PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Weekly- Patriots 13-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the Titans at 10-6 seem like more of a stretch than NE at 13-3...

Duh! > 3000 posts and still asking newbie questions ...

Thanks -- it's hot and humid here (Berlin) with a thunderstorm most days. Hope you have better weather.

In terms of newbie questions, post count matters not...

Duh! > 3000 posts and still asking newbie questions ...

Thanks -- it's hot and humid here (Berlin) with a thunderstorm most days. Hope you have better weather.
Still there to learn. ;)

Get over yourselves. You'll be lucky to win 13.

Over the last six seasons, the Pats have lost just 19 games, losing less than three games in three of those seasons for an average of just about three losses per year. So, while the poster was trying to be humorous, he also had a foundation in fact.

HINT: there's a "good sport" way to talk trash to your opponents and a "bad sport" way. Your comment falls into the latter category.

For example, saying that the Bills have an owner who fails adequately to market his own team and is looking for a back door out of Buffalo is legitimate trash talk. Saying that they have morphed into a pathetic franchise that is now looking to the biggest trouble maker in the league to rescue it is bad sportsmanship; but, I do kind of like it.

"Get over yourselves?" Give me a break.

does anyone else get mad when anyone predicts even 1 loss?

Nope, predicting losses doesn't bother me... however, if they were to pinpoint which games they thought we were going to lose, I'd probably argue against them all individually :D

Nope, predicting losses doesn't bother me... however, if they were to pinpoint which games they thought we were going to lose, I'd probably argue against them all individually :D

Bingo.....

Sounds great, apart from crushing the giants, i want the Colts head too. then its allcomplete

I don't know about the Ravens going 8-8, or the Panthers getting 11 wins. And I'm not sure who but I'm guessing somebody besides the Lions loses 13 or more games.

Pro Football Weekly's 2009 predictions:

AFC EAST
1. Pats: 13-3
2. Dolphins: 9-7*
3. Bills: 7-9
4. Jets: 7-9

AFC NORTH
1. Steelers: 11-5
2. Ravens: 8-8
3. Bengals: 6-10
4. Browns: 5-11

AFC SOUTH
1. Colts: 10-6
2. Titans: 10-6*
3. Texans: 8-8
4. Jags: 6-10

AFC WEST
1. Chargers: 11-5
2. Raiders: 5-11
3. Chiefs: 5-11
4. Broncos: 5-11

NFC EAST
1. Giants: 12-4
2. Eagles: 10-6*
3. Cowboys: 9-7*
4. Redskins: 8-8

NFC NORTH
1. Bears: 9-7
2. Vikings: 9-7
3. Packers: 8-8
4. Lions: 3-13

NFC SOUTH
1. Panthers: 11-5
2. Saints: 9-7
3. Falcons: 9-7
4. Bucs: 4-12

NFC WEST
1. Cards: 9-7
2. Hawks: 9-7
3. 49ers: 6-10
4. Rams: 5-11

* = Wild Card
Superbowl 44: Pats over Giants

just looking at the afc records. how many times has it been that the best record has 13 wins and the next best has only 11. Aren't there usually better records who win the first round byes (in the afc)? And how does a 9-7 team get into the afc playoff picture? we didn't get in with 11 wins (while that was a bit flukey, it's still unlikely that a 9-win team gets in as a wildcard).

just looking at the afc records. how many times has it been that the best record has 13 wins and the next best has only 11. Aren't there usually better records who win the first round byes (in the afc)? And how does a 9-7 team get into the afc playoff picture? we didn't get in with 11 wins (while that was a bit flukey, it's still unlikely that a 9-win team gets in as a wildcard).

I dunno... in 01 weren't the Pats 11-5 and yet earned the #2 spot with a first round bye ?

I dunno... in 01 weren't the Pats 11-5 and yet earned the #2 spot with a first round bye ?

right, but that hasn't been near the pattern of late (for the afc).
whatev'

I don't see how the Jets win seven games. They have a pretty good oline, Cotchery a good #2, Jones and Washington. Is that enough? They also have options at QB to take turns failing. Five wins, maybe.

The Bills, in my mind, max out at nine wins. Just from a talent perspective. I could see them anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7.

The Dolphins had luck on their side. From injuries to turnovers, I don't see them being as fortunate. They win eight games and I lean under that.

The Patriots do not need Brady to throw 500 times to win the division. They ran the ball very well last year and should be better with Taylor. This defense can hold opponents under 18ppg. More than twelve wins should happen.

The Raiders with five wins? They went through a lot last year. They were good enough to knock a hungry team out of the playoffs. I think they will be much better. They can win eight.

Sometimes it takes a few repetitions to get it into the old brainbox ... ;)
Ditto...
sulk.gif

Usually I don't get into the prediction business...BUT...I was 100% for Moss when we signed him..and 110% for Welker...I hate going out on a limb BUT I think a lot of us are severely underestimating what Fred Taylor can/will do for the Patriots this season.Assuming Brady stays upright, I am positive Fred Taylor will make the heir apparent to Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk, practically unstoppable in pressure situations this season.It's not what an opponent gameplans to shut down Moss or take away Welker...they will gameplan these things..but if Taylor is STILL Taylor, no team can gameplan Faulk's screen game.This will mean longer TOP by the offense which will definitely help the defense spearheaded by a now experienced Mayo.I LOVE the Taylor acquisiton because I SAW what Dillon did and what he meant in the overall gameplanning fo the Pats a few years back. Defenses that have to respect Taylor AND deal with the multifaceted Patriots passing attack will almost certainly be vulnerable to the PROVEN screen strategys first made famous by the Giants years ago. It takes that veteran with the skill and experience to make it deadly and Faulk has more than proven he's up to the task.

It's always been about time of possession and those four or five key plays that has made a BB team go.If Taylor can stay upright, you HAVE to like the Patriots against any defense.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Kewl.

Can they prdict lottery numbers too-or come close?
More numbers.....boooooring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye