PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ProFW: TBC reports to 49ers at 290 lbs [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFW: TBC reports to 49ers at 290 lbs

Don't forget that he's from the Bay Area. I'm sure being close to home has something to do with it.

That's a lot of Rice-a-Roni... maybe his tapeworm died?

may he's just big boned, and his bones got bigger:confused:

Well we don't know if they signd him to be an DE/OLB, or they wanted him to beef up and return to play DE in their 3-4. The 49ers already have a pair of good young 3-4 OLBs, but their Dline is suspect.

He can certainly rush the passer, at least at 250#; can he do so at 290 is the question?

He can certainly rush the passer, at least at 250#; can he do so at 290 is the question?

Not so much rush the passer as slowly hassle him.

Just found out the report was exaggerated. TBC is actually 280 Lbs right now, planning to be at 265 by training camp.:)

Not so much rush the passer as slowly hassle him.

Pfft! Hahaha.. Though the possibility does seem plausible he'll be more of a rush end than OLB. SF is constructing a potentially potent LB corps. Might be a concerted effort to purely bulk, then shave it during the summer.

Or.. Tubby Bubba-Cakes...

That's water weight. He'll sweat it off.:singing:

That's like a 20 lb weight gain at least. He'll need to work down that weight to be effective I'd think.

I wish there was a picture or two of this out there. I can't imagine Tully at 290.

I wish there was a picture or two of this out there. I can't imagine Tully at 290.

Here is one from training camp.
tully.jpg

Wow, looking at that, it is hard to imaging he ever played LB

Here is a picture of Tully from the niners OTA's on Tuesday. I think he's around 270 and played around 260-265. People sure like to grab onto the negative. Can hardly wait til the season gets here! I think ESPN got their weak facts from pfw or pft who are just writing stuff to get hits on their blogs, since they don't have anything better to talk about during this longer, than long offseason. Mean spirited rumors.

Though I'm now doomed to the terrible boards of the niner fans, I still enjoy coming over here to find out the latest and view some sensible discussions about the game. I guess the niner fans will get better as they learn what the 3-4 is about and get some decent wins under their belt in the new system. I usually lurk here because there are so many knowledgeabel posters. Don't care for the TBC bashing though.

Anyways...thought I'd post...
Go Pats....unless the Niners pull one off to meet you at the Big Game.
:p

http://www.49ers.com/photos/thumbs/lrg-799-tully.jpg

lrg-799-tully.jpg

Zip a.k.a. Randy and Mrs Bruschi a.k.a. Karen often had TBC's family at their super pre game tailgates. These past FOTYs put on a great reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes