PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl Voting Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vrabel. And drop the last 4 from that list, they don't deserve it.

I don't know that Samuel has had a pro bowl season. I like your other choices. I'd vote Rodney in. Definitely looking Pro bowl lately.

I love Rodney, but I was thinking the games he missed due to being suspended would hurt his chances.

I love Rodney, but I was thinking the games he missed due to being suspended would hurt his chances.

Cheaters who are caught and suspended aren't eligible. But Rodney is having a great year.

Vrabel. And drop the last 4 from that list, they don't deserve it.

I don't know that Samuel has had a pro bowl season. I like your other choices. I'd vote Rodney in. Definitely looking Pro bowl lately.

Rodney is ineligible due to his suspension for HgH. The Shawne Merriman rule.

I believe Bruschi is getting votes based on lifetime achievement, given he was snubbed on multiple occasions when he clearly deserved it.

Asante is getting it based on last season, which is often the case. Ditto Light, not because he was special last season, but because he ended up there as like the third injury alternate.

Welker was leading as a kick returner for a time. He certainly deserves to make it based on his dual performances.

I believe Jarvis Green was second behind Freeney and should get in based on Freeney being IR'd. That would be something for a backup...

I hope Hanson doesn't make it the the probowl. He doesn't deserve it.

Well, the fan portion of the Pro Bowl voting is done, with the coaches and players portion to be completed today.

Per the fan voting, the Patriots have:

1. The AFC's #1 QB Tom Brady
etc.
Brady beat Manning by a scant 4.4%. What happened to the vaunted New England online ballot box stuffers? Red Sox players always get a lot more votes than they probably deserve. Brady is the one guy (well, Moss) for which it would be a travesty if he didn't get the start. 4.4%, and less votes than a midwestern team guy (Favre) got. Guess it's still primarily a baseball town back there. I voted as often as I could. I do see that some Pats did score very highly but weren't justified. Weird.

brady, moss, vrable,samuel,wilfork,gostkowski,green,light ahhh hell,the whole damn team!!!!!:) :)

BTW, I also think the NFL inadvertently split the votes for Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork. In their infinite wisdom, only Seymour was listed as a defensive end. They listed Warren as a tackle, same as Wilfork.

If Warren was listed as a DE (as he has been used all year), he would have cleaned up in that category. Once he lumped in with Vince, you had half the people saying Vince deserved the vote and half saying that Ty deserved it. I think it screwed up both guys' votes.

I watched a few games from my dvr including the steelers game and bru + sanders are the one tackling the RB . I do not see the hate bru gets.He was non existint last 2 seasons but this year he is playing in good form and with colvin down is playing good. and covering RB which what he does.

Played part time till colvin went down....and yet some explain how he is not playing in probowl level

player leading in total tackles - 78 - bru
player leading in solo tackles - 53 - bru
player leading in assit tackles - 25 - bru
sacks - 2

I watched a few games from my dvr including the steelers game and bru + sanders are the one tackling the RB . I do not see the hate bru gets.He was non existint last 2 seasons but this year he is playing in good form and with colvin down is playing good. and covering RB which what he does.

Played part time till colvin went down....and yet some explain how he is not playing in probowl level

player leading in total tackles - 78 - bru
player leading in solo tackles - 53 - bru
player leading in assit tackles - 25 - bru
sacks - 2

The Middle Linebacker is supposed to