PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ProFootballWeekly.com - Belichick not receiving much coaching resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed Bill's famous quote about that 2001 team. Can you believe we won with this team?? They certainly couldn't come close to replicating that performance in 2002, even with RAC and Charlie and that good old smashmouth mentality. In fact after the 2005 and 2006 teams couldn't replicate 2003 and 2004 Bill made a concerted effort to change the scheme on offense, probably in anticipation of having to transition his defense. It almost worked. Three years later he may be ready to change things up again or just fine tune them. He doesn't do things on a whim, Ray, even if us oldtimers can't always see or apprecaite the method in his madness.

I'm not criticizing efforts made, or discounting that BB and Brady are human. They had a lot of intangibles you can't realistically replace that were exhibited in their gritty come from behind wins.

We can't replicate those attributes, but it's fair to say you can learn from the past if you're realistic. This thread is about BB facing the fact he might be missing strong opinions on the coaching staff. That's him looking at the actual situation and maybe thinking about importing a strong coach. Maybe not.
But at least he is trying tosee what he could do better and facing the fact there are problems.

If you decide the years we lost, we really won, and the years we won, we really lost, it might be difficult to learn how to get back on track.

By winning, I mean winning the last game.

Mo. if you recall the beginning of the 2002 season, I think you'll find a lot of parallels to 2007 and not many to 2001.

The Jets and Pittsburgh games, in particular, Kansas City then...

Last edited:
The 2001 team has a 100% chance of winning a Superbowl.

The 2007 team has a 0% chance of winning a Superbowl.

That's much better.;)

Nevermind, I suppose if you happened to get lucky and hit a half court shot while Michael Jordan missed that you'd live the rest of your life believing you were a better shooter than him :rolleyes:

Nevermind, I suppose if you happened to get lucky and hit a half court shot while Michael Jordan missed that you'd live the rest of your life believing you were a better shooter than him :rolleyes:

I would be in that instance. If it was worth a million dollars, I'd have the million wouldn't I?

The Pats didn't get rid of Capers. He left on his own to join the Packers.

And that was some ferocious defense they played against the Cards. ;-)

Last edited:
I would be in that instance. If it was worth a million dollars, I'd have the million wouldn't I?

Yea but no one in the world would put a million dollars on you against Jordan. You wouldn't even make that bet. Just because you did it on ONE specific occasion does NOT mean you are likely to do it, nor does it mean that you possessed some special ability to do it that one occasion. Just happenstance.

I can see that you don't understand that the likely outcome doesn't always happen. The bottom line is you don't mold a team after the 2001 team because that team does not have a high chance of competing and winning the superbowl every year, regardless that they happened to do it that year. Then again I suppose you think things like Patten being KNOCKED OUT with the ball touching his leg is some sort of skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back