Welcome to PatsFans.com

Projected playoffs from SI...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by grapedog, Aug 31, 2007.

1. grapedog

grapedog Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Re: Projected playoff's from SI...

Remember last year? They picked Miami to win the AFC! hahaha, I'll never get over that. Dr. Z is such a retard.
  3. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

These nutjobs really think that an NFC team is going to beat an AFC team in the superbowl? The Saints should have a really good team this year, but their D isn't very good. In fact, they will not beat any AFC team. They have to sell magazines right? It would be boring if everyone picked New England to win the superbowl except for their fans.
  4. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +479 / 5 / -1

It's Dr. Z who made these picks. He is the same guy who picked Miami to go to the Super Bowl last year. It is a curse to be a favorite by Dr. Z. I believe he is directly responsible for Nick Saban packing up shop and running back to the college ranks and Culpepper's knee not to heal quickly enough. :D
  5. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +479 / 5 / -1

By the way, what did Dr. Z get his doctorate in anyway? Sucking at playoff picks?
  6. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What a bunch of wishful thinking.
    So this "Doctor" thinks a norv turner coached team is going to beat Shannahan, Dungy AND BB in their house?:singing:

BTW Why would such a GREAT team be on the road twice in the playoffs?
    Such a great team but apparantly this guy thinks they will be the worse division winners in the AFC.:cool:
  7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

The good DR. lost his mind awhile ago I don't bother to read what he has to say. When I go to SI on CNN I don't even stop to look at what the title of his latest article is.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  8. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

You'd think San Diego is the '85 Bears the way some people are hyping them up.
  9. lander

lander Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You'd think the Patriots are the '85 Bears the way some people are hyping them up.
  10. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I don't see the big deal. I give these guys a rough go of it from time to time because they almost universally just "predict" what happened last year, but Z isn't that bad.

He may not be the best jounalist out there, but amongst writers on major sites he is probably the one who knows the most about the game.

BTW, I fought tooth and nail against the Miami pick last year, but at least he was willing to go out on a limb. My contention was that it was

a) the wrong limb
    b) not far enough out. Miami was the people's choice last year. When you pick an up and comer, you have to pick a team everyone else thinks is crap. That is why SF is going nowhere this year.
  11. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't get all the Saints love. Their offense was excellent last year but they only went 10-6 in an absolutely terrible conference. Anytime they played a decent AFC team they were beaten soundly. They're defense is sketchy to say the least. I know they're a great story, and the media loves offense (especially one loaded with tons of stars) but IMO the Saints have a lot to prove before they can be considered at the same level of the AFC's elite, let alone above them.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  12. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I wholeheartedly agree. They also won quite a few games by the skin of their teeth, even against some pretty poor competition. If anything, I get a 2002 Pats from them and I do expect a pull back.