Welcome to PatsFans.com

Props to Rivers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SaCaCh, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaCaCh

SaCaCh Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He showed some nuts todays and played great. Unlike the Classy one.

Show some props to him he deserves it today.
  2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

yep. He has annoyed me with the sh!t talking, but he earned it today. He has a thing or two to teach LdT about heart.
  3. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

very true, Rivers gave it everything

LT should be ashamed of himself.
  4. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

No doubt. Rivers showed me something today...as for the classy one, my friends who watched the game with me didn't have anything nice to say about him. It was kind of pathetic to see him sitting there with his cape and his mask down. But when you're hurt, you're hurt.
  5. Patsmaniac

Patsmaniac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree. although Rivers may be a loud mouth he did show some guts. I gotta give him an A for effort and did well considering everything.

LT---well thats a diff story.
  6. sanvara

sanvara Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice sentiments in this thread tainted with the LT comments. If you are hurt, you are hurt.
  7. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Agreed. My whole opinion of him changed. Gutsy. Threw the ball better than a healthy TB today. Props to him.
  8. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

honestly..im not sure how i feel towards Rivers. You play hurt..you did not have a good game..your hurting your team. if he was playing well i would give credit but he played poor imo and at one point, they should've realized they had a better option. sure your tough by playing through an injury but are you smart? not this case
  9. Dojo Chargerfan

Dojo Chargerfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

A healthy Turner is better than in injured LT. That's not really fair to say.
  10. SDNotATroll

SDNotATroll Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rivers made some mistakes today, but he gutted it out and did make some nice throws throughout the game. I don't condone the trash talk, but I think that's just his own way of getting himself fired up. He claims he doesn't use profanity so it shouldn't be a big deal. I've always been an LT supporter but today I was embarassed by him. It wasn't because he couldn't play, I understand if you're hurt. It was the way he bundled himself up like a baby on the sidelines. He should have been up with the rest of his team to support and cheer. I know i'll probably take these words back, but right now I feel like keeping Turner and trading LT.
  11. snafu

snafu Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Looks like Rivers can back up his talk. He played tough. I have some new respect for the guy.

But I still hate the Chargers.:D
  12. NEPat

NEPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm gonna give LT a break. Rivers had bad knees too yes, but that's much harder for a RB to deal with. You need your legs.

Great job by Rivers, he really showed something today.
  13. Tommysgirl

Tommysgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Rivers, I'll never pick on him again and call him a whiner. Big props today, you have huge cajones.

LdT, you're an even bigger *itch than ever.
  14. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

thanks guys, i think rivers really stepped it up today but he was just no match for your superior defense

i'd say the only dissapointment i had in him was with the underthrown int

that 1st int i thought was just an amazing play by samuel who straight up stole the ball from the wr

i really can't believe PR played all game and LT basically only played 2 carries

i still can't believe jammer picked off tom brady, and cro stepped up at least once.

overall i just think NE proved to me today they really are the greatest.
  15. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

LOL, more excuse by Chargers fans.
    Rivers showed more toughness in his pinky than LT had in his whole body this game!
    That was just sad. LT, a complete nonfactor, chickens out after 3 touches. He cares more about himself then trying to carry his team in the most important game of the year.
    Chargers fall SHORT again, far short.
  16. Lampshade

Lampshade Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Rivers played great.

I don't think anyone has ever questioned his toughness, but there's even less reason to do it now.
  17. sanvara

sanvara Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thankfully you are not running the Chargers. That would be perhaps the most foolish move in the history of the NFL.
  18. Pats fan in Vikes land

Pats fan in Vikes land Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rivers was a gamer today, huge heart... mad props.

But LdT? Come on. He sulked on the bench with his helmet on and the big coat like a little baby. Sort of reminded me of that Sox game in Yankee Stadium back in '04 when Nomar sat sulking on the bench.

Rivers = warrior.

LdT = beeyotch.
  19. makoute

makoute Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Props to the Chargers, this is a good team, the Colts would've folded.
  20. sanvara

sanvara Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

^^^^We have an intelligent poster here folks.

Exactly. No comparison. As a RB you drive and cut with your legs and you must be able to take hits to your knees every time you touch the ball.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  21. Pats fan in Vikes land

Pats fan in Vikes land Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's not the fact that he was too injured to play that I have an issue with, it was his sulking primadonna attitude sitting on the bench and refusing to support his team, namely the guys that WERE gutting it out with injuries. He showed right there he's more of a "me" guy than I ever thought.
  22. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i dont feel LT did anything wrong by not playing. Its not only his choice..he has to be cleared by trainers. if he could'nt push off..what can he do? he'd be hurting the team. My only beef was he sat on bench whole game..with helmet on..and didnt seem to say a word. If your the leader of the football team, get up...fire people up. remind them of where they are..rally up the troops. Sitting quietly on bench doesnt do anything for anyone
  23. SDNotATroll

SDNotATroll Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's just frustration talking man. That's why I said I'd be eating my words. To be honest though, LT wasn't the same man this year on or off the field. I don't think any SD fan was too distraught when we found out LT could not come back in the game. Turner and Sproles do an admirable job. Give me LT of 06 and I'd never trade him.
  24. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I will get my thoughts out while they're still fresh.

Rivers is a tough SOB. No doubt, playing like that with a bum knee. He earned my respect today, FWIW.

LT is a b*tch IMO. Disclaimer:Unless someone comes out with proof that he had more than a hyperextendid knee:LT is a b*tch! I played with the same injury as a sophmore in High School. Not that I'm a hero but that is a bit different than playing for a chance at the SuperBowl and he sat on the sidelines like a cold little *****.

The defense for the chargers played well and Tommy had a rough go of it for a few series. They have to own the record for the most unbelievable interceptions of all time during the postseason. Congrats.
  25. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Sorry but, 0 points is 0 points. No props from me.
  26. glutton79

glutton79 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

rivers could've played with two broken legs and I'd still think he's a douchebag. I will, however, give you that he's reasonably tough. even if his method of demonstrating it involves talking crap to the opposing team's fans.
  27. pwes

pwes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Exactly. It's the same reason I'm calling him a biatch. Dude take teh helmet off and rally your troops. Don't sit there sulking because your team is losing. It was a pathetic sight seeing him sitting there at the end of the game, with his helmet on, away from everyone, just looking around.
  28. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

yeah i actually thought our offense looked better in indy without LT which is crazy

i think it makes PR grow up faster as a qb when it's not about forcing the running game and LT.

there is no excuses for losing todays game, we didn't convert in the red zone, but that just speaks highly of NE's redzone D

LT had a really crappy playoffs and we still got to the AFCCG, that's something that gives me confidence going forward

now we just have to ask ourselves as a team, how do you replace turner.

i'm glad we have AJ Smith to make that decision and not me.
  29. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

yeah that was very very weird
  30. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

LT contributed nothing on good plays or bad plays. he was emotionLESS

all week he talked about the opportunity to maybe go to Super Bowl and how the chances dont come around very often. Well..if they dont come very often, how about you go and gets your teammates fired up. be happy that they are still in the game and have a chance. if people use the excuse that "hes mad that he didnt get to play much..." that just makes him seem selfish. There are 52 other people on that roster that want to go to Super Bowl..and the best player on the team is sitting on sideline not saying a single word
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.