PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ProFootballWeekly.com - Belichick not receiving much coaching resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe McDaniels can do something in the next couple weeks to p--- off Bowlen.

What proof do you have that Pees is a "yes man"???

If BB felt Pees was so bad, don't you think he'd have taken away control of the defense the way he took it from Mangini?

As much as you might hate to rewatch the 2007 Super Bowl, Belichick left the sidelines while the game was going on at one point to jump in on Pees talking to the DBs, and Belichick was teaching on the sideline, while the offense was screwing up on the field. McDaniels was looking for BB because a big decision needed to be made, and he sent a boy running for BB. The cameras caught all this. It showed that BB is stretched way too thin, and either he's not delegating enough, or his coaches aren't capable enough.

As much as you might hate to rewatch the 2007 Super Bowl, Belichick left the sidelines while the game was going on at one point to jump in on Pees talking to the DBs, and Belichick was teaching on the sideline, while the offense was screwing up on the field. McDaniels was looking for BB because a big decision needed to be made, and he sent a boy running for BB. The cameras caught all this. It showed that BB is stretched way too thin, and either he's not delegating enough, or his coaches aren't capable enough (yet).

^^ Added one little detail I think fits perfectly here

He would, of course, be given a chance to earn that role. IMO, he probably wouldn't have too much else going for him. Unless the Dolphins are interested in bringing him in to take over for Pasqualoni (sp?), I think he would jump at the chance to work with BB. Besides, he would have a pretty big say in the defense as a whole, as well as working with the linebackers.

Maybe Asst. Head Coach/LBs?

It's been done before.

Tony Dungy is available as a DC

Funny, because I recall a 16-0 season being "dominated" by Pees and McDaniels, and I'm reasonably certain that McDaniels qualifies as home grown.

Is this the time to mention that losing season where we distorted our balanced offense so much it continued into the present losing season? You got a couple 50 point (or whatever, I don't pay attention to the marvelous pile ons you love so much) win margins this year, you should be happy.

Maybe we'll have less empty backfields, less focusing like a laser on two receivers, and more balance in run - pass and pounding the ball, like the days when we won the last game of the season.

Is this the time to mention that losing season where we distorted our balanced offense so much it continued into the present losing season? You got a couple 50 point (or whatever, I don't pay attention to the marvelous pile ons you love so much) win margins this year, you should be happy.

Maybe we'll have less empty backfields, less focusing like a laser on two receivers, and more balance in run - pass and pounding the ball, like the days when we won the last game of the season.

Ok, the fact that you're calling an 18-1 season a "losing season" just shows how irrational you've become. Get back to me when your sanity returns.

Ok, the fact that you're calling an 18-1 season a "losing season" just shows how irrational you've become. Get back to me when your sanity returns.

Show me the pile it on trophy. You'll have to make it yourself, the league doesn't have one.

Just take the bowler off the top and replace it with a statue of Brady throwing to Moss for a touchdown in the fourth quarter of a 50 point win.

Show me the pile it on trophy. You'll have to make it yourself, the league doesn't have one.

Just take the bowler off the top and replace it with a statue of Brady throwing to Moss for a touchdown in the fourth quarter of a 50 point win.

Again, get back to me when your sanity returns. Right now, you're just being ridiculous.

Oh, by the way.... the last 3 Super Bowl winners:

2008: 506 passes, 460 rushes, for a .523 percentage
2007: 544 passes, 469 rushes, for a .537 percentage
2006: 557 passes, 439 rushes, for a .559 percentage

The 2007 Patriots?
586 passes, 451 rushes, for a .565 percentage

But you keep acting as if was all about the passing percentage. In the meantime, I'll deal with sane posters.

Last edited:
Again, get back to me when your sanity returns. Right now, you're just being ridiculous.

Oh, by the way.... the last 3 Super Bowl winners:

2008: 506 passes, 460 rushes, for a .523 percentage
2007: 544 passes, 469 rushes, for a .537 percentage
2006: 557 passes, 439 rushes, for a .559 percentage

The 2007 Patriots?
586 passes, 451 rushes, for a .565 percentage

But you keep acting as if was all about the passing percentage. In the meantime, I'll deal with sane posters.

!st prize Lombardi, 2nd prize, set of steak knives, 3rd prize, you're fired.

YouTube - Glengarry Glen Ross speech Alec Baldwin

The biggest addition will be a true OC. If John Fox resigns, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff Davidson let go and come back to the Pats.

Other than that, the Pats need someone who has a solid track record and whom Brady will respect immediately. Someone who is willing to tell Brady to CTS with the audibles when they aren't working..

Other than that, maybe a more proven LBer coach who can teach the 3-4 accordingly...

Davidson left in a huff after Bill passed over him, even though he had a lot more experience, for one Josh McDaniels. If I recall he wouldn't even give Jeff the QB coach position. So he joined RAC in Cleveland as his asst. OL coach and then Assistant HC and then OC. How'd that work out... Then it was on to Carolina. No thanks.

Assuming you could replicate the teams exactly, the 2007 New England Patriots have a better chance of winning the superbowl, every single year than the 2001 Patriots. Just because the 2001 Patriots won it all, does not mean they were built to win it or had some magical powers. They had many things go their way, and played better than the Rams on the day that the superbowl was played.

