PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Tip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorPrime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
If a poster on this forum calls for a player to be traded in response to a loss you can just ignore them from then on. Makes things a lot easier.

People are seriously calling for Welker to be traded now? Really?

Yeah that's dumb.

It should be Welker/BB for a couple of 4th rounders, now that makes sense.

If a poster on this forum calls for a player to be traded in response to a loss you can just ignore them from then on. Makes things a lot easier.

People are seriously calling for Welker to be traded now? Really?

I don't think anyone seriously wants Welker to be traded. Why would they?

I don't think anyone seriously wants Welker to be traded. Why would they?

Cause we lost and heads must roll :rolleyes:

Because the pats would be better off if they could pull a Welker plus high pick for Fitzgerald/cj deal

Because the pats would be better off if they could pull a Welker plus high pick for Fitzgerald/cj deal

why so then they have no real underneath threat and htey can just lock down anything deep. it seems a lot of you learn football from the madden series

Welker is a huge part of our offense and he is the perfect WR for Brady. He's going nowhere. He also just came off a huge injury and had a great season regardless.

Last edited:
Already switched into Sawx mode!

Excited for the draft thought, as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has a right to their opinion. Trading Welker isn't crazy. Moss, Seymour, Maroney??
Edelman is a good player.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Trading Welker isn't crazy. Moss, Seymour, Maroney??
Edelman is a good player.

Ideas can be well-reasoned but still suck.

Ideas can be well-reasoned but still suck.

If it sucks then it isn't well reasoned. Welker isn't as great as he can be without a deep threat. How do you get a proven deep threat? Can Edelman replace Welker? Do we have other holes we need to fill with out picks?

Do we have other holes we need to fill with out picks?
The New England Patriots have plenty of draft picks in 2011 without the need of trading away any players whatsoever.

I actually would consider it. He's not the best fit for a 2 TE offense. Edelman is a better player once the ball is in his hands. The team lacks a deep threat, but lacks room to fit another WR on the roster. Trade Welker, get a mid 2nd or something (Chiefs?), draft a 4.3 guy.

I actually would consider it. He's not the best fit for a 2 TE offense. Edelman is a better player once the ball is in his hands. The team lacks a deep threat, but lacks room to fit another WR on the roster. Trade Welker, get a mid 2nd or something (Chiefs?), draft a 4.3 guy.

I'm with you. I would trade for a proven guy though. I would even over pay with draft picks.

And that's the biggest rub: Welker, as much of an "off" year as this was, still has significantly better hands than Edelman, who's still making the conversion from QB to WR.

And that's the biggest rub: Welker, as much of an "off" year as this was, still has significantly better hands than Edelman, who's still making the conversion from QB to WR.

Better hands and route running but Edelman would get there with reps and practice. Edelmans hands are good enough though.

Edelman has basically blamed his hands on the fact that he can't get into a rhythm because he's in and out of the game so much. Makes ya wonder what he could do with constant reps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back