Welcome to PatsFans.com

ProFootballWeekly: Pats could be sleepers for Woodson

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by R_T26, Mar 22, 2006.

1. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mike-Middletown, NJ: Do the Giants really have a realistic shot at Keyshawn Johnson?

Eric Edholm: (4:14 PM ET ) I talked to someone today who said the Giants are right in it with NE, Seattle, Carolina and one unknown team---and it's not one of the usual suspects.

rolando (oaktown): any news on Woodson? will he be a raider next year?

Eric Edholm: (4:28 PM ET ) It's been very quiet. With Carl Poston's troubles and very high contract demands for Woodson (and Ty Law), the market has been zilch. A sleeper team could be the Patriots, who thought they had Deshea Townshend signed and could use a CB. Remember, they were the team that wanted to trade up and draft Woodson to pair with Law. Of course, that was a different regime, but it's a fun connection.
  2. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Again , till it happens, not going to get excited....
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +247 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I think the media is just starting to realize that we have gobs of cap space and will sign some players. I expect a lot of "Patriots connections" to be discussed soon.
  4. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Woodson is injury prone which, given the health issues with the Pats secondary, means he outta fit right in :(

Personally, I'd rather have Ty back.
  5. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Woodson is overrated, had a great college career and a good first season. But has been inconsistent since then and he has missed 22 games since 2002 to injury. We don't need anymore injury prone DB's.
  6. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Pretty positive that your dead on from here on out. I think anyone who is still available will be labeled as a possible patriots signing.