PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Weekly Rumor: Galloway to be cut if Tate is activated in a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Profootball Weekly Rumor: Galloway to be cut if Tate is activated in a few weeks

Mark my words: Tate will never dress as a patriot .

Oh man, that's wants to be a sig quote soooooooo bad... :cool:

Re: Profootball Weekly Rumor: Galloway to be cut if Tate is activated in a few weeks

On WEEI BB said that Aiken was the 4th receiver, I dont see Galloway dressing any other games this year.

I don't know what the Galloway issue(s) is(are), but the Patriots sure as hell could have used him against the Broncos.

For him to be healthy and not make the trip does not bode well for his future in NE in 2009

If you want a WR to synch with Brady you keep him on the field more often to get it done not to suspend him for a few games,this usually indicates hes a goner.

From Profootball Weekly's Whispers section:

ProFootballWeekly.com - Ayanbadejo's injury hurts Ravens in two areas

Not much of a surprise. I think Galloway may only be on the roster because of cap reasons and insurance for depth at WR. Tate replacing Galloway at this point isn't much of a stretch since at least Tate can contribute immediately on special teams.
I attended the Atlanta game. Galloway caught one pass in the end zone
with his foot out of bounds, dropped a red zone pass to kill a drive, and
caught a short pass. What do the first two things have to do with not
knowing the system?

Last edited:
Remember, if the Pats wait until after the trade deadline to cut Galloway, he then has to go through waivers before he becomes a free agent again. I wouldn't be surprised if someone picks him up before the JEST.

I don't know what the Galloway issue(s) is(are), but the Patriots sure as hell could have used him against the Broncos.

Yep. They were sorely in need of a second vertical threat and didn't have it. Galloway got too much hate at the beginning of the season from the Kneejerks. As has been shown the past couple of weeks, the communication/timing problems weren't all on Galloway. He just got thrown under the bus for it.

That said, if Tate can come in and make defenses pay for doubling Moss and focusing their attention on Welker too much, this offense could be dangerous. That is if Tate is fully healthy again and he plays like the kid that I watched at UNC...

Yep. They were sorely in need of a second vertical threat and didn't have it. Galloway got too much hate at the beginning of the season from the Kneejerks. As has been shown the past couple of weeks, the communication/timing problems weren't all on Galloway. He just got thrown under the bus for it.

That said, if Tate can come in and make defenses pay for doubling Moss and focusing their attention on Welker too much, this offense could be dangerous. That is if Tate is fully healthy again and he plays like the kid that I watched at UNC...

If this offense is based upon intelligent players who can make all sorts of adjustments, it should be able to handle one player running specific routes. If Galloway is having trouble making all the adjustments, the team should be drawing up plays which take that responsibility away. Galloway can run a post, for example, while the other receivers still run the 'read and react' style of offense.

Last edited:
If this offense is based upon intelligent player who can make all sorts of adjustments, it should be able to handle one player running specific routes. If Galloway is having trouble making all the adjustments, the team should be drawing up plays which take that responsibility away. Galloway can run a post, for example, while the other receivers still run the 'read and react' style of offense.

That goes on the coaching staff, particularly on the offensive side of the ball which hasn't exactly been stellar this season. I'm not one to believe that it's the in-route adjustments that are killing Galloway. What I believe is killing him is the fact that he's not playing with a Brady after a career of playing with Jeff Garcias and Bruce Gradkowskis. There were a couple of plays earlier in the year when Galloway was clearly suprised with the velocity of the ball which was coming at him. If they get their timing worked out, and that means spending extra time together after practice working on it until it's perfected, then Galloway should be able to make an impact on this team... assuming that he's allowed that chance again.

If this offense is based upon intelligent players who can make all sorts of adjustments, it should be able to handle one player running specific routes. If Galloway is having trouble making all the adjustments, the team should be drawing up plays which take that responsibility away. Galloway can run a post, for example, while the other receivers still run the 'read and react' style of offense.

I thought this is exactly why Donte Stallworth was around a couple years ago.

So it's the fault of messageboard critics that Galloway has struggled on offense and doesn't seem to be on the same page as Brady? It's the 'hate' he's getting on some fan message board that is causing him to play so poorly he recently go benched? :confused: I think we're shifting way too much blame on people who have zero control over how well or badly Galloway plays on Sundays.

