PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Proof that the Patriots are God's team

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, everyone, no need to argue so bitterly, just breathe deeply..........

Ah, well, it doesn't appear there is an intent to reach "Enlightenment."

Clonamery, why so angry? You didn't know that Tibetan Buddhism was very different from, and just a minuscule fraction/sect of all Buddhist followers. It's okay, no need to get your panties all up in a bunch.

[The reincarnation system for the Living Buddhas is the main point distinguishing Tibetan Buddhism from other forms of Buddhism. ]
The Reincarnation of the Living Buddhas: Tibet travel/tour experts from China Tibet Toursim Bureau

NEGolden, I did see that he is considered a carnation of a Buddhist God. Here is another describing the Dalai Lama as a 'Living Buddha', 'holy one', 'God King'. I also saw this interesting excerpt:
[There have been 14 Dalai Lamas...One of the worst was the 6th Dalai Lama who was more interested in women and alcohol than he was in studying and leading. He used to sneak out of Potala in disguise to visit local brothels.]

DALAI LAMAS - China | Facts and Details

Clonamery, why so angry? You didn't know that Tibetan Buddhism was very different from, and just a minuscule fraction/sect of all Buddhist followers. It's okay, no need to get your panties all up in a bunch.

[The reincarnation system for the Living Buddhas is the main point distinguishing Tibetan Buddhism from other forms of Buddhism. ]
The Reincarnation of the Living Buddhas: Tibet travel/tour experts from China Tibet Toursim Bureau

NEGolden, I did see that he is considered a carnation of a Buddhist God. Here is another describing the Dalai Lama as a 'Living Buddha', 'holy one', 'God King'. I also saw this interesting excerpt:
[There have been 14 Dalai Lamas...One of the worst was the 6th Dalai Lama who was more interested in women and alcohol than he was in studying and leading. He used to sneak out of Potala in disguise to visit local brothels.]

I'm still upset McDaniels left, he was my hero, and well, I appear to be made of glass. I hope you can comprehend my difficulty with your reasoning.....

These articles are a much better source, though the first article, from a travel site, oversimplifies the differences between the Tibettan "Buddhism" from the rest of "Buddhism". However only a smidgon of research will tell you that there are MANY small schools of Buddhist thought, and some that even recognize tulkus.

Heck, most tulkus are not Dali Lamas. Words like "God-King" are created by the west and are not the way Tibetans view the Dali Lama. I haven't seen any Buddhist publications refer to the Dali Lama as a "God".

What does "There have been 14 Dalai Lamas...One of the worst was the 6th Dalai Lama who was more interested in women and alcohol than he was in studying and leading. He used to sneak out of Potala in disguise to visit local brothelsThere have been 14 Dalai Lamas...One of the worst was the 6th Dalai Lama who was more interested in women and alcohol than he was in studying and leading. He used to sneak out of Potala in disguise to visit local brothels"
have to do with this? I never said the Dali Lamas were good people. I think the current one happens to be a good person, but that's just one example....

Either way, the current Dali Lama isn't considered a god by his people, and is actually a huge proponent of science, human rights and the idea of universal ethics. Although I'm not a Buddhist, I have tremendous appreciation and respect for what the current Dali Lama is trying to do. Read about him. You'll find he's quite different than his predecessors.

Hopefully the Lama will give the Pats players some wisdom on how to better beat their opponents. ;) Either that or a playoff pep talk would be cool.

I guess we are truly in the off-off season.
--------------------------------------
???????

I agree that the Dali Lama and teachings are well worth studying.

Yes, His Holiness (that is his title) is a huge proponent of science, human rights and the idea of universal ethics. Those positions are not unusual for Buddhists.

What I find curious is that you think that because he is an advocate of science, he and his people do not consider him a divinity, a god. They certainly do.

I also find curious your implication that religion somehow opposes science, human rights and universal ethics.

Perhaps the easiest way to clarify is to understand that the Dalai Lama does not view his religion, or his divinity, as exclusionary. For Tibetan Buddhists, the Dalai Lama is their God-King. They have no particular problem if Jesus is the God-King for many others.

==================
[Either way, the current Dali Lama isn't considered a god by his people, and is actually a huge proponent of science, human rights and the idea of universal ethics. Although I'm not a Buddhist, I have tremendous appreciation and respect for what the current Dali Lama is trying to do. Read about him. You'll find he's quite different than his predecessors.[/QUOTE]

???????

Yes, His Holiness (that is his title) is a huge proponent of science, human rights and the idea of universal ethics. Those positions are not unusual for Buddhists.

What I find curious is that you think that because he is an advocate of science, he and his people do not consider him a divinity, a god. They certainly do.

I also find curious your implication that religion somehow opposes science, human rights and universal ethics.

Perhaps the easiest way to clarify is to understand that the Dalai Lama does not view his religion, or his divinity, as exclusionary. For Tibetan Buddhists, the Dalai Lama is their God-King. They have no particular problem if Jesus is the God-King for many others.

==================
[Either way, the current Dali Lama isn't considered a god by his people, and is actually a huge proponent of science, human rights and the idea of universal ethics. Although I'm not a Buddhist, I have tremendous appreciation and respect for what the current Dali Lama is trying to do. Read about him. You'll find he's quite different than his predecessors.
[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the perspective of my sources has left out the "god-king" idea, but even googling now, I am unable to find Buddhist literature that refers to the Dali Lama as a diety. Could you send a link with a Buddhist source that refers to the Dali Lama as a "god".

Although I do admire the Dali Lama's pursuits, I don't use that as my argument that he's not considered a "god". I was just explaining why I admire him... as a counter to the image of the Dali Lama thinking he's a god and believes in slavery.

I don't think religion oposes science, and did not mean to convey such a thing. I consider modern Tibetan Buddism to be more of a Philosophy/method than a traditional religion.

???????

==================
[Either way, the current Dali Lama isn't considered a god by his people, and is actually a huge proponent of science, human rights and the idea of universal ethics. Although I'm not a Buddhist, I have tremendous appreciation and respect for what the current Dali Lama is trying to do. Read about him. You'll find he's quite different than his predecessors.

Perhaps the perspective of my sources has left out the "god-king" idea, but even googling now, I am unable to find Buddhist literature that refers to the Dali Lama as a diety. Could you send a link with a Buddhist source that refers to the Dali Lama as a "god".

Although I do admire the Dali Lama's pursuits, I don't use that as my argument that he's not considered a "god". I was just explaining why I admire him... as a counter to the image of the Dali Lama thinking he's a god and believes in slavery.

I don't think religion oposes science, and did not mean to convey such a thing. I consider modern Tibetan Buddism to be more of a Philosophy/method than a traditional religion.

Here's something you could both peruse.....

An interview of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama where he speaks on happiness, compassion and Buddhahood

Last edited:

Good link. Quotes like this give a glimpse into his personality.
"That's why the Buddha is said to be a great psychologist?
Undoubtedly, because he taught the science of the mind. "

I've read some of his stuff, and most of the books on the Mind and Life Conferences. This guy has a unique way with words... sorta developed his own lingo. It's fascinating, reading the conversations that can happen when monks, scientists, philosophers and psycologists get together.

I'll put it to ya this way. If you're enough of a geek to think that meditating monks being hooked up to some of the worlds most advanced EEGs is cool, then you'd love reading this stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back