Props To Mangini Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
He proved he's a better coach than half the fakers out there. He doesn't have the horses to go against us just yet. He made alot with a little and the coaching is obvious.

No power RB, no great speed at WR, weak armed QB and an inexperienced OL ... they played well for 3 quaters today...alot better than the 24 teams that did not make the playoffs.

There are more talented teams out of the playoffs right now ... he did alot with very little. clearly we would have been in great hands had he stayed until Belichick wanted a rest.

i thought the first half with both coaches taking timeouts on Defense(which teams do very rarely actually)...trying to out guess each other was really entertaining to watch...

i thought the first half with both coaches taking timeouts on Defense(which teams do very rarely actually)...trying to out guess each other was really entertaining to watch...

Remarked to the bride
that i can't remember viewing a game so full of subtle
traps ... surprises ... and misdirecting ploys - all before the snap.

He proved he's a better coach than half the fakers out there. He doesn't have the horses to go against us just yet. He made alot with a little and the coaching is obvious.

No power RB, no great speed at WR, weak armed QB and an inexperienced OL ... they played well for 3 quaters today...alot better than the 24 teams that did not make the playoffs.

There are more talented teams out of the playoffs right now ... he did alot with very little. clearly we would have been in great hands had he stayed until Belichick wanted a rest.

I agree - and he deserves credit for the full season as well - but as I pointed out in the "Congratulations Jets" thread, save for the lack of a running game, he's had a pretty injury free year.

That's what always sets apart the Patriots from other teams - we have the typical injuries - maybe even more than our fair share of bad luck. Our coaches and players always seem to find a way to scheme around the lack of personnel - and the players usually step up to make it happen.

Mangini really hasn't been tested yet. Let's see how he does amid adversity and see how good a coach he is then.

Mangini really hasn't been tested yet. Let's see how he does amid adversity and see how good a coach he is then.

Mangini hasn't been tested yet? Taking over a losing, crappy team that lost key players in the off season (Abrham, Martin, etc.) wasn't enough? Dealing with the asinine NY media wasn't enough?

If Mangini were coaching almost any team other than the Jets I'd almost have to support that team. He did an incredible job with the Jets this year -- overcoming a LOT of adversity in the process. I'd give him coach of the year if it were up to me. His game plan today kept him in it against a superior Pats team for three quarters. Not shabby.

Belichick and Mangini will be going at each other in the AFC East for years to come. It is actually a good thing because the competition will just make the Pats stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down