Welcome to PatsFans.com

Prosecuters earn their reputation

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Jul 7, 2011.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

There's been quite a bit of talk since the Casey Anthony verdict about how juries are changing. I think the Nancy Grace, revenge style prosecutes are becoming their own worst enemies. I think there is some push back. Below is an example of what might set them off. I know I get mad when I see maximum possible charges being levied just because they can. I expect more cases to backfire.

2. tehmackdaddy

tehmackdaddy Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm no legal expert, but just listening to the prosecutor's closing argument had me thinking she did a very poor job.

Edit: to clarify, I am speaking of the Anthony trial.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -27

Have never heard of going forth with charges like this for an 11 year old, have seen it around age 13, but age 11 is very young for both the juvenile systems and adult systems.

The initial question that comes to mind, is how come the kids had access to guns when they were alone?? Don't the owners of the guns face some responsibility for being so reckless??

The news reports indicate that the prosecutor wants the kid to be tried as an adult... which is a pain in the butt for the folks who run prisons. Protecting youngsters in prison is a difficult task.

For an 11 year old to get a fair trial is going to be difficult, due to his age alone.. the reports do not indicate it if was manslaughter or if there was malice of forethought.

The best ending is to plea him out in the juvenile system..

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -27

At least the allowed him to pay his final respects, privately prior to the service.. nice, humane move by the Indiana Detention Center...

Still no information on whether or not they are going to charge the adults with negligence for leaving the gun around.

11-year-old Ind. boy accused of murdering brother Andrew Frye pays last respects - Crimesider - CBS News

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

tying this back to the thread on the Texas case,I take it all the pro death penalty folks will want the kid executed if he is in fact prosecuted and found guilty?

6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Only if they discover he's a fan of the NY Jests.

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Well if any good comes out of this it is the states who are quickly drafting laws making it a crime if you fail to report your missing child for a determined amount of time.