PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ProFW's "Audibles" Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This was always one of my favorite sections but until this year was just in the print version. Now they have their section with "The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on condition of anonymity." online.

This one is particularly fun to read :

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2007/audibles2214.htm

"“I can see the Patriots running the table right now, as locked in as (Bill) Belichick and those guys are, because their credibility has been challenged. The league (screwed) up. They woke up the bear. They should have left the (sucker) hibernate. The players feel like they are discredited. The coach feels like he has been. The experts are questioning whether they won all those games in the Super Bowl and whether they made some adjustments that they would not have been able to. Now they are going out to prove — it doesn’t matter, ‘We are a good football team.’ They should have let them sleep. (Belichick) don’t sleep much as it is. He is a surefire Hall of Fame coach, no doubt about it. If he sticks it out as long as I think he will, he could win seven or eight Super Bowls. He’ll coach a long time. It’s all he knows. As long as he could ride the tide with guys like (Tom) Brady, why wouldn’t he coach a long time?”"

I saw that too but thought that someone from this board wrote it... Can you imagine 7 or 8 Superbowls? Wow, 5ForBrady would have to change his name...

I saw that too but thought that someone from this board wrote it... Can you imagine 7 or 8 Superbowls? Wow, 5ForBrady would have to change his name...
LOL, that was going a little far as we "only" have 3 right now. Had we won it last year and then this year we'd be going for 5 then MAYBE but I have my eye on 5 by the time B&B are gone - not 7 or 8.

I. too, am glad that PFW's Audibles page has returned to its website. For me, these are the opinions which matter most: those from scouts, evaluators, personnel execs, and other coaches - and not just HCs.

LOL, that was going a little far as we "only" have 3 right now. Had we won it last year and then this year we'd be going for 5 then MAYBE but I have my eye on 5 by the time B&B are gone - not 7 or 8.

BB will win 6. This year, next year, and one last hurrah with Brady before calling it quits. That will make 1 more than the Packer dynasty, one more than the Cowboy franchise, one more than the Steeler franchise, one more than the 49er franchise.

Forgive me for saying this, but doesn't BB have a couple rings as a D coordinator. I think he has 5 total SB rings now. (3 as HC)
But really, I could see him coaching for 20 more years.
It's not all about Brady...IMO.
He has been a genius at finding and devolping late round talent.
Also players like winning. We do better than average signing FAs at a discount and talent wise.
As long as that persists he could win again.
Even after Brady...

Last edited:
Forgive me for saying this, but doesn't BB have a couple rings as a D coordinator. I think he has 5 total SB rings now. (3 as HC)
I don't think that's what they meant but if it is, that's 2 or 3 more - I'm good with that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back