It doesn't matter how you want to spin it, but the fact that we didn't win in 2007 proves absolutely nothing except that they screwed up in various places on that day.

As much as you might hate to rewatch the 2007 Super Bowl, Belichick left the sidelines while the game was going on at one point to jump in on Pees talking to the DBs, and Belichick was teaching on the sideline, while the offense was screwing up on the field. McDaniels was looking for BB because a big decision needed to be made, and he sent a boy running for BB. The cameras caught all this. It showed that BB is stretched way too thin, and either he's not delegating enough, or his coaches aren't capable enough.

If you watch some of the 3GTG videos you might notice he did that even when RAC was here...although not the part where the OC is sending boys running for BB. Although he also interjected himself in the offense. Always in the huddle when the QB and OC met on the sidelines. Once he adjusted one of Charlie's brilliant playcalls that had resulted in an INC and had him run it again with a wrinkle that resulting in our only offensive TD of SB XXXVI. Bill has always been involved as a coach. He's neither an emotional cheerleader nor a dumbfounded statue like some of his peers. He observes everything and interjects himself into the mix whenever he feels the need to.

On offense they simply didn't have the right talent to run a scheme Bill decided on before Bill O'Brien even landed here. And they no longer have the talent right to run the scheme they used to run when Charlie was here. On defense they are in transition from players too old and slow to execute consistently to players too young and inexperienced to execute consistently. There is a distinct possibility there will be changes made in the offseason, but the coaches are less likely to be changed than personnel or schemes.

I would be surprised if BB replaced either of them. He may add another assistant, but i doubt he'll replace the OC, or DC. What he will do is work on some things with the OC during the offseason.

Assuming you could replicate the teams exactly, the 2007 New England Patriots have a better chance of winning the superbowl, every single year than the 2001 Patriots. Just because the 2001 Patriots won it all, does not mean they were built to win it or had some magical powers. They had many things go their way, and played better than the Rams on the day that the superbowl was played.

Ha ha. Be careful when you go back in your time machine. Sherman and Peabody were very careful not to change history.

Speaking of changing history, the style of play and attitude of the 2001 team led to two more Super Bowls in fairly rapid succession.

What did our 2007 style lead to?

Reality is a tough thing, as much as you'd like to deny it, or change it

Ha ha. Be careful when you go back in your time machine. Sherman and Peabody were very careful not to change history.

Speaking of changing history, the style of play and attitude of the 2001 team led to two more Super Bowls in fairly rapid succession.

What did our 2007 style lead to?

Reality is a tough thing, as much as you'd like to deny it, or change it

If you think the 2001 team has a better chance of winning a superbowl than the 2007 team than you are just delusional. The 2004 team was not a replica of the 2001 team. And the 03-04 teams had a pretty damn good defense.

The reality is you attribute the WRONG reasons based on hindsight and emotions to winning superbowls. I'm fairly certain that BB knows more about winning the superbowl than do you.

Learn a little about probability and statistics, and then understand that the end result doesn't make the probability of that event 1.0. Be grateful for what those teams accomplished but quit trying to attach some magical mystique as to the reason they won. The 2007 offense accompanied with the 2003 defense could probably go undefeated 2 seasons in a row!

Originally Posted by upstater1
As much as you might hate to rewatch the 2007 Super Bowl, Belichick left the sidelines while the game was going on at one point to jump in on Pees talking to the DBs, and Belichick was teaching on the sideline, while the offense was screwing up on the field. McDaniels was looking for BB because a big decision needed to be made, and he sent a boy running for BB. The cameras caught all this. It showed that BB is stretched way too thin, and either he's not delegating enough, or his coaches aren't capable enough (yet).

^^ Added one little detail I think fits perfectly here

That's just it.. everyone wants to cut Bill O'Brien down after only one year. The guy needs time and experience. This is a rebuilding year anyway.

Last edited:
If you think the 2001 team has a better chance of winning a superbowl than the 2007 team than you are just delusional. The 2004 team was not a replica of the 2001 team. And the 03-04 teams had a pretty damn good defense.

The reality is you attribute the WRONG reasons based on hindsight and emotions to winning superbowls. I'm fairly certain that BB knows more about winning the superbowl than do you.

Learn a little about probability and statistics, and then understand that the end result doesn't make the probability of that event 1.0. Be grateful for what those teams accomplished but quit trying to attach some magical mystique as to the reason they won. The 2007 offense accompanied with the 2003 defense could probably go undefeated 2 seasons in a row!

The 2001 team has a 100% chance of winning a Superbowl.

The 2007 team has a 0% chance of winning a Superbowl.

That's much better.;)

The 2001 team has a 100% chance of winning a Superbowl.

The 2007 team has a 0% chance of winning a Superbowl.

That's much better.;)

You must have missed Bill's famous quote about that 2001 team. Can you believe we won with this team?? They certainly couldn't come close to replicating that performance in 2002, even with RAC and Charlie and that good old smashmouth mentality. In fact after the 2005 and 2006 teams couldn't replicate 2003 and 2004 Bill made a concerted effort to change the scheme on offense, probably in anticipation of having to transition his defense. It almost worked. Three years later he may be ready to change things up again or just fine tune them. He doesn't do things on a whim, Ray, even if us oldtimers can't always see or apprecaite the method in his madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back