Welcome to PatsFans.com

Proof vs Possibility

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Who cares, we got Tiger Woods, Phony Global Warming and Obama's War now Sarah is yesterdays news.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Perhaps her published should have arranged her schedule differently.

Is this the best the left can come up with after having a bevy of fact checkers looking for errors?
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Possibly....and possibly Obama wrote his book himself. Or possibly she thinks she's too good to ride the bus and doesn't mind pulling a fast one on her fans and possibly Ayers ghost-wrote Obama's book. However, in the absence of proof if you accept the possibility of one you need to at least entertain the possibility of the other - and adjust your proclaimations accordingly.

Since you are the one who uses the words interchangeably it shouldn't be so hard to figure out, 13.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

Or quite possibly moderator 13 does not know what he is talking about, but is kompelled to respond...
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

I don't have a problem with Palin flying to meet the American people the same way you have a problem with BO's relationship with Ayers. Clearly this bothered you since you started a thread on the subject to deflect.
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

Keep beating that dead horse the more often you post it, the sillier you look... there is no evidence except from those who want to believe it, all the while a person associated with white supremacists ghost wrote the Palin book.. in reality you do not know anything about the Barack Obama book, but there is a Possibility so it might have happened.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

I do know he used phrasing and imagery that his good friend B Ayers uses in his many books. I do know that the reading levels in some of Ayers books is almost identical to what is in BO's book. I know Ayers didn't write books under his name during the time BO's books were written. I know beyond these bio's BO hasn't written any other books about policy.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

I have no problem with accepting the fact that Obama wrote his own book. What I HAVE a problem with is your interchangable "proof" and "possibility" in another thread. I began this one to address that problem without being accused of hijacking the other thread.

I am deflecting nothing - I am challenging your repeated useage of the word "proof' when, in fact, only "possibility" exists.
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

I love the way lefties try to put words in my mouth. I never said anything was proven. I said it was possible and cited some of the circumstanial evidence.

As to the response from multiple people Me thinks thou doth protest too much.
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

You "know" it - or you "read" it somewhere? There's no way you can "know" anything of the sort, 13. What are "reading levels," anyhow? Do you even know? I doubt it because if you did you'd be aware that all writers appeal to a certain "reading level" and that means thousands of writers other than Obama and Ayers can be considered "almost identical." It's so common, in fact, there there is something called a "Readability Formula" which many good authors use and most good editors swear by. It tells you what words are going to be understood by which readers and when a book is edited it becomes of paramount importance and is heavily relied upon to make the end result as good as it can possibly get. It also means that things like word choice, phrasing and tone are going to be similar in any given number of books by any given number of authors. The fact that two authors come from the same level of education and live in the same part of the county is also going to provide some similarity in all of those things.

How many books does a person have to write before you say he's written them himself? What does I know beyond these bio's BO hasn't written any other books about policy even mean, fer cryin out loud? All authors have a certain number of books they've written beyond which they've written no others. Does that mean they didn't really write the books they wrote? If that's the case, Margaret Mitchell didn't write "Gone With the Wind" since, according to wht you've claimed about Obama, no author writes just one or two books. J.D. Salinger is a fraud because beyond his three famous novels he published nothing else.

As for knowing he used phrasing and imagery that his good friend B Ayers uses in his many books how many of Ayers books have you, personally, read? Or is your use of the words "I know" based on what something someone else has told you he knows? Once again, like "proof" and "possibility" not even close to the same thing....unless you blindly accept anything you read as unmigated truth - so long as it doesn't say Obama wrote it.

You "know" nothing of the sort. For one thing, when a book is written often has nothing to do with when it's published. There is no way in hell you "know" when any of the books in question were actually written - or how long it took to write them or how long it took to edit them or how long it took to get them published or even what else the author might have been working on at the time. I've written poems in 1999 which didn't see print until 2007. It happens all the time - with books and with poetry.

However, if you're basing what you "know" on publication dates - opps, wrong again. Audacity of Hope was published in 2006 - same year Ayers published "Sing a Battle Song." "Dreams of my Father" was published in 1995 - same year Ayers published "To Become a Teacher, Making a Difference."

I'm beginning to think there's a distinct possibility take you don't "know" a whole hell of a lot - but it doesn't keep you from pretending you do, anyhow.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

And you know that how, please cite a credible reference... you seem to know a lot about this, but do not cite anything worthwhile..

FYI read the Summerhill book, when I was very interested in education... did not find it all that subversive, and did not want to blow up the Pentagon after reading it...

You know that he used phrasing and imagery that Ayers used in his many books.. what phrases do you suspect... here is a list of Ayers Books..

Lets break down the rest of your argument:

Obama went to Harvard, Ayers finished his graduate studies at Columbia.. so I suspect that they have pretty much the same reading level... that would be very high..

What books might those be??? Cannot seem to find any...

The question here is so??? Has he made this claim???

Once again Moderator 13, has been exposed with a very weak and probably non existent argument..
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

I did in the other thread. check the link. Of course I doubt any source I cite would be credible to you since you disagree with me.
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

When confronted with facts, point to another thread... is that the thread that you closed to me??? Just cut and paste it here, it is not that hard.

Great discussion once again, no substance just conjecture.
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Actually what you presented as fact before you said you didn't present it as fact it was this:

Notice the glaring absence of anything like "alleged ghost writer" or "possible ghost writer" before the words "Bill Ayers." The same terms are not necessary in Sarah Palin's ghost-writer introduction since she actually had a ghost-writer and there's proof of that.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

My OPINION is that Bo had a GW. I linked an article that priovides information that I find credible that informs my OPINION. When I linked the articles I specified it wasn't definitive proof.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

Guess that is as close as you can come to saying I f...ed up... close but no cigar.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Again
    Sarah has been put on the back burner we have more pressing issues right now the MSM will try to ignore them but they are to big to brush aside, Cable, Internet and Bloggers will keep these right up front where they should be.
    Climategate (the phony global warming lie) Boob Gore should have his prize taken away from him.

The New War President, our Beautiful President is now a War President just like Bush, he has done nothing to Bring the troops home he has done nothing to Close Gitmo.

The Darling Of The Golf Course, Tiger Woods alone is enough to send Sarah back to page 634 with the used cars, nobody cares about Sarah flying on a plane, Obama uses Air Force One to take his wife to dinner.

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN
    AUNT ZUCCHINI MISSES BOOM BOOM (she wants to sleep in the lincoln bedroom)
    GOD DAMN AMERICA
    SAMSON OBAMA IS A CHILD MOLESTER

YES WE CAN
    GEORGE OBAMA USES A BONG
  19. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sarah is never yesterdays news if you are female and a liberal...... She's the devil.....
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

I know, I love it when they go insane calling her and her kids names and all she does is smile at them, the thing that really drives them nuts is they know she ain't going away....