PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Programming Note: Snow Game on ESPN2 right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
I realize it's blasphemous to promote the four letter network, but for those of you not watching the Bruins, the Snow Game is on right now (9-10:30 eastern time) on espn2.

No matter how many times I see it, I never get tired of watching that game. This is the one done by NFL Films as part of the NFL Greatest Games series.

Celtics game just ended... glad I caught this!

I realize it's blasphemous to promote the four letter network, but for those of you not watching the Bruins, the Snow Game is on right now (9-10:30 eastern time) on espn2.

No matter how many times I see it, I never get tired of watching that game. This is the one done by NFL Films as part of the NFL Greatest Games series.

Thank you!

Folkin A! B, C and D too!

Watched it tonight with my wife. That was a special year. My daughter had just gotten married and had made her MIT husband into a noveau football fan.

Leave it to the imbeciles at FESPN to put a Pats game opposite Celtics and Bruins playoff games.

No thanks, jerkweeds. I'll watch it on my DVD!

My favorite part about this is watching Lincoln Kennedy whine like a little girl at the end

My favorite part about this is watching Lincoln Kennedy whine like a little girl at the end
Actually he whines for 90 minutes. Next time I watch I may have to count the number of times he whines.

I guess I'll cross him off my list of people to ask for recommendations on experience in overcoming adversity.

I told my wife the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins all won today, then noticed the Snow Bowl was on ESPN2, and watched it from Brady's TD on. So, all four won today!

Actually he whines for 90 minutes. Next time I watch I may have to count the number of times he whines.

I guess I'll cross him off my list of people to ask for recommendations on experience in overcoming adversity.

FACTS...
The Tuck Rule was invoked MANY times in 2001, once even against the Pats as shown by espn2 in game 2 against the Jets

The Raiders had opportunities to stop the Pats from tying; they did not execute

The Raiders had a chance to win in the 4th QTR; they didn't

The allegedy bad Tuck Rule was kept by the NFL Rules Committee and is still the rule today, eight seasons following 2001

Last edited:
I know they interviewed a few Pats players and coaches, but it really seemed like the show was dominated by Raider players. Would like to have heard more from a Pats perspective. Although, I never get tired of watching that game, or the next two that year.:D

As I watched the game, I thought, we finished 11-5 that year and got a bye, and we finished with the same record this past year and got........

Best line of the whole thing goes to Matt Light. Paraphrasing:

"Yeah, Tom was real graceful. Well it only took him, what, 18 seconds to run 8 yards? You know, he had some shake and bake...", describing Brady's 4th quarter TD run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes