PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Probably the 1000th time this has been posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
.....but I laugh my ass off every time I read it................!!!!

On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.

- Ron Borges, MSNBC after 2001 Draft.

But it is still a laugher...and to me makes Borges even more irrelevant!!! Wish there was a web site that listed all his poor words..would be good for many laughs!!

Pats726 said:
But it is still a laugher...and to me makes Borges even more irrelevant!!! Wish there was a web site that listed all his poor words..would be good for many laughs!!

Wasn't somebody here building a website like that?

Willie55 said:

Yeah but my web development skills suck and I just didn't have much time to devote to it.

Willie55 said:
why dont we just start a thread of all borges and even other media idiot quotes and then mail it to them :) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Slagathor said:
On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.

Thank you! 1,000 times over...lol

Slagathor said:

Anyway we could Sticky the entire paragraph so it is the first thing you see when you log onto the message board.

Freaking first rate.

Slagathor said:

This quote is like a fine wine. It only gets better with age especially now that Koren Robinson may be suspended for the season and David Terrell is ...does anyone know where David Terrell is?

Last edited:
He is trying to make the roster in Denver

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is one more to keep this thread going -:)

"Could it be that future generations of Patriots fans will be telling their grandchildren about their team winning their lone Super Bowl back in 2001, only to banish their best player to a divisional rival less than two years later, thus initiating Milloy's Curse? - George Kimball, Boston Herald, 9/11/03"

Can we also post his letting Bledsoe go was a mistake comments?

deeds said:
Can we also post his letting Bledsoe go was a mistake comments?
Heres a little snippet from the link I just posted...

So, lets get this straight: Borges admired the intelligence of Patriots fans back when they supported the team through its lean years and rooted for players like Drew Bledsoe, who many believe was Borges� inside source during the quarterback's years in New England.

But once Bledsoe was traded and Brady ascended to become one of the premier sports icons in the nation, those same football fans suddenly became idiots� and drunks�

Slagathor said:

Possibly the greatest and most ill-said quote in NFL draft history. If any 'new' fan wants to know about Borges, this quote perfectly sums up his complete incompetency.

one more borges-

"Belichick will not be so lucky. He doesn't have (Jimmy) Johnson's personality, which can be as jovial and charming as a snake oil salesman's. Worse, this Patriot team isn't going to win two Super Bowls any time soon... - Ron Borges, Boston Globe, 11/22/01"

SVN said:
one more borges-

"Belichick will not be so lucky. He doesn't have (Jimmy) Johnson's personality, which can be as jovial and charming as a snake oil salesman's. Worse, this Patriot team isn't going to win two Super Bowls any time soon... - Ron Borges, Boston Globe, 11/22/01"

If someone could dig up the 2001 SB prediction with the 77-0 Rams blowout, that would top off the thread pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back