Welcome to PatsFans.com

Prometheus

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by fleabassist1, Jun 9, 2012.

1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Anyone see it?

Wife and I saw it at the 12:01 showing, iMax, 3D... 3D helped with the experience imho.

Thought it was a great movie, minus character development. It seemed a little rushed to me, missing out on many elements and leaving a huge cliffhanger at the end, but I would definitely go see it again.

Any thoughts?
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 6 / -23

#61 Jersey

Saw it tonight. I thought it was spectacular -- probably the most visually stunning science fiction movie ever made. You're right about the character development being a bit short, but the acting was very, very good. I wonder if Ridley Scott will continue the storyline.
  3. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

I saw it on opening night (1st June for us UK members) and I thought it was brilliant!

I went with my brother, who is a MASSIVE Alien fan, and is very critical when it comes to films, and he loved it! Thought it was well done, and some of the little hints of Alien were good!

Also, I thought the ended was brilliant!
  4. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

I got to agree with everyone else,l Incredible and Ripley Scott is a guinness. Glad it was not a straight Alien prequel,. Reminded me alot of the great movie 2001, easier to understand (not to take way from that masterpiece) then that movie but same themes and questions. Can't wait to see it again.
  5. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

You seen Ridley's new publicity shot?

[​IMG]
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

I saw it yesterday. Hate to say but I was pretty underwhelmed. I was so looking forward to it, but it left too many questions, and seemed to thin a plot. On top of that I found some segments to be unreasonable. For example, when the 2 guys are stuck in the temple/mountain/cargo hold/weapons lab/alienwhateveruwanttocallit due to the storm, and that creature thing pops up from the black liquid on the ground. What type of moron would look to play with it like it were a little kitten or puppy? It's an alien planet, you're stuck in a scary looking temple type deal, there are dead "engineer" bodies all over the place, and you are pretty much aware of the fact that they were running from something, and you decide to go pet a serpant like creature that rises up from some black liquid, that was oosing out of a vase? Stuff like that annoys me. Even more so than the idea that some private individual would spend a trillion dollars, and travel 2+ years through space, on such a thin basis as was presented. Obviously, since it's science fiction a lot of salt has to be expected, but I was expecting more. Still worth watching though.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

I watched this movie a second time last night, cuz it's on HBO now, and I figured why not give it another look. I hate to say but it was worse the second time. Everything from believing that in roughly 80 years from now, space travel like that, on a private scale, will even be possible, to the idea that a person would invest in such an endeavor, with the information given. Plus I still can't get over that ridiculous kitty cat scene in that tomb. Very underwhelming.
  8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,841 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

I'm glad someone else was underwhelmed by this. I'm a fan of Ridley Scott's work in general, but this wasn't one of his best efforts.
  9. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +661 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I think it has a bit to do with expectations maybe? I had fairly low expectations going into it, and I was pleased with the film. I'm pretty picky these days, and while I agree completely with the absurdity of the "kitty scene", I thought it was a decent enough story.

Visually, it's stunning, and I like some of the premise of the film. It has its rough edges, but I'd give it a solid 6.5/10.