I thought that Edelman looked good on both returns and in the passing game. He's not on the level of Wes Welker yet, but he makes some catches out there on Sunday. Too bad he's not a deep threat, but you gotta work with what you have.

Tate is such an unknown factor. He's missed a lot of the season due to injury. To expect him to contribute much is a bit too optimistic for the rookie. I'd be happy if he could contribute on ST, but if Edleman continues to do a good job returning kicks, BB might decide to stick with him. I mean it took the 5th week of the season before BB trusted Eddie enough to let him field kicks, how long will it take for BB to put trust in Tate?

So it's the fault of messageboard critics that Galloway has struggled on offense and doesn't seem to be on the same page as Brady? It's the 'hate' he's getting on some fan message board that is causing him to play so poorly he recently go benched? :confused: I think we're shifting way too much blame on people who have zero control over how well or badly Galloway plays on Sundays.

Selective reading much? ;) I just said that I think Galloway got too much hate for the bad timing between him and Brady as it's half Brady's fault as well.

it looked like brady kinda got mad at him for droping ball's

and then galloway never played again sunday maroney missed a block and brady got mad at him and he never came back in the game

brady got mad at Edelman for not geting that one more yerd for the first down and then he nver throw the ball to him any more

maybe the old ball and chain is geting to brady lol all joke's a side

i never liked the signing of galloway i dont know why the pats are so in love with the old player's for what where they looking to get out of a 37 year old WR ?

this is why the pats went from a great team to a good team

to many over the hill FA and to many draft picks that dont make the team

Why is it Manning can put rookie wr's to good use, but our system 'is sooo complex'?
Maybe it's time to tweak the system?

Yes, cause Julien Edelman has 32 years and 10 years pro .

Selective reading much? ;) I just said that I think Galloway got too much hate for the bad timing between him and Brady as it's half Brady's fault as well.

So it's Brady's fault when Galloway muffs some easy catches? When a guy drops the ball, it's only natural for the QB to lose confidence in him. So first we shift blame to message board critics, now it's Brady's fault cos he's a lousy QB? OK. When did you get hired to be Galloway's publicist? :p

Mark my words: Tate will never dress as a patriot .

Mark MY words. You know not of what you speak.

So it's Brady's fault when Galloway muffs some easy catches? When a guy drops the ball, it's only natural for the QB to lose confidence in him. So first we shift blame to message board critics, now it's Brady's fault cos he's a lousy QB? OK. When did you get hired to be Galloway's publicist? :p

My point is that the timing is off. The fact that some passes bounced of Galloway's hands is on Galloway. However, there have been more than a few times when Galloway has been widely overthrown. The Jets game comes immediately to mind when Galloway was streaking down the field for a sure-fire TD and was completely overthrown by Brady. The problems are on both sides and I'm sure Brady would be the first to tell you that if you asked him (kind of like when asked about the timing issues this past weekend).

Nunn looked awfully good making one handed catches in the

preseason.

Nunn reminds me alot of Bam Childress, someone who always looked awesome in preseason and never got a shot.

Nunn reminds me alot of Bam Childress, someone who always looked awesome in preseason and never got a shot.

BJGE looked awesome in the preseason too.

it looked like brady kinda got mad at him for droping ball's

and then galloway never played again sunday maroney missed a block and brady got mad at him and he never came back in the game

brady got mad at Edelman for not geting that one more yerd for the first down and then he nver throw the ball to him any more

maybe the old ball and chain is geting to brady lol all joke's a side

i never liked the signing of galloway i dont know why the pats are so in love with the old player's for what where they looking to get out of a 37 year old WR ?

this is why the pats went from a great team to a good team

to many over the hill FA and to many draft picks that dont make the team
Your last sentence is what scares the hell out of me. With the
exception of the 2005 draft, the Pat's 2004 thru 2008 drafts were
not very productive. I hope they reversed the trend in 2009.
Nothing destroys a team faster than several bad drafts in a row

Your last sentence is what scares the hell out of me. With the
exception of the 2005 draft, the Pat's 2004 thru 2008 drafts were
not very productive. I hope they reversed the trend in 2009.
Nothing destroys a team faster than several bad drafts in a row
It's downright scary to look at the lists. The guys who made the team this year had better be legit players and we'd better use our 1,2,2,2 in 2010 and 1,1,2 in 2011 well or this won't be sustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back