PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Weekly 2012 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have the print copy of the Pro Football Weekly 2012 Season Preview magazine so there is no link.

Predictions for the AFCE:

Patriots 12-4
Bills 8-8
Jets 7-9 :rofl:
Fins- 4-12

AFC Champions: Your NE Patriots
Super Bowl Champion: SF 49'ers :mad:

top 50 NFL Players:
#2 TFB (aaron rogers #1)
#13 Gronk
#34 Big Vince
#39 Welker
There is more good stuff in the mag but that is all I feel like typing for now and enough to comment about.

I have the print copy of the Pro Football Weekly 2012 Season Preview magazine so there is no link.

Predictions for the AFCE:

Patriots 12-4
Bills 8-8
Jets 7-9 :rofl:
Fins- 4-12

AFC Champions: Your NE Patriots
Super Bowl Champion: SF 49'ers :mad:

top 50 NFL Players:
#2 TFB (aaron rogers #1)
#13 Gronk
#34 Big Vince
#39 Welker
There is more good stuff in the mag but that is all I feel like typing for now and enough to comment about.

Not too sound arrogant here, but just stating a fact:

With a career win pct of .780, an average Brady season would be 12.48 wins and 3.52 losses each season.

It does seem that this team is more talented than Brady's average team and the schedule appears to be very weak. I'll take the over on that win total and hope TB is healthy.

I don't think the Jets will even get to 7 this year. What you saw during 2010-11 was a team that completely went all-in with everything they had in a desperate attempt to win a Super Bowl, and many of the core players were leftovers from Mangini's drafts. What you are about to see is the consequences of that short-sighted approach, a team with a bunch of overpaid, unmotivated players, a complete lack of depth, and no young talent in sight to replenish the roster and fill holes.

Last edited:
Ha ha...Alex Smith and Frank Gore. I don't care who they have on defense.

Are you saying Frank Gore isn't twice as good as any RB we have?

SF is talented but teams like that who make huge jumps more often than not slide the year after.

ATL the last 4 years in wins 11, 9, 13, 10
Chiefs last two 10, 7
Benglas last four 4, 10, 4, 9

Watch for the 49ers, Lions and Bengals all to take a step back. I'd include the Texans but they're getting their QB back so I expect if he's healthy they'll win 10 again in a weak division.

I'll signup for a trip to the SB today and take my chances. This team will be stronger than last years team. The only caveat will be injuries of course.

Are you saying Frank Gore isn't twice as good as any RB we have?

Is that a serious question? Gore is aging and has shown definite signs of wear and tear. I think we all know about the short shelf life of RB's.

I guess you're not nearly as opptimistic as me about Ridley and Vereen.

These preseason pubs are almost never right, but they can be a good read. I really don't care who these pubs pick to go to the Super Bowl and actually win it because most of them are wrong and the ones that are right are just lucky, not good.

One good thing is that I can see Jets fans stewing all preseason because every preseason publication I have read except for one have them either in third or even fourth place in the division. I am sure most of the preseason predictions will have them at .500 or less. You look at the Jets boards and a lot of their fans think they are going to go 11-5 or 12-4.

Ha ha...Alex Smith and Frank Gore. I don't care who they have on defense.

Actually, SF really improved their Offense in the off season, got more explosive, with the additions of WR AJ Jenkins and RB Lamichael James in the draft, and Wide Receivers Randy Moss and Mario Manningham in Free Agency. With that defense, and an improved offense, they have to be odds on favorites to at least be in the NFCCG, if not win it. Defenses win Championships, and they have one of the top 5 D's in football. Let's not forget, they were a couple of dumb fumbles away from going to last year's SB, and it still took OT for the Giants to beat the 49ers. They could be very dangerous this year.

If we get to the Super Bowl again, we are not losing.

I don't care what it takes. I will fly to New Orleans and sabotage the other team all week if I have to.

Actually, SF really improved their Offense in the off season, got more explosive, with the additions of WR AJ Jenkins and RB Lamichael James in the draft, and Wide Receivers Randy Moss and Mario Manningham in Free Agency. With that defense, and an improved offense, they have to be odds on favorites to at least be in the NFCCG, if not win it. Defenses win Championships, and they have one of the top 5 D's in football. Let's not forget, they were a couple of dumb fumbles away from going to last year's SB, and it still took OT for the Giants to beat the 49ers. They could be very dangerous this year.

Those are valid points. They have added some good pieces but they just don't worry me in a potential SB match up. They remind of the Ravens. Great defense, good offensive weapons but a QB who probably won't make the big plays when the game is on the line.

What is the over/under on when Moss goes off on Alex Smith after he doesn't see him standing wide open in the end zone?

The balance of power really looks as if the shift is complete. If I were to list the top 7 teams in the league based upon current makeup and health, I'd guess that the NFC has

Green Bay
Detroit
Chicago
New Orleans
San Francisco

and the champion Giants.

The AFC has the Patriots.

The balance of power really looks as if the shift is complete. If I were to list the top 7 teams in the league based upon current makeup and health, I'd guess that the NFC has

Green Bay
Detroit
Chicago
New Orleans
San Francisco

and the champion Giants.

I think I'd put Pittsburgh and Balitmore ahead of Detriot and Chicago.
I'd also have a huge question mark next to NO for this season with the circus surrounding them.
But there is no question the NFC is much deeper in quality teams.

The Giants make the play-offs every 4 years. SF is a very good team despite having a jack-off for a coach. The Harbaughs and the Schwartzes should breed together and produce jackasses until the year 2070.

The Giants make the play-offs every 4 years. SF is a very good team despite having a jack-off for a coach. The Harbaughs and the Schwartzes should breed together and produce jackasses until the year 2070.
The Giants have made the playoffs 5 of the last 7 years, and havent gone 3 straight non playoff years since 1994-96.
The 49ers had not made the playoffs for 8 years until last season.

Green Bay
Detroit
Chicago
New Orleans
San Francisco

and the champion Giants.

Wow. Of all these NFC "locks", not a single team has even won their division two consecutive years.

Patriots, Steelers, and Ravens have all shown year in-and-out that they will be contenders against either conference. Texans are absolutely loaded on paper, and the Chiefs sure don't look like pushovers either.

The NFC does have better QBs, I'll give you that.

If I've learnt anything it's that pre-season predictions are great for entertainment.

Wow. Of all these NFC "locks", not a single team has even won their division two consecutive years.

Patriots, Steelers, and Ravens have all shown year in-and-out that they will be contenders against either conference. Texans are absolutely loaded on paper, and the Chiefs sure don't look like pushovers either.

The NFC does have better QBs, I'll give you that.

I didn't call any team a "lock". What I said was "the top 7 teams in the league based upon current makeup and health", and I'll stand by that. I can see people making arguments about teams like Houston, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Atlanta. I just don't see it that way at the moment.

Last edited:
Those are valid points. They have added some good pieces but they just don't worry me in a potential SB match up. They remind of the Ravens. Great defense, good offensive weapons but a QB who probably won't make the big plays when the game is on the line.

What is the over/under on when Moss goes off on Alex Smith after he doesn't see him standing wide open in the end zone?

i really wanted to play the 49ers in that superbowl... they just seemed to be such a good match up with the pats... strength vs strength their d vs our offense.

their strength was the run ours was stopping the run.

ERGH

Top 5 teams are really good:

New England
Green Bay
San Francisco
Houston
New York Giants

I would put Baltimore and Pitt, next and then New Orleans, troubled as they are, and Detroit.

Set's up nicely for the Patriots, conference is on the way down and they are on the way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down