PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Weekly poll says Dolphins will win AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.

p8ryts

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The following poll is on the Pro Football Weekly site. What are these people smoking?

Will the Dolphins win the AFC East in 2006?

Answer
Responses
Percentage
Bargraph

1. Yes
52.37%

2. No
47.63%

Total Responses
100.00%

That's cute. I bet they think the Colts will win the Super Bowl, too. People are impressed with a lot of free agent signings, just like they're impressed with pretty regular season numbers.

Dolphins to win East? LOL! It's so amazing how people just buy into this bizarre theory that the Patriots somehow are regressing. Fine with me, by all means NFL fans, keep it up. We'll just win another goddam Super Bowl.

Now go get my shine box.

Pffft...

PFW - I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries. Now go away before I am forced to taunt you a second time.

I love it give us more..............Rodney is stewing right about now. Talking about disrepsect!

I don't have a problem with the Dolphins getting some respect. They are going to be very good this year. As always, I don't like any of my teams picked to win it all...that's bad karma.

Also...let's face it...Belichick likes it that way and the players like it that way. Polls are to keep readership happy...so now they can move on and do another T.O. poll. :bricks:

Let's see the Dolphins trade for a QB coming off his worst year, then gets injured which actually stopped the bleeding before he probably would have gotten benched because of his poor play. Now lets crown the Dolphins "division champs" because of what Culpepper "can" do...Just ridiculous. Oh yeah, Redskins are also going to the Superbowl! LOL:p

F.B.N. said:
I don't have a problem with the Dolphins getting some respect. They are going to be very good this year.

Quick...name their starting offensive line.

...too late!

L.J. Shelton.
Jeno James.
Seth McKinney.
Rex Hadnot.
Vernon Carey.

...Ouch!...

Now let's list the ages of their starting front 7:

Kevin Carter - 33
Keith Traylor - 37
Vonnie Holliday - 31
Jason Taylor - 32

Donnie Spragan - 30 / Sedrick Hodge - 28
Zach Thomas - 33
Channing Crowder - 23

Let's roll on into the secondary while we're at it:

Will Allen - 28
Andre' Goodman - 28 / Renaldo Hill - 28 / Travis Daniels - 24
Tavares Tillman - 29
Deke Cooper - 29. (a/k/a starting SS in the Jaguars' secondary the Patriots tore apart in January.)

Last edited:
Triumph Weighs In...

This is a really great prediction.... (see pic)

Attachments

• triumph.jpg
    triumph.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 469
Well, its official, open the bubbly and start planning your playoff parties! PFW has consistently been exactly 100% wrong in every prediction they have ever made. Doofins doomed to sub .500 season! And that ups our record to 13-3!

I'll be saving and using that picture. Priceless.

thanks for sharing -- that says it all.

Miami just signed a mystery man at quarterback and this was a team that last year almost lost to our second and third string team in a completely meaningless game (that the media strongly felt we were intentionally trying to lose).

There must still be national fallout from the AV departure, even though its disspating locally -- still obviously a hot item elsewhere.

he's a kicker people! The same guy who couldn't be great in '96 because we lost the SB by 14 points or whatever it was. Polian overpaid him, but they won't criticize him until Rhodes goes down in week six and they run out of money to sign a guy like Heath Evans off the street...and then the light bulb will go on...oh, so that's why the Pats put a value on a position and responsibly manage their cap.

it's mass hysteria.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Quick...name their starting offensive line.

...too late!

L.J. Shelton.
Jeno James.
Seth McKinney.
Rex Hadnot.
Vernon Carey.

...Ouch!...

Now let's list the ages of their starting front 7:

Kevin Carter - 33
Keith Traylor - 37
Vonnie Holliday - 31
Jason Taylor - 32

Donnie Spragan - 30 / Sedrick Hodge - 28
Zach Thomas - 33
Channing Crowder - 23

Let's roll on into the secondary while we're at it:

Will Allen - 28
Andre' Goodman - 28 / Renaldo Hill - 28 / Travis Daniels - 24
Tavares Tillman - 29
Deke Cooper - 29. (a/k/a starting SS in the Jaguars' secondary the Patriots tore apart in January.)

While I'm no Dolphin fan I say it how I se it. Saban is an excellant coach and he got them to 9-7 with only a small amount of talent. I'm not saying they are capable of 12-4...but they will be better than 9-7....which is all I was saying...take your childish response and save it for some spitting contest with a Dolphins fan...personally, that's not for me.

FBN, it's nice to see a little restraint. The 'Fins are making a run... I see them at 10-6, though, not much better than last year. And the Pats? 12-4. That's just me.

But that's definitely a dogfight, and you never know what ridiculous ragtag group ends up beating you right when you most need a win. Not that fans' hubris loses games - it's the players that need to remember everybody's still undefeated.

PFnV

As an aside, this is pretty far from being scientific by the way they asked it.

If you had given everyone the choices of the 4 teams in the AFC east, it would have been more accurate.

Just some marketing research background.

NEM said:
Not if the Pats played anyone in the final game, otherwise they were 8-8, at best.

And not to piss on all of their wins, but I think you can consider the week 1 win against Denver a fluke too.

NEM said:
Not if the Pats played anyone in the final game, otherwise they were 8-8, at best.

Hey...immigration let you coe north into the Patriots forum???

NEM...I razz you everytime I see you post up here...and i won't stop until you become the old regular NEM that was a prolific poster ack in the day.

Give the PF a rest NEM...It's more fun up here and it actually adds years to your life because it is stress free....
:eat3: NOW THAT'S AN ORDER!!!!!!!! :eat2:​

Miami is the flavor of the month. They had a good win at San Diego late in the year. Their other wins in this much discussed 6 game streak were our 3rd string, Oakland, Buffalo, the Jets, and Ten. None of those teams had more than 5 wins.

Culpepper will make more plays than Gus for sure. He'll also make more mistakes, many more mistakes. As we've seen time and again in the NFL in recent years if you can't get Tom Brady and you have the choice between the big play/big mistake QB and a steady no mistake QB you are much better off going with the latter.

There is a ton of hype for a guy who in his only season without being able to throw jump balls to Randy Moss was on the verge of losing his job to Brad Johnson. Then he got hurt and we all saw Johnson turn the team around simply by not being the dumb decision maker Dante is.

Miami Afc East winner ?

we will see...

Didn't they predict the Cardinals to win the NFC West last year? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back