Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pro Football Weekly Rumor: Galloway to be cut if Tate is activated in a few weeks

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0

From Profootball Weekly's Whispers section:

ProFootballWeekly.com - Ayanbadejo's injury hurts Ravens in two areas

Not much of a surprise. I think Galloway may only be on the roster because of cap reasons and insurance for depth at WR. Tate replacing Galloway at this point isn't much of a stretch since at least Tate can contribute immediately on special teams.
  2. vyrago

vyrago Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Re: Profootball Weekly Rumor: Galloway to be cut if Tate is activated in a few weeks

I hope he's not worried about feeding his family, he'll have a job with the Jets pronto.

I like the idea of a wr who couldn't pick up the Patriots' offense feeding info to the Jets.
  3. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Re: Profootball Weekly Rumor: Galloway to be cut if Tate is activated in a few weeks

Haha, I forgot about Tate. A supposed steal in the draft who people from NC says he is better then Nicks.

You never know?
  4. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Galloway may still be fast but the other aspects of his game are gone by the wayside,I don't think its just because he can't make it with this offense,I think this 10,000+ yard receiver has bald tires and can't handle the tough and bumpy roads anymore no matter which team he would end up with,He is not even a 4th depth receiver at this stage in his career.

Time to go young..time to go with the Tater kid
  5. Simkin

Simkin Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mark my words: Tate will never dress as a patriot .
  6. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

When is he eligible to get off PUP, how many more weeks?

I can't see Tate coming in doing things Galloway cannot do.
  7. notex

notex Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought Tate was to be activated after this week?

Just watched him on youtube ( I know , I know). He could be a real weapon for TB and the offense
  8. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Shocked if the Jets don't sign him upon his release.
  9. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Tate may begin practicing starting after Week 6, or Monday October 19 (a week from today). The team has three weeks to start practicing him. Once they start practicing him they have another three weeks to activate him.

It's possible the Pats may both start practicing and activate Tate in time for their Week 7 game against the Bucs - Sunday October 25.
  10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Unless you have a reason other than the old "he failed a drug test he knew was coming" then this gets the award for the worst post of the year.

(and the Patriots knew he failed a drug test he knew was coming before they drafted him so that argument fails).
  11. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Question is would Tate make a better receiver as a #5 behind Edelman and Aiken who looks to have a stranglehold on #3 and #4? or is Nunn a better solution?
  12. Jimke

Jimke Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Tate will contribute immediately on special teams but does not

know the offense well enough to fit into the wide receiver mix.

It would still leave the Patriots missing a legitimate #3 receiver.
  13. Raymond

Raymond Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

If Galloway does not get another shot, I'll have to assume he was horrible in practice too.
  14. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Edelman could be a decent #3 with a little more experience but he seems to be more of a slot guy like Welker.

We do need a downtown threat on the other side of Moss- I was hoping Matt Jones was going to be picked up in FA this year,We passed on him :mad:
  15. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

i dont think brady is going to trust tate anymore than galloway . he now only trusts moss/welker and watson.
    he needs to get back to the same guy who threw to anyone who was open. or maybe the offense has changed and become more complicated for rookie WR in our system which would suck because we cant have rookie LB or WR because we are too complicated ?
  16. Jimke

Jimke Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Nunn looked awfully good making one handed catches in the

preseason.
  17. Jimke

Jimke Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You're right. Tate has not caught one pass from Tom Brady. Tate

is just starting to develop as a wide receiver.
  18. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +92 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

I don't know what the Galloway issue(s) is(are), but the Patriots sure as hell could have used him against the Broncos.
  19. Spiral

Spiral PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Since they're only dressing 4 WR, which one would sit if Tate dresses? Barring injury, I don't see Tate contributing more on ST than Aiken--unless he can show something really special on KR in practice.
  20. chrisfx811

chrisfx811 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why is it Manning can put rookie wr's to good use, but our system 'is sooo complex'?
    Maybe it's time to tweak the system?
  21. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Oh man, that's wants to be a sig quote soooooooo bad... :cool:
  22. The Dynasty

The Dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

On WEEI BB said that Aiken was the 4th receiver, I dont see Galloway dressing any other games this year.
  23. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

For him to be healthy and not make the trip does not bode well for his future in NE in 2009

If you want a WR to synch with Brady you keep him on the field more often to get it done not to suspend him for a few games,this usually indicates hes a goner.
  24. Jimke

Jimke Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I attended the Atlanta game. Galloway caught one pass in the end zone
    with his foot out of bounds, dropped a red zone pass to kill a drive, and
    caught a short pass. What do the first two things have to do with not
    knowing the system?
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  25. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

Remember, if the Pats wait until after the trade deadline to cut Galloway, he then has to go through waivers before he becomes a free agent again. I wouldn't be surprised if someone picks him up before the JEST.
  26. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +98 / 2 / -2

#24 Jersey

Yep. They were sorely in need of a second vertical threat and didn't have it. Galloway got too much hate at the beginning of the season from the Kneejerks. As has been shown the past couple of weeks, the communication/timing problems weren't all on Galloway. He just got thrown under the bus for it.

That said, if Tate can come in and make defenses pay for doubling Moss and focusing their attention on Welker too much, this offense could be dangerous. That is if Tate is fully healthy again and he plays like the kid that I watched at UNC...
  27. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +92 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

If this offense is based upon intelligent players who can make all sorts of adjustments, it should be able to handle one player running specific routes. If Galloway is having trouble making all the adjustments, the team should be drawing up plays which take that responsibility away. Galloway can run a post, for example, while the other receivers still run the 'read and react' style of offense.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  28. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +98 / 2 / -2

#24 Jersey

That goes on the coaching staff, particularly on the offensive side of the ball which hasn't exactly been stellar this season. I'm not one to believe that it's the in-route adjustments that are killing Galloway. What I believe is killing him is the fact that he's not playing with a Brady after a career of playing with Jeff Garcias and Bruce Gradkowskis. There were a couple of plays earlier in the year when Galloway was clearly suprised with the velocity of the ball which was coming at him. If they get their timing worked out, and that means spending extra time together after practice working on it until it's perfected, then Galloway should be able to make an impact on this team... assuming that he's allowed that chance again.
  29. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I thought this is exactly why Donte Stallworth was around a couple years ago.
  30. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

So it's the fault of messageboard critics that Galloway has struggled on offense and doesn't seem to be on the same page as Brady? It's the 'hate' he's getting on some fan message board that is causing him to play so poorly he recently go benched? :confused: I think we're shifting way too much blame on people who have zero control over how well or badly Galloway plays on Sundays.

I thought that Edelman looked good on both returns and in the passing game. He's not on the level of Wes Welker yet, but he makes some catches out there on Sunday. Too bad he's not a deep threat, but you gotta work with what you have.

Tate is such an unknown factor. He's missed a lot of the season due to injury. To expect him to contribute much is a bit too optimistic for the rookie. I'd be happy if he could contribute on ST, but if Edleman continues to do a good job returning kicks, BB might decide to stick with him. I mean it took the 5th week of the season before BB trusted Eddie enough to let him field kicks, how long will it take for BB to put trust in Tate?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.