PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowlers: Brady, Welker, Gronk, Mankins, Wilfork, Mayo, Slater

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know how I feel about these "awards", CT...let the stupid Rats get all the shiny little "gaa gaa look at ME" awards...all I want to see is Patriot trophies lined up end to end going out of sight...

He's the best CB in the league with Revis out; why should the suspension matter? He'll be a starter on the All-pro team yet not even make the probowl.

Because of the Merriman incident, players who test positive for PEDs are no longer eligible for the Pro Bowl. It's likely that some of the voters just chose a preemptive move here.

Because of the Merriman incident, players who test positive for PEDs are no longer eligible for the Pro Bowl. It's likely that some of the voters just chose a preemptive move here.

Oh, I didn't know that, makes sense then.

While the Patriots put 7 players in the Pro Bowl, the rest of the AFCE only put in 3 players, combined:

Cromartie
Landry
Wake

yeah...but Cromartie-dad and the prehistoric trog Landryman are the superest, bestest, gweatest OG OG OG "BEASTS!!!!!" to ever make the Pro Bowl...so try to remember that in the future...or else this board will feel the "WRATH!!!!!" of Buttfumble Fan as they inundate our threads with "BEASTIN!!!!"boasts and other assorted mongoloidisms...

The ***** of it is that the Patriots had Landry in town, and they let him get away. Those of us who wanted him were hoping that the Patriots would be willing to gamble on him remaining healthy, which he did.

Landry
McCourty
Dennard
Talib

What could have been....... :(

The ***** of it is that the Patriots had Landry in town, and they let him get away. Those of us who wanted him were hoping that the Patriots would be willing to gamble on him remaining healthy, which he did.

Landry
McCourty
Dennard
Talib

What could have been....... :(

The Landry I saw play this year has the same issues in coverage that would have given fans here fits if we signed him. We didn't exactly hit the jackpot on Gregory, but Landry in the probowl is overrating him drastically, IMO.

The Landry I saw play this year has the same issues in coverage that would have given fans here fits if we signed him. We didn't exactly hit the jackpot on Gregory, but Landry in the probowl is overrating him drastically, IMO.

The idea with Landry was never for his coverage skills, but for his intensity and work near the line as a much better version of what Patrick Chung was supposed to be. He was excellent this year, and very deserving of Pro Bowl recognition.

The idea with Landry was never for his coverage skills, but for his intensity and work near the line as a much better version of what Patrick Chung was supposed to be. He was excellent this year, and very deserving of Pro Bowl recognition.

We will have to agree to disagree. I saw most Jet games, and Landry was not a probowl safety in my view.

I thought of that, DI...and I did NOT want the Pats to take a chance on Landry, precisely because of his demonstrated injury history. I surmised that this is why BB shied away from even taking the meeting with him. I think I may have been 100% wrong about that. I think BB could have cared less about his injury past and instead saw some personality quirk he didn't like..there's no mistake he hits as hard as any safety in the league and has very good coverage skills but Brady exploited him in both games on plays where he made the wrong read. I'm pretty sure Ryan properly explained the correct reads to counter these looks the Pats showed but Landry reacted as he always does, looking to make the huge hit instead of playing the correct read in Ryan's scheme. We already HAVE a safety that, admittedly, is less physically gifted but with that same propensity in Chung...perhaps BB declined a double dose of feast or famine....what this secondary needed was exactly what we ended up getting finally..Talib...anyway, just my opinion

Richard Sherman got snubbed big time.

He 100% deserved to be the NFC starter, and you know what? I'm happy that ****-talking prick got snubbed. Few players are less deserving of moral encouragement than him. One of the least classy players in the league. If you've read his comments about his non-selection, he basically just said "I'll be first team All Pro anyway so whatever." How was that the right thing to say at all?

I know I seem overly butthurt but I'm sleep deprived

Logan Mankins?? Ahahahaha... hahaha.. ha ..ha....

Really?

Not only has he missed a lot of time, but he hasn't played well even when he is in.

QFT.

OldMankin$ being elected a PB starter is an absolute joke.

He's the best CB in the league with Revis out; why should the suspension matter? He'll be a starter on the All-pro team yet not even make the probowl.

If you are suspended you can not be named pro bowl player nor any end of season awards.

All were Pats all pros are worthy except Mankins who's election this year is more of a testament to his previous excellence. This has been the first year that Mankins hasn't earned that huge salary. Hopefully he'll be healthy enough to be effective for the playoffs, and fully healthy next season.

Agreed.

OL selections tend to be like that -- once you earn a few Pro Bowl nods legitimately, they just keep on coming.

Hernandez is crying all the way to the bank.

I'm sure he'd like to be selected to the Pro Bowl. But if he can have one but not both of a Pro Bowl selection and a Pro Bowler's salary, I imagine he'd prefer the one he has.

Well I hardly care about this game, and the fact that Mankins made it this year and Brandon Merriweather made it multiple times kind of solidifies that. Victor Cruz getting in over Dez, Vincent, and Roddy is pretty laughable too.

2. In the fan voting, defensive lineman Vince Wilfork was well behind Baltimore's Haloti Ngata and Cincinnati's Geno Atkins, but he was ultimately named a starter. That is a reflection that Wilfork has great respect among fellow players as well as coaches, as they account for the final two-thirds of the vote.

Good point by Reese. I don't think fans of other teams fully understand how good Vince is. A thread on the Texans board back from the Jets game was making fun of Gruden for tongue bathing Vince. It was funny reading the commnets after the Houston game where they realized why.

Last year's playoff game vs Baltimore Vince was a beast and Ngata, who I think highly of, was simply taken care of.

Per Adam Schefter 5 players selected had pro bowl incentives earned, Matthew Slater is one of them adding $300K to his bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back