PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Projo: Fred Taylor will sign with New England [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Fred Taylor - Any News?

Any word on how his visit went yesterday?

Re: Fred Taylor - Any News?

I won't be surprise that him and the Pats will remain silent until after midnight tonight!

I won't be surprise that him and the Pats will remain silent until after midnight tonight!

No need--he's a free agent right now, and doesn't need to wait until FA officially begins.

Last edited:

That's what I figured - he could sign whenever he wants to. I believe the only initial visits he scheduled were with Buffalo and us, so if that is true, it could be today when he picks and signs.

I think there's a chance they'll visit with Warrick Dunn before agreeing to terms. His availability may have caused a wrinkle.

As I've stated before, he was more productive than Taylor last year.

You gotta just chuckle a little bit.

He visit's the Bills and before he's even on the plane out of town, there were many stories about how the interview went and how impressed he was with the team and people.

Then he comes to Foxboro and..........well....nothing.

You gotta just chuckle a little bit.

He visit's the Bills and before he's even on the plane out of town, there were many stories about how the interview went and how impressed he was with the team and people.

Then he comes to Foxboro and..........well....nothing.

It's really weird (I think) that they let FA visitors have time with Buffalo media. I don't understand that.

It's really weird (I think) that they let FA visitors have time with Buffalo media. I don't understand that.
It's simple. They're the Bills=dopes.

Yea, agreed. Or perhpas we are so used to the Patirot Way, anything else is just odd.

Yea, agreed. Or perhpas we are so used to the Patirot Way, anything else is just odd.

Maybe. It sure does give us lot's to talk about when we don't know anything until it's meant for us too. Fun that way, though.

i wonder how much taylor would cost per season. i say this because there are reports on rotoworld that Derrick Ward's tag has gone down to 2.5M per season. living in NY i was able to see him almost every week. hes incredible running out of the shotgun, i dont think ive seen a running back look more comfortable or better running out of the shotgun like ward. with our offense, he would fit in nicely. i think he will get more than 2.5M and price himself out of our range, but he is certainly someone to consider if we seriously are thinking about adding another RB

Thanks for the update

Well, I guess that's that then.

Rotoworld reports we are likely to acquire him

ProJo/SMY thinks Fred Taylor will choose the Patriots

F. Taylor likely to choose New England - Projo Pats Blog

"After visiting both the Patriots and Bills over the past few days, it is believed that free agent running back Fred Taylor will sign with New England."

No mind blowing source but - it's not tomase either :)

Projo as well:

After visiting both the Patriots and Bills over the past few days, it is believed that free agent running back Fred Taylor will sign with New England.

Both teams made contract offers to the 11-year veteran, but the Patriots' recent run of success may have tipped the balance for Taylor, who has seen two players close to him -- cousin Santonio Holmes with the Steelers and friend Plaxico Burress with the Giants -- win Super Bowl rings, something Taylor hasn't had a chance to come close to achieving yet.

The Providence Journal reports that free agent Fred Taylor is likely to join the Patriots.
The paper believes Taylor, 33, "likely has at least three good seasons left." While that's far from likely, Taylor figures to come cheap and will be a candidate for significant early-down carries in New England. It appears he's choosing Bill Belichick's club over **** Jauron's. Not exactly a tough one.

Re: ProJo/SMY thinks Fred Taylor will choose the Patriots

Getter done. I want this so badly to happen.

Re: ProJo/SMY thinks Fred Taylor will choose the Patriots

Oh be it so !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill