PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Day Results

A steal in the top 3 rounds. Like I said weeks ago, Latimer > Moncrief.

I disagree Donte Moncrief is the most NFL ready receiver in the draft in my opinion. He is not as physically gifted as many of the others but he is very smooth.

That is not a knock on Latimer who will probably be the bigger steal because he is currently slated as the #166 prospect compared to Moncrief who is slated at #67.

I'd be fine with either. Both are better than Dobson.

As prospects? I'd agree. It's somewhat close though.

I disagree Donte Moncrief is the most NFL ready receiver in the draft in my opinion. He is not as physically gifted as many of the others but he is very smooth.

That is not a knock on Latimer who will probably be the bigger steal because he is currently slated as the #166 prospect compared to Moncrief who is slated at #67.

Regardless of who's better that's just about the opposite of how I see Moncrief. He is as physically gifted as many others, but isn't as NFL ready.

Latimer won't be #166 for long. He's one of the guys battling for the fifth spot of my top five WRs.

Will Carroll ‏@injuryexpert 1h
Cody Latimer's 4.4 comes just months after foot surgery. That's impressive.

A steal in the top 3 rounds. Like I said weeks ago, Latimer > Moncrief.
I'd be fine with either. Both are better than Dobson.

Regardless of who's better that's just about the opposite of how I see Moncrief. He is as physically gifted as many others, but isn't as NFL ready.

Latimer won't be #166 for long. He's one of the guys battling for the fifth spot of my top five WRs.

Fusue Vue ‏@lifesyourcup 15m
Said it before, Cody Latimer is what we want Donte Moncrief to be. Latimer better hands, stronger in redzone. #NFLDRAFT[/QUOTE

To be honest I have not scouted Latimer, I was admittedly ignorant to his existence prior to reading about him today. I will take your word for it because you seem to know your **** and I will do some reading and scouting on Latimer now, you have peaked my interest.

@caplannfl: Lonnie Ballentine/S/Memphis... Pro Day #s: 6-3, 219, ran 4.38-4.40, 38 VJ, 18 Bench. Worked out for NE; visits with Az, KC soon.

Running back Stephen Houston, a prospect who has displayed a great amount of talent at times in college, measured 5010/225lbs, touched 40 inches in the vertical jump and 11 feet in the broad, marks bettered by only one running back at the combine (Lache Seastrunk, 41.5-inch vert, 11-2 broad). He completed 24 reps on the bench and ran consistent mid-to-high 4.4's (4.46-to-4.49) in the forty.

Stephen Houston also look like another potential late round/udfa back that could challenge Brandon Bolden in camp. He appears to be quite athletic.

Stephen Houston also look like another potential late round/udfa back that could challenge Brandon Bolden in camp. He appears to be quite athletic.

Yes. He intrigued me with those numbers. Saw a little bit of tape on him. nice burst getting through a hole and has speed to the edge but there's not a great deal of wiggle to his game. I didn't come away impressed but I am at least intrigued.

Still wouldn't touch the crazy, little SOB with a 10ft pole!

For those watching Manziel's pro day, I think his receiver wearing the white headband is Ben Malena who we've shown some interest in (post pro day dinner).

If I'm the Jaguars, I'm 100% taking Manziel if he's available. I think Bridgewater is the better QB but Manziel can transform a franchise. The Jags are building a young and hungry team with a Seahawks vibe and Manziel would fight right into that philosophy.

And Mike Evans is special. Definite top 10 WR for me.

If I'm the Jaguars, I'm 100% taking Manziel if he's available. I think Bridgewater is the better QB but Manziel can transform a franchise. The Jags are building a young and hungry team with a Seahawks vibe and Manziel would fight right into that philosophy.

And Mike Evans is special. Definite top 10 WR for me.

I believe Bortles will be there at #3 and they'll go in state.

ESPN Monday Night ‏@ESPNMondayNight Mar 25
Jon Gruden's QB Camp with @JManziel2 is coming Thursday Night (3/27), 7pm ET on ESPN.

Today is Johnny Football day.

I'm round and round on it. I'm still not ruling out the Rams for Manziel.
I'm ruling the Rams out as a team that will take JFF but not as one that should.

If I were them I'd draft JFF #2, hope to get Evans with their second #1 and trade Bradford for as much as I could get. Add Evans to Austin and Stacy with JFF and things could get interesting.

Bradford is an overrated albatross with mediocre play, always getting hurt and owed $30M the next two years.

I'm ruling the Rams out as a team that will take JFF but not as one that should.

If I were them I'd draft JFF #2, hope to get Evans with their second #1 and trade Bradford for as much as I could get. Add Evans to Austin and Stacy with JFF and things could get interesting.

Bradford is an overrated albatross with mediocre play, always getting hurt and owed $30M the next two years.

But the contract he got makes him basicly untradeable - 33m over 2 years ! They could still do as you points out, but then Johnny would have to sit the first year and learn.... And what happens if Sam plays a season without a injury?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back