PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Weekly: Pats intent on bolstering OL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was correct in predicting the demise of Larry Izzo. I predicted it for 3 years and was proven right. BB just took 3 years to acknowlege my brilliance.
Sort of like how I predicted Arizona would surprise everybody and break through with a deep playoff run - in 2006 ... in 2007 ... finally got it right last year!

Sort of like how I predicted Arizona would surprise everybody and break through with a deep playoff run - in 2006 ... in 2007 ... finally got it right last year!

What's actually sad is that a couple years ago I really DID predict Izo as a cut but this year I did not.

Last edited:
Being an Eagles (BC) homer, I wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots take a chance on Cliff Ramsey ... he earned all ACC honors after moving from RT to LT to replace Gosder Cherilus, so he's clearly got some skill in a pro style zone blocking scheme.

I hope you guys won't hesitate to set me straight if I'm way off base in thinking that success in BC's ZBS has any relevance to what New England does on the OL -- I readily admit that I'm very green on the subject of offensive line performance.

I've been reading this forum (and occasionally posting) for three years now and I have been consistently impressed by the insight, the football knowledge and the intelligence of many of the long time posters.

On the other hand, with their analysis and predictions in the forefront of my mind, I have never failed to be surprised by BB's draft day choices (except for Wilfork, who fell into our laps).

My memory fails me here--who's come closest to predicting BB's first three or four choices every year? Are trophies awarded?

All this makes the draft almost as exciting as a game. Not a Patriots' game, of course, but a game anyhow.

Alex Mack would be a pick I would like, personally.

Id second that. If Mankins, Koppen or Neal go down then were thin ... I really hope we get a good tackle (love Beatty in the 1st but would take Meredith or Loadholt) and a good guard later like Cadogan or Levitre

I've been reading this forum (and occasionally posting) for three years now and I have been consistently impressed by the insight, the football knowledge and the intelligence of many of the long time posters.

On the other hand, with their analysis and predictions in the forefront of my mind, I have never failed to be surprised by BB's draft day choices (except for Wilfork, who fell into our laps).

My memory fails me here--who's come closest to predicting BB's first three or four choices every year? Are trophies awarded?

All this makes the draft almost as exciting as a game. Not a Patriots' game, of course, but a game anyhow.

I think that probably half the fun, or even more, is being 'wrong' enough that the team passes over your choice, because then you get to play "who was right" for years. Toss in a small amount of message board bragging rights and you've got a situation that's just full of win.

Last edited:
Brady wearing a brace? Could be the star left tackle time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back