PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Projecting 2013 free agent contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Evan Silva predicts the top 100 FA signings .... Pats sign all 3 of their own

I would move on from Vollmer because of his reliability. Surely the Pats can find a RT in FA.

Talib is such a risk. Hes virtually been in some sort of trouble every year since joining the NFL. After spending a 4th pick, all you can do is roll the dice and protect yourself with a contract that would shield the Pats should he go astray again.

Re: Evan Silva predicts the top 100 FA signings .... Pats sign all 3 of their own

I found it interesting that after signing the "big 3" for very reasonable contracts, he didn't have the Pats signing anyone else in his top 100.

BTW- IF the Pats managed to negotiate those contracts as Silva speculated, I would suspect the actual cap hit this season would be under $12MM, leaving plenty of space to sign a good number of mid to low level FA's, like Edelman, Arrington, etc.

While that draft might lack its usual luster for the Pats this season, FA should be VERY interesting. I can't remember a FA class as deep and talented as this one. It will also be interesting to see if that depth of talent has a mitigating effect on contract size. Given the rumors of the deals Harvin and Wallace are looking at, right now its not much.

I seriously doubt the Pats will go into free agency with $25 million in cap space and so few draft picks and come out of free agency with the same exact team they had last year. Makes no sense.

Brady wouldnt take less money to have them just resign their players i think we sign welker, talib, bryant and cox and let vollmer walk

I seriously doubt the Pats will go into free agency with $25 million in cap space and so few draft picks and come out of free agency with the same exact team they had last year. Makes no sense.

OTOH, they don't need to come out of FA with a vastly different team, either.

That make me smile.. one of the perennial top 4 teams every year in the NFL and a better team is needed??

Wonder what is would be like on this board if our local team was Oakland, Cleveland or Minnesota??

Do you actually think that the Pats are better if they do this? Really? Really? No deep threat. No starting strong safety. Pass rush still not that great.

You must think that the Pats will hit on all of their draft picks, which is rarely the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back