PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ProFootballWeekly: Chad Jackson ready to deliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers052408.htm

Word out of Boston is that injury-cursed WR Chad Jackson appears poised to finally make good on the promise he held as one of the top WR prospects in the 2006 draft class. With the possible exception of Kelley Washington, no Patriots wideout passes the eyeball test as well as Jackson. If he can maintain his health, there’s talk that he’ll supplant Jabar Gaffney as the No. 3 option in the WR corps.

One could only hope...

if he stays healthy why not, the sky is the limit for the guy and i wish him all the best since it helps the pats to :D

Well, this is the definite make-or-break. I wish him luck... even if part of me likes to see Gaffney persistently making good despite the "journeyman" level he's assumed capable of. He always comes up big in the big games, and he always surprises you by being better than the "glitz" option, eg., stallworth.

But yeah, it would be great if Jackson becomes a surprise "HOLY SH**!!!" option, and one day becomes to Moss what Moss was to Carter, and what Wayne was to Harrison - the next great thing.

Wouldn't bet the farm on it though ;)

I get nervous when a player gets hyped ... the injury curse rears it's ugly head.

Yeah worst case scenario, we keep Chad because he has a 1000 yard season, and let Gaffney go... then he gets injured 4 times in the next 3 years. But hey... pay your money, take your choice, at that point.

Glad PFW reports what everyone else is. They continue to sling **** and see if it sticks.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers052408.htm

Word out of Boston is that injury-cursed WR Chad Jackson appears poised to finally make good on the promise he held as one of the top WR prospects in the 2006 draft class. With the possible exception of Kelley Washington, no Patriots wideout passes the eyeball test as well as Jackson. If he can maintain his health, there’s talk that he’ll supplant Jabar Gaffney as the No. 3 option in the WR corps.

One could only hope...

Sorry, I need to see some production on the field before I buy any "Jackson appears poised..." hype. Come to think of it, could there be anymore meaningless phrase than "appears poised"?

My boy Chad Jackson is the best at the "eyeball" test. Anybody know what that is? I'm guessing he can locate the ball quickly and has good hands?

I know your kidding archives but in case your not it just means he looks the part of a stud NFL receiver just by his built.

I hope they are right, but passing camp isn't a great judge of anything.

True it's usually not a huge decision maker of a said players progress.
Although it's encouraging to hear he hasn't lost his speed and still seems to have his soft hands, and better understanding of running routes.
Hell if he's shadowing Randys movements and can perform to have his abilities he will far outshine the likes of Greg Jennings who was the receiver we passed up on to take Chad who we all know ended up going to Green bay with one of our picks we sent over.
It still beats the hell out of the kid can't catch he looks lazy he laughs when coaches yell at him he won't talk to any players on the team including Randy Moss.
Or how about it's good he's there and is actually trying to better himself at a non mandatory passing camp.
With his injury history I'm just glad he's not Vince Young because he would of retired with the first injury.:rolleyes:

Also a good point. And let it be known, I loved that glandular freak. Other than a key drop or two of course...

Chad jackson and Kelly washington are going to be battling for the 4th spot.if so the article mentions that with the exception of kelly so i think this article actually throws some light on kelly`s chance of being successfull.He is the same size as chad jackson and lined up as tight end last year. He will make a awesome 4th WR as he give you spl team , WR and receiving TE formations.

With jabbar having a 1 yr contract i can see him moving on and if chad / rookie manning the 4th spot when kelly moves.

Last edited:
Chad jackson and Kelly washington are going to be battling for the 4th spot.if so the article mentions that with the exception of kelly so i think this article actually throws some light on kelly`s chance of being successfull.He is the same size as chad jackson and lined up as tight end last year. He will make a awesome 4th WR as he give you spl team , WR and receiving TE formations.

With jabbar having a 1 yr contract i can see him moving on and if chad / rookie manning the 4th spot when kelly moves.

They'll be battling for the fourth option. If Jackson cracks the starting line-up, he'll be lining up on the other side of Moss with Welker, Gaffney, and Washington in the slots.

Very encouraging to hear a lot of good Chad Jackson news. I've always been high on the kid and have been disappointed in years past with injuries. Hopefully this is the year he turns it on.

If he does not do anything this year then this thread should be dug back up in a year and add to the title....

Chad Jackson ready to deliver IN 30 MINUTES OR LESS...DOMINO'S PIZZA

My boy Chad Jackson is the best at the "eyeball" test. Anybody know what that is? I'm guessing he can locate the ball quickly and has good hands?

are u being serious?

if so, it means that Chad looks most like a prototypicalo NFL reciever, tall, mascular and big....

randy aint mascular, welker isnt tall, and gaffney is small...

Chad Jackson has got the tools to be a prototypical NFL receiver. Hands, speed, quickness, size, etc. 3rd year is usually the breakout year for receivers, so let's hope this is the year he finally cashes in on the promise that the Pats saw when they moved up to take him in the 2nd round of the 2006 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down