PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Programming Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but while we're waiting for Sunday's game to kickoff I thought I'd post a little programming alert.

Tonight at 8:00 (EST) on espn they are showing "Pony Exce$$". That's the documentary about the SMU football program from the 1980's that was given the death penalty by the NCAA for so many violations. Former Patriot Craig James and NFL Hall of Famer Eric ****erson were the running backs on that team. That SMU team was also part of one of the greatest college bowl games ever when they played BYU when Jim McMahon was their quarterback. James ran for 225 yards and McMahon threw for 446 yards and four touchdowns as BYU rallied from a 45-25 deficit with about four minutes to play, to win 46-45 on a last second McMahon touchdown pass.

Unfortunately this is the last of espn's '30 for 30' documentaries. It's too bad they couldn't keep this going and get rid of some of their other garbage, but as a business I suppose profit trumps quality every time.

Then at 9:00 (EST) tonight HBO will air "Lombardi", which from what I have read is supposed to be very well done. It's produced by HBO and NFL Films and follows Lombardi from childhood to days as an assistant coach through time with those great Packer teams to his death. They have Lombardi explaining the Packers' power sweep and plenty of interviews with former NFL people like Sonny Jurgensen, John Madden, Sam Huff, Bart Starr, etc.

For out of towners that don't get to watch or listen to local Boston area television and radio, check out the Pats team website. There's lots of video and audio on demand that you can watch or listen to at your convenience; just click on video archive or audio archive an choose what you want to see or hear. Then on Sunday you can also listen to 98.5's three hour pregame show here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back