PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football weekly 2 round mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! No Barwin in the first two rounds? Insane, dude has the best combination of measurables of any 3-4 OLB prospect by FAR, and he was very productive in his one year at DE.

The hate for the bandwagon is understandable, but he's not falling to the third round.

Monroe is a great player and if we get him he'd definitely be starting over everyone next year, maybe even this year.. But I think, if I follow his draft, there are players rated as high or higher in more critical positions.. And I don't mean positions we need to fill but positions that are hard to fill (ie OLB, DT, OG)..

I like the next two picks.. But I rather see (following his draft) Maualuga and English or E. Brown..

We'd be solid up the middle.. Something we are soft in..

Ha! No Barwin in the first two rounds? Insane, dude has the best combination of measurables of any 3-4 OLB prospect by FAR, and he was very productive in his one year at DE.

The hate for the bandwagon is understandable, but he's not falling to the third round.

Hahahaha even after all of that, I would take 4 other OLB/DE over him.
1) Brian Orakpo
2) Everette Brown
3) Aaron Maybin
4) Larry English
5) Conner Barwin

The reason is because all of the four before Barwin have more potential as Pass Rushers, Barwin will probably be a better coverage man than all of the other 4 but I dont think he will have as many sacks. Everybody likes to compare Barwin to Vrabel. Vrabel was never one of the top 8 3-4 OLB in the league (except for 2 years ago). I think these top 4 have the potential to lead the league in sacks while still being above average coverage men.

Back to the Mock. I like it alot but with some of the names still on the board after us I dont think Knowshon would be my top choice but I still think he will be a great back in the NFL. Good for our system as well.

Definitely some unusual picks but PFW has done well even since Buchsbaum died, Nawrocki is no amateur. Regarding their picks for the Patiots the last two years, no-one here would be crying if we had DRC and Beason over Mayo and Meriweather; they were good and reasonable picks.

Definitely some unusual picks but PFW has done well even since Buchsbaum died, Nawrocki is no amateur. Regarding their picks for the Patiots the last two years, no-one here would be crying if we had DRC and Beason over Mayo and Meriweather; they were good and reasonable picks.

Interestingly, PFW did have Pats picking Meriweather w/ the 28th pick that year.

Interestingly, PFW did have Pats picking Meriweather w/ the 28th pick that year.
Ah, I saw them take Beason for us but forgot we had two #1 until we traded one.

Yeah, I would take PFW as seriously as you can take any mock out there.

I like Pro Football Weekly and read it all the time, but I have to say that I can't see the Patriots drafting this way. No way they take Moreno in the first round and although they might take Matthews at 34, I just don't see it happening.

I know I've been surprised by the Patriots before: I didn't see them drafting Mankins or Watson in the first round, but I just can't see this happening.

I like Pro Football Weekly and read it all the time, but I have to say that I can't see the Patriots drafting this way. No way they take Moreno in the first round and although they might take Matthews at 34, I just don't see it happening.
I don't expect a RB either but Nolan did say it was a value pick so he's kind of off the hook in terms of our RB situation - and if a team can afford a value pick this year it's the Patriots with all our picks.

I don't expect a RB either but Nolan did say it was a value pick so he's kind of off the hook in terms of our RB situation - and if a team can afford a value pick this year it's the Patriots with all our picks.

I do see your point, and he is a good player, but there are some quality OTs that might be a value in that spot as well-as long as there isn't a run like last year although there is a good chance of that...ILB, OLB as well. I know BB takes best player available, but knowing that there'll probably be a good value RB to take later in the draft, I still don't see it.

I generally value Nolan Nawrocki's view, but there seem to be a lot of things about this draft which are surprising. Aside from Barwin's absence - like him or not, I think at this time his absence from the first 2 rounds can be called surprising - Mark Sanchez falling past Josh Brown to #18, Everette Brown falling to #30 and William Beatty to #54 seem quite extreme, at the very least. I can't see the Pats passing on all of Larry English, Sean Smith and Beatty at #47. Moreno is a great back and may be good value at #23, but I have a hard time seeing us going that route with our current stable of backs and other needs. Massaquoi at #58 is a reach, especially when he has us taking WR but passing on Hakeem Nicks at #48. And finally, Donald Washington in the 2nd round? That's one of the biggest stretches I've seen in a mock by a supposedly credible source. Washington has nice athleticism (the highest vertical at the combine) but he's raw, has off-field issues, and is generally considered a late-round prospect.

I agree 100%. Value is huge in thsi draft.

I think the whole thing explodes and goes to the garbage can with the 3rd pick..........I can't see pioli coming from years and years of this organization to draft an OL at #3........unless curry is already gone....but he isn't

worst mock to date

I generally value Nolan Nawrocki's view, but there seem to be a lot of things about this draft which are surprising. Aside from Barwin's absence - like him or not, I think at this time his absence from the first 2 rounds can be called surprising - Mark Sanchez falling past Josh Brown to #18, Everette Brown falling to #30 and William Beatty to #54 seem quite extreme, at the very least.

I might even put Raji at #12 in that category, and Jarron Gilbert out of day 1. And explain to me how the Colts take a running back with Ziggy Hood still on the board? Toss in Everette Brown's plummet and it starts to look like a systematic undervaluing of DLs -- which never happens on draft day.

I think the whole thing explodes and goes to the garbage can with the 3rd pick..........I can't see pioli coming from years and years of this organization to draft an OL at #3........unless curry is already gone....but he isn't

worst mock to date

I can see Pioli trading out of #3, IF he can find a dance partner, especially if Detroit passes on Stafford.

Not sure I buy that, I understand that the Patriots never took at OT near as high as this when Pioli was here but a top LT is a very legitimate way to spend a top five pick.

Not sure I buy that, I understand that the Patriots never took at OT near as high as this when Pioli was here but a top LT is a very legitimate way to spend a top five pick.

Yep, seems reasonable to me, too. And BB famously said he would have taken Robert Gallery at #1 overall.

Under BB both times the Pats were near this high in the first round, they went with defense both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots