PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Day Notes...Lawrence Maroney, Ryan LaCasse, Damien Rhodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Most of you are aware that I'm a Syracuse alum and fan. Believe me, that doesn't impact whom I want on the Pats. I cringed when they drafted Tebucky. But it is the team I see more than most during the season, and while looking for results of Georgia (Pope, 3 DBS) and Miami OH (Nande) pro days, I came across some numbers from Syracuse, who has a number of 2nd day draft possibilities, IMO. Compiled from various reports:

First of all, Maroney's private workout. He's stronger than I gave him credit for:

Maroney (6-0 1/8, 215) ran indoors on FieldTurf. He ran one 40, clocking times of anywhere from 4.47 to 4.49. Maroney, considered a perfect fit for a zone blocking team like Denver, did not run the shuttles or the three-cone drill. He had a 35½-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-3 broad jump and 21 bench presses at 225 lbs.

Damien Rhodes, who I feel is very underrated:

He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.42 seconds - on FieldTurf. He bench pressed
225 pounds 21 times, which was more than most of his teammates. He had a personal-best vertical leap of 371/2 inches, though he was so pumped, he thought he might get 40. And he weighed in at 212 pounds, which Rhodes says makes him one of the biggest tailbacks available in the NFL Draft. The Jets, the Dolphins, the Packers and the Lions were scouting him.

Ryan LaCasse, OLB project:

LaCasse may have made the day's biggest impression when he burned a 40-yard dash time of 4.46 seconds on the FieldTurf of the Dome. One observer said, "He just made a ton of money. It's going to help me on both ends playing defensive end or linebacker," said LaCasse, who is being evaluated for both positions in the NFL.

Nothing much was said about Wyche or Anthony Smith. I guess they didn't do much after their combine performances.

What about Wyche? I could see him moving to OLB in the Pats system. Two years on ST and as a backup and he would be ready for playing time.

Ochmed Jones said:
What about Wyche? I could see him moving to OLB in the Pats system. Two years on ST and as a backup and he would be ready for playing time.

Wyche didn't do much. He broad jumped 10 feet. He ran too, nothing that's going to help or hurt him. I don't remember exactly. 4.6something.

I think either one would be a worthwhile project. I've read in two places today that LaCasse is actually creeping towards the first day.

Nothing great on the UGA DBs. They all ran "in the 4.5 range".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back