PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Profootball Weekly: Pats 2nd least likely to be affected by the lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
PFW has the Pats second least likely to be negatively affected by the lockout after Green Bay. Here is what they wrote:

2. New England Patriots — The team with the best record in 2010 not only is expected to return all its key starters, but also will get some defensive players back that missed all of last season. DE Ty Warren and CB Leigh Bodden will return to improve a unit that used opportunistic play to make up for a poor passing "D." The only thing hanging in the balance is the future of OLT Matt Light and OLG Logan Mankins. If they are re-signed, there will be essentially no turnover on the field. Bill Belichick systematically drafted mostly developmental prospects and won't have to worry about rushing rookies into learning the team's complex playbook to get on the field early.

ProFootballWeekly.com - Not every team faces the same lockout challenges

So the reigning Superbowl champions (Packers), the AFC Champion (Steelers), and the New England Patriots who share the highest odds at winning the superbowl and had the best record last season are the least affected by the lockout...and the rich get richer.

The Steelers are reportedly 10m over the cap though. They are going to have some tough cuts to make. So they might even take a step back this year.

The Steelers are reportedly 10m over the cap though. They are going to have some tough cuts to make. So they might even take a step back this year.

How the heck did that happen? Is it all from Big Ben's contract? I guess James Harrison and Troy P. too. I thought they were more conservative than that.

How will the Pats do in this condensed preseason..

Always thought of BB and his crew as very methodical and calculating. This abbreviated preseason, does not seem to afford the usual methods, so decisions will have to be made quicker and efficiently.

Confident that he and his management team have hunkered down and planned for all of the possible contingencies, and we probably in better shape than most organizations..

My main concern is that due to teams having to spend to 99% of the salary cap(or 90%), will salaries for mid-range or "bridge" players will be inflated. Matt Light comes to mind...

The whole FA system has changed, BJGE comes to mind..

I gazed into my crystal ball, and do not come up with an answer.. whaddayathink??

Re: How will the Pats do in this condensed preseason..

Our 1st preseason game August 11... seems like our Training Camp will be short:mad:

I hope we play our useless scrimmage games at 50-75% effort; they mean **** and training camp is short. Focus more on training half a ss pre-season games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye