PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Weekley insists there is concern over Moss's injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Now I'm worried but I hope they are wrong. Check it out for yourself.

Although the team insists he’ll be fine, we hear there’s some lingering concern about Randy Moss’ hamstring injury. Hamstring injuries have a propensity for keeping players sidelined lengthy periods of time, especially for players as old as Moss. The injury is similar to the one WR Chad Jackson sustained last year — one that kept the rookie on the bench for the majority of his rookie season.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2007/whispers082507.htm

Sorry I spelled Weekly wrong in the title.

Last edited:

Although the team insists he’ll be fine, we hear there’s some lingering concern about Randy Moss’ hamstring injury. Hamstring injuries have a propensity for keeping players sidelined lengthy periods of time, especially for players as old as Moss. The injury is similar to the one WR Chad Jackson sustained last year — one that kept the rookie on the bench for the majority of his rookie season.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2007/whispers082507.htm

lets all assume hes going to be I R and if he comes back so be it, then we can put a stop to all the countless threads and posts

That PFW - the lame one, in my book - is constantly behind on stories, and I'm not sure they're worth getting too amped about. I think the Pats are being really cautious and I'm glad they are.

First off, this reads as complete speculation based on some recent lingering hammy issues in the NFL. It does not read *at all* like they have some info that would make the issue look more severe.

That said, Jackson's injury issues were all but over by midseason. IIRC, he had another injury at that time. Add to that the fact that he was a rookie and I don't really see how one could make a comparison between the two. Is it possible that Randy misses a few weeks? Sure.

You know, now that I think about it, CJ also tried practicing just a few weeks before the season started and reaggravated the injury. So now the comparison is even more silly. Even if the injuries are similar, Randy will have about a month's worth of healing time more than CJ and he is familiar with NFL offenses.

Nothing to see here.

That PFW - the lame one, in my book - is constantly behind on stories, and I'm not sure they're worth getting too amped about. I think the Pats are being really cautious and I'm glad they are.

There is nothing "lame" about profootballweekly, in my book, other than the fact its readership is comprised of football geeks. ProFootballWeekly is a quality publication. The "whispers" column that ESPN publishes every week comes from profootballweekly, and is as good an inside source as exists in football media.

Last edited:
Right, isn't it Weakly?

:yeahthat: (we really need a straight up applause smilie).

Translation:

Although the team insists he’ll be fine, we hear there’s some lingering concern about Randy Moss’ hamstring injury.

They've been reading this board. I don't even see "sources tell us", do you?

Hamstring injuries have a propensity for keeping players sidelined lengthy periods of time, especially for players as old as Moss.

Let's make a general statement about hamstring injuries. At least theycan't call us liars

The injury is similar to the one WR Chad Jackson sustained last year — one that kept the rookie on the bench for the majority of his rookie season.

Obviously this writer has not examined Chad Jackson. Even if he had, he's got no information about Moss' injury.

Translation:

Both had hamstring injuries in their legs, therefore = similar.

Had one of the hamstrings been in their shoulder, that would be different.

I don't see anything in that article that you couldn't write about any pro, college or high school player with a hammy injury.

lets all assume hes going to be I R and if he comes back so be it, then we can put a stop to all the countless threads and posts

Ain't no coming back from IR......

There is nothing "lame" about profootballweekly, in my book, other than the fact its readership is comprised of football geeks. ProFootballWeekly is a quality publication. The "whispers" column that ESPN publishes every week comes from profootballweekly, and is as good an inside source as exists in football media.

I used to think that, too, and maybe I'm wrong, but the last few years it's seemed like such a tired re-hash of what was possibly true the week before. This entry, specifically, feels that way. No?

Come on, Pony, get with the program! Profootballweekly clearly fits the definition of "lame" and "complete speculation" because they printed a rumor of bad news. (Example usage: Tomase on Bruschi's wrist, Jackson's knee, etc.) The opposite of lame is "rocking," which is used to describe a publication that prints a sourceless, unsubstantiated rumor of good news. Got it?

Seriously, when it comes to Pats WRs with balky hamstrings, no rumors is good rumors. I'd feel better seeing Moss on the practice field. Not that the team needs him any time soon, but Brady to Moss sounds like such flat-out fun to watch.

Come on, Pony, get with the program! Profootballweekly clearly fits the definition of "lame" and "complete speculation" because they printed a rumor of bad news. (Example usage: Tomase on Bruschi's wrist, Jackson's knee, etc.) The opposite of lame is "rocking," which is used to describe a publication that prints a sourceless, unsubstantiated rumor of good news. Got it?

Seriously, when it comes to Pats WRs with balky hamstrings, no rumors is good rumors. I'd feel better seeing Moss on the practice field. Not that the team needs him any time soon, but Brady to Moss sounds like such flat-out fun to watch.

I'm glad you're talking to me again, PC. I thought you were angry at me for my political comments and because I didn't like Stewart Bradley. My day just got a little brighter, seriously.:)

I'm glad you're talking to me again, PC. I thought you were angry at me for my political comments and because I didn't like Stewart Bradley.

Heck, no! It takes a lot more than that to get on my bad side. (Check it out, I even talk to Keegs. :D)

But now you have me thinking about Stewart Bradley again.
sad016.gif
They say he's looking great in Philly....

A grade 3 hamstring pull, which is a complete tear of the muscle, requires surgery and a 3 month recovery period. Now we know Moss didn't have surgery, but that gives us a realistic upper limit to the recovery time. His injury was most likely grade 2, the most serious for which surgery isn't required, and for which 4-6 weeks of rest is the recommended treatment. Now Moss may be no longer be young by NFL receiver standards, but 4-6 weeks is the recommendation for an average person, Moss is an athlete who's body is in tip-top shape. No way this turns into a season-ending injury unless he re-aggrevates it, which seems to be exactly what the team is trying to avoid with him. Personally, I don't have much concern about Moss right now.

Last edited:
BB said he was "close" on EEI yesterday. I don't think he would say that if it wasn't the truth, if anything he exagerates the other way.

Last edited:
BB said he was "close" on EEI yesterday. I don't think he would say that if it wasn't the truth, if anything he exagerates the other way.

=====================================

Yes, we all know that BB's injury reports are always 100% accurate. LOL

Suffice to say that Moss will be listed as day to day for the rest of the season.

=====================================

Yes, we all know that BB's injury reports are always 100% accurate. LOL

Suffice to say that Moss will be listed as day to day for the rest of the season.

Well in fairness to BB I can't think of an example of him lying about an injury. It's just usually no information or useless information. Saying that a player is day to day is 100% accurate. For example, if Chad Scott had miraculously recovered from his season ending leg injury the next day, he would not have been placed on IR. At least Belichick leaves that option available ;) .

The fact that he said Moss is 'close' is better news than hearing day to day again.

I for one, think we'll be fine with EITHER Stallworth OR Moss for a bit. One of them is the deep threat or jump ball type, coupled with the surer catch shorter route guy (Gaffney for example) and then Welker underneath.

With the depth we have now at WR, there's just no reason to rush.

Well in fairness to BB I can't think of an example of him lying about an injury. It's just usually no information or useless information. Saying that a player is day to day is 100% accurate. For example, if Chad Scott had miraculously recovered from his season ending leg injury the next day, he would not have been placed on IR. At least Belichick leaves that option available ;) .

The fact that he said Moss is 'close' is better news than hearing day to day again.

==================================
True enogh, Mangini does it also. Pennington was listed as questionable all season last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye