Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Program Alert

Sunday July 14 from 10:00 am to Noon ET on NFL Network
A Football Life: Bill Belichick, Parts I and II
- If you have never seen this before, do it now. And if you have seen it before, you may want to watch it again.

Sunday July 14 from Noon to 1:00 pm ET on NFL Network
Sound FX: Tom Brady and Tim Tebow
- On and off the field candid sound bites from the two Pats quarterbacks, primarily from the 2011 season.

Sunday July 14 from 6:00 to 7:00 pm ET on NFL Network
Top Ten Controversial Calls
- Calls made in games played by the Patriots come in at #2 and #7

Thursday July 18 from 8:00 to 9:30 pm ET on NFLN; repeats at midnight
NFL's Greatest Games: Oakland Raiders at New England Patriots, 1/19/02
- We know it as the Snow Bowl Game; fans of other teams refer to it as the Tuck Rule Game

Thursday July 18 from 9:30 to 10:00 pm ET on NFL Network
Team Highlights
- The 2001 New England Patriots
(repeats at 1:30 am)

Friday July 19 from 6:00 to 7:00 pm ET on NFL Network
Top Ten Things We Loved About The 2000s
- Patriots are represented multiple times; click here to see the list

I'm stealing your "Program Alert" for our board.

Thanks for the heads up.

I've watched BB's "A Football Life" several times, never gets old. I just wish it was a better season that year.

I've watched BB's "A Football Life" several times, never gets old. I just wish it was a better season that year.

I agree, it is unfortunate that the inside look was during the 2009 season. The amount of frustration that Belichick had with that club - even in the wins - was very insightful. After watching the program I wonder why I was ever surprised even in the slightest bit in the way the season ended; on the contrary, it is amazing that they actually made it as far as they did.

Looks like the world wide leader has a new football show. I don't expect it to be as good as NFL Matchup or NFL 2Night were, but anything is better than yet another superficial scripted faux debate show. It's called NFL Insiders and will be hosted by Suzy Kolber and primarily feature Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen; the show premiers August 5.

Unfortunately it replaces NFL32 - a decent X's and O's show in my opinion - but is only scheduled to air on weekdays from 3-4 pm ET. I liked being able to watch NFL32 after getting home from work; maybe the folks in Bristol just assume everybody today has a DVR, because that's about the only way the vast majority of people with jobs are going to be able to see it.

Unlike NFL32, this show sounds more like a breaking news and speculation show, meant to compete with PFT on NBC; there is zero mention of any X's and O's or film breakdown in the press release. It's too bad that the network couldn't find a way to leave at least one time slot open for that type of a show during the football season.

New Weekday Lineup on ESPN and ESPN2 Set for Football Season « ESPN MediaZone

ESPN's NFL Insiders to Debut in August with Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter « ESPN MediaZone

ESPN will debut NFL Insiders, a new one-hour weekday pro football-themed show, in time for the 2013 season. The year-round program will focus on the biggest NFL news stories and information each day, including front office decisions, coaching moves, trades, free agency, the NFL Draft, and more.

NFL Insiders will examine the league from the perspectives of people who make decisions and from those who are first to report the news. Scheduled to debut Monday, Aug. 5 – the day after the Pro Football Hall of Fame game – the new show will replace NFL32.

Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter, two of the most respected reporters in the NFL, will be featured prominently on NFL Insiders and will have an even greater platform for breaking league news. Fans will also gain an inside look into how teams operate from six-time NFL Executive of the Year Bill Polian, who has more than a quarter century of front office experience. Veteran host/anchor Suzy Kolber will host the show from ESPN’s Bristol, Conn., headquarters.

“There is nothing more stimulating for a reporter than when you know you’re about to tell somebody something they haven’t heard until that very moment,” said Mortensen. “This is the essence of what Adam and I and this great team of contributors will bring each day to NFL Insiders, and we’re excited to get started.”​

You're right. I went to the Pats/New Orleans game in NO. Miserable night in the Superdome, but great weekend in the Big Easy.

If anyone missed the episodes and wish to have a link sent, just PM me and I will do that...or you can also check youtube or some of the other sites like hulu etc that would carry such a thing.

:bump2:

On right now ....

Thursday July 18 from 8:00 to 9:30 pm ET on NFLN; repeats at midnight
NFL's Greatest Games: Oakland Raiders at New England Patriots, 1/19/02
- We know it as the Snow Bowl Game; fans of other teams refer to it as the Tuck Rule Game

Thursday July 18 from 9:30 to 10:00 pm ET on NFL Network
Team Highlights
- The 2001 New England Patriots
(repeats at 1:30 am)

oh ga gaa goony goo...I'm an insider....anyone who isn't is an outsider...nonny nonny nya nyah..

typical FESPN jagoff programming...I used to be an addict...haven't really given them much play at all, especially sitting down and watching segments, since 2007.

@RAIDERS: We've gotten over it, why haven't you? RT @nflnetwork: Patriots. Raiders. Tuck Rule. Right now.

@RAIDERS: Upon further review, nope, we're not over it. RT @nflnetwork: Patriots. Raiders. Tuck Rule. Right now.

Hehehehe :D

I know this does not apply to everyone, but if you have a sports package from your cable provider that includes the Big Ten Network, you may want to tune in right now. Until 10 am ET they are replaying the 2000 Orange Bowl.

Why would fans of the Patriots want to watch that? Well, spoiler alert...

... in the second half Alabama has a 14-point lead slip away to Michigan as Tom Brady throws four touchdowns and passes for 369 yards, leading Michigan to a 35-34 comeback victory.

I know this does not apply to everyone, but if you have a sports package from your cable provider that includes the Big Ten Network, you may want to tune in right now. Until 10 am ET they are replaying the 2000 Orange Bowl.

Watching this game may give some insight as to why Brady wasn't drafted higher.Other than David Terrell (Borges' binkie) his receivers had a lot of drops,at least in this game.....If this is indicative of the whole season, soemone looking at stats only would see a QB with numbers not as good as they should have been.... 34/46 389 is great but likely should have been better, through no fault of Brady...

Highly recommended.. the footage in Cleveland is priceless.

Tedy Bruschi on the radio right now.

Listening to 98.5 The Sports Hub on the CBS Local Media Player

Says his favorite play was not the famous Pick-6 in the snow against Miami, but his interception against Detroit for a TD in 2002.

Talking about how it all came together with players like Phifer, Pleasant, Vrabel, etc. that were not considered to be stars.

Talking about how it came to be that the Patriots all came out as a team for Super Bowl 36.

Last edited:
Tedy Bruschi on the radio right now.

Listening to 98.5 The Sports Hub on the CBS Local Media Player

Says his favorite play was not the Pick-6 in the snow against Miami, but his interception against Detroit.

Talking about how it all came together with players like Phifer, Pleasant, Vrabel, etc.

Talking about how it came to be that the Patriots all came out as a team for Super Bowl 36.

Thanks for the info.

Can't say I remember that plays. Must have been this game:

Lions give too charitably to Patriots

Bruschi's (27-yard) interception return for a TD -- his second score of the season -- made it 10-0. The seventh-year linebacker fooled Harrington by faking a blitz and dropping back into coverage to step in front of a short pass over the middle.

Sounds like just the type of play Bruschi would enjoy making.

... in the second half Alabama has a 14-point lead slip away to Michigan as Tom Brady throws four touchdowns and passes for 369 yards, leading Michigan to a 35-34 comeback victory.

And for those without the right package, there's this:

2000 Orange Bowl: Michigan vs Alabama - YouTube

For those with SiriusXM Radio, the Pats' Training Camp Show with Pat Kirwan from Sunday will be re-broadcast tonight (Monday) at 8:00 pm ET:

Hey, I just went to SiriusXM NFL Radio - 24/7 NFL News & Talk - SiriusXM Radioand found that SIRIUS NFL Radio will rebroadcast this New England Patriots Training Camp Show: Sunday @ 10pm EDT & Monday @ 8pm EDT. Perfect.
SIRIUS.jpg~original

I apologize in advance for taking this thread to a more painful topic, but NFLN rebroadcast the 2006 AFCCG back on 7/20. I recorded it because I wanted to take another look at some of the controversial calls in that game, like the "face-guarding" call against Hobbs and the no-call when a Colts DB tied up Caldwell in the endzone.

Here's the weird thing, neither of those plays were in this version of the broadcast. To be fair, they did show a partial replay of the no-call against Caldwell. They picked it up in the endzone, after a lot of the contact had occurred, with the ball sailing over the players heads and the narrator "...but New England would have to settle for a field goal." They never showed the whole play from start to finish. Also missing was the other big play involving Caldwell, when the Colts left him uncovered, it seemed to take forever for Brady to get the ball snapped, and Caldwell then dropped what would have been, at a minimum, a first down.

Just thought it was odd that some game changing plays were left out of the rebroadcast. I'd rather see the entire game, good or bad. If that means we hear a little less commentary from media members, coaches, or players, I can live with that.

Two opportunities for fans to watch the Pats-Eagles preseason game again (or for the first time in case you missed it) on the NFL Network next week:

NFL Network Schedule

"2013 Preseason Game" - New England Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Monday August 12 at 4:00 PM ET

Thursday August 15 at 1:00 PM ET

Plenty of other games are being replayed over the week as well. I just watched the Ravens-Bucs game, and the final score was not at all indicative of the play (especially by the starters). Tampa Bay's starters outplayed Baltimore but had to settle for field goals and led 6-0. Vincent Jackson had a real nice catch on a deep throw on the sideline that would have put the ball at the 5, but the play was challenged and overturned for stepping out of bounds. The Bucs picked Flacco on the first drive and should have had a three and out on the next series, but a rookie DE got over anxious and jumped offside.

Schiano has a lot of work to do with the Bucs special teams though. Baltimore scored one play after a muffed punt; they nearly ran a kickoff back for a TD; and they blocked a TB punt and recovered it for a TD - all in the 2nd quarter.

I'll be curious to see how the Pats special teams perform against them in next week's game.

Program Alert: Tom Brady Fox Sports 1 on 1 interview

Fox Sports 1 at 2:30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back