PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ProFootballWeekly: Pats could be sleepers for Woodson

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Mike-Middletown, NJ: Do the Giants really have a realistic shot at Keyshawn Johnson?

Eric Edholm: (4:14 PM ET ) I talked to someone today who said the Giants are right in it with NE, Seattle, Carolina and one unknown team---and it's not one of the usual suspects.

rolando (oaktown): any news on Woodson? will he be a raider next year?

Eric Edholm: (4:28 PM ET ) It's been very quiet. With Carl Poston's troubles and very high contract demands for Woodson (and Ty Law), the market has been zilch. A sleeper team could be the Patriots, who thought they had Deshea Townshend signed and could use a CB. Remember, they were the team that wanted to trade up and draft Woodson to pair with Law. Of course, that was a different regime, but it's a fun connection.

Again , till it happens, not going to get excited....

I think the media is just starting to realize that we have gobs of cap space and will sign some players. I expect a lot of "Patriots connections" to be discussed soon.

Woodson is injury prone which, given the health issues with the Pats secondary, means he outta fit right in :(

Personally, I'd rather have Ty back.

Woodson is overrated, had a great college career and a good first season. But has been inconsistent since then and he has missed 22 games since 2002 to injury. We don't need anymore injury prone DB's.

BelichickFan said:
I think the media is just starting to realize that we have gobs of cap space and will sign some players. I expect a lot of "Patriots connections" to be discussed soon.
Pretty positive that your dead on from here on out. I think anyone who is still available will be labeled as a possible patriots signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down