Welcome to PatsFans.com

Proof Obama Lied

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Mar 16, 2008.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/8/8/194812.shtml?s=lh

Presidential candidate Barack Obama preaches on the campaign trail that
    America needs a new consensus based on faith and bipartisanship, yet he
    continues to attend a controversial Chicago church whose pastor routinely refers to "white arrogance" and "the United States of White America."
    In fact, Obama was in attendance at the church when these statements were made on July 22.

. . . Wright's strong sentiments were echoed in the Sunday morning service attended by NewsMax.

Wright laced into America's establishment, blaming the "white arrogance" of
    America's Caucasian majority for the woes of the world, especially the
    oppression suffered by blacks. To underscore the point he refers to the country as the "United States of White America." Many in the congregation, including Obama, nodded in apparent agreement as these statements were made.
    [Emphasis added]

The sermon also addressed the Iraq war, a frequent area of Wright's
    fulminations. "Young African-American men," Wright thundered, were "dying
    for nothing." The "illegal war," he shouted, was "based on Bush's lies" and is
    being "fought for oil money."

In a sermon filled with profanity, Wright also blamed the war on "Bush
    administration bulls--t." Those are the types of statements that have led to
    MSNBC's Tucker Carlson describing Wright as "a full-blown hater."

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

It's such a shame that people like this hold the African American race down by spewing hatred that causes those in attendance hate and not wanting to be a functional part of society. I'm afraid it's not the white people he talks to that are holding his race back, it's people just like him who are doing it.

3. cupofjoe1962

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

Here is the link of Obama's big lie !
    He said that he did not know of the Rev Wrights racist speeches were aired this week. He said that he was not there when the speeches were made.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/62894.html

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Booma went to that church for 20 years and he just finds out his Pastor his a f-cking skunk, does Boom Boom expect America to believe that he hasn't heard this a$s hole ministers sh!t until last week, you liberals are'nt that much in love with this guy that you believe that crap are you.

Obama is scary
    Obama is dangerous, he blows his nose and the looney liberals faint.

There will be big trouble in America's cities if Obama makes it, but I still have faith in the people, they won't put this kid in the white house.

:bricks:

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm not sure it matters. America seems to have met it's new messiah and isn't too concerned about any flaws that would show him to be mortal.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

News to you kids if you haven't heard...the grownups have known it for a while:
    ALL POLITICIANS LIE...(shhhh! ... don't tell your mother)
    This is minor stuff, really.
    McCain knows it, Clinton definitely knows it, and Obama though it was minor.
    In the end, it will mean nothing. Obama needs to get in front of this, though. and then he needs to turn on Hillary like a rabid dog. Her people are strangely quiet, kinda like my brother when I was getting grounded. If the gloves don't come off now, then Obama doesn't deserve the nomination.

7. cupofjoe1962

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

No Liberal replies???

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What would a 'reverse racism acknowledgement' thread be without a visit from you?

9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Although a handful of Wright's comments are offensive, let's keep in mind that the Reagan's and Bush's hosted many preachers who said even worse things about the United States:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/obamas-minister-committe_b_91774.html

"... when my late father -- Religious Right leader Francis Schaeffer -- denounced America and even called for the violent overthrow of the US government, he was invited to lunch with presidents Ford, Reagan and Bush, Sr."

Of course, Wright is black and Schaeffer is white; maybe that has something to do with it.

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Good to have you back, Patters.

The ship has been listing fairly heavily to starboard of late.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

That is an understatement.. lots of tolerance for stuff from the right, and little for comments from the left..

this is about the 30th thread on Obama is a racist, different heading but same content.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+3] Mommy, mommy!! Did you bring me any presents!! [/size]

:rolleyes:

//

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Thanks, PC. I suppose the right is hoping an offensive sermon that Obama didn't attend will distract people from the economy. The good news is they are playing this card to death way too early to affect the general election. Wright's stupid comments won't make the news cycle twice, especially since he's retiring in a couple weeks and Obama has fully condemned Wright's remarks.

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

The condemnation has fallen on deaf ears to those who hear what they want to hear.. welcome back Patters.

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

It will be interesting to see how many different ways they play the race card. While they had a right to demand Obama condemn Wright's comments, they are now trying to stretch the story out, but it looks like the Republican economy will dominate page 1, while the Wright story is largely dead except in the white right media.

16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Please explain to me exactly what the parallels are in "There does come a time when force, even physical force, is appropriate..." is a bad thing? Even Thomas Jefferson said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.".

And exactly how does it compare with

I'll be waiting for you to clarify that. I notice you didn't bother to give any examples, merely the link and say they hosted "many preachers worse" while only demonstrating one--and the worst they can come find he said is that if the government takes too many liberties away, a revolution is justified.

17. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Seems to me no one is trying to stretch the story out, they just keep finding evidence that Obama lied when he said he never heard the man say some of this stuff. That's enough to keep the story going. And, by the way, who is "they" anyway?

As for the Republican economy--there are a few really smart economists who blame this squarely on Greenspan. Seems all his "adjustments" are coming home to roost.
    I'm not saying it's fact, I'm not even saying I believe it, but it is interesting, given the situation.

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

The battle is the right wing Newsmax v. the Obama campaign, both of which have their own agendas. Newsmax claims Obama attended the sermon in question; the Obama campaign says he was in Miami. At any rate, it's clear the right is applying a double standard, as this link, which I posted elsewhere, shows:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/obamas-minister-committe_b_91774.html

Obviously, the right is applying a double standard.

Which economists are you talking about? In general, presidents are held accountable by the public (Carter and Bush I, for instance), and politicians and fed reserve chair focus more on the short-term than the long-term, since they have little control over the latter.

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

The "Righties" didn't create this Story, Prince Obama's Spiritual Advisor did.

Watch what the Clinton Hit Men do with it in a few weeks.

Did any of you notice the Michael Jackson Gyration Movements that "The Pastor" put on when he was imitating Clinton Having Sex With Monica.

I don't think the American people want this Racist Scumsucker sleeping in the Lincoln Bedroom or looking for Easter Eggs in the Rose Garden, he belongs on a street corner in South Central LA.

The next time you watch the Clip keep an eye on the congregation, they LOVE it, a whole church full of Racists and Obama claims he has never heard this crap before,,,,,:singing:

WHO WANTS TO BUY A SWAMP------See Harry.

:bricks:

20. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's pretty funny, when you think about it. Still, you have to give the lefties credit for spinning creatively.