Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
On Thursday from 4:30-5:30 P.M. the NFL Network will be airing "Path to Perfection", a documentary on our beloved Pats' 16-0 2007 season... without the Super Bowl. :D

I saw that. It needs a new name. The Path had a brick wall at the end.

I saw that. It needs a new name. The Path had a brick wall at the end.

I'd call it a hornet's nest personally but brick wall sounds good too.

On Thursday from 4:30-5:30 P.M. the NFL Network will be airing "Path to Perfection", a documentary on our beloved Pats' 16-0 2007 season... without the Super Bowl. :D

I recorded it and put it on a DVD when it first aired. I haven't dared to watch it since that Super Bowl that will not be named. Great program I will probably watch it when the Pats win another SB and only then.

Am I the only one who has started to look back on that season for the amazing season it was.

Don't get me wrong it hurt for a long time and still stings a little but there was just so much greatness that year that it is hard for me to just ignore it.

Am I the only one who has started to look back on that season for the amazing season it was.

Don't get me wrong it hurt for a long time and still stings a little but there was just so much greatness that year that it is hard for me to just ignore it.

I refuse to allow 5 minutes of disappointment to ruin my memories from 5 months of greatness.

Nope. Despite the horrible ending, I love every minute of that season.

cool thought I was the only one.

I watched it and loved it despite that all to painful loss in the Superbowl that I still cannot watch again. I have it on my DVR but don't know how to put it on DVD, anyone have any suggestions. Those 5 months were fantastic.

Cannot watch it. I'm just now getting over the bogus roughing the passer call on Sugarbear Hamilton.

Yes.

I still can't watch three road games before the Bears in XX. Yes, beating the Jets, Raiders, and Miami was great too. I don't think a sane person can ever watch that without thinking of 42.

I refuse to allow 5 minutes of disappointment to ruin my memories from 5 months of greatness.

I wish I could say the same. I cannot. Kudos to you and those who have the positive perspective!!!

Maybe spending the Monday after at Disneyworld with legions of Jints fans with SB caps (how'd they get them so soon??) distorts my experience.

Last edited:
I see there are several double plus good double thinkers here.:D

If you watch the postgame celebration, wiht guys like Richard Seymour shoouting "heart of a champion," you realize that that last game was their Super Bowl, the end of a long quest. No real surprise they could not sustain that energy over the next three games.

If you watch the postgame celebration, wiht guys like Richard Seymour shoouting "heart of a champion," you realize that that last game was their Super Bowl, the end of a long quest. No real surprise they could not sustain that energy over the next three games.

This...

Starting with the Colts game, you could see the expectations begin to wear on the team. They had a lot heaped upon them. There were things which brought this team together, like Anthony Smith's comments, and those helped to energize the team but like Mac said, after that Giants game, they were spent.

This...

Starting with the Colts game, you could see the expectations begin to wear on the team. They had a lot heaped upon them. There were things which brought this team together, like Anthony Smith's comments, and those helped to energize the team but like Mac said, after that Giants game, they were spent.

I disagree. Brady was near perfect in the Jacksonville playoff game, Junior and and the D played stellar in the red zone against a game charger team. We just took too damn long to adjust to the Giants blitz package, but still should have won the SB.

A little more youth and hunger, like the '09 team is bound to have, won't hurt any, I agree.

QB12

I disagree. Brady was near perfect in the Jacksonville playoff game, Junior and and the D played stellar in the red zone against a game charger team. We just took too damn long to adjust to the Giants blitz package, but still should have won the SB.

A little more youth and hunger, like the '09 team is bound to have, won't hurt any, I agree.

QB12

Not to get into this debate again and rehash some great (and some painful) memories, but the defense struggled in the first half against the Jags and Brady threw three picks against the Chargers. The night which shall not be mentioned, I agree. They took too long to adjust to what was a great design by the opponent. However, do you think some of that could have been related to the physical and mental fatigue of the "perfect" season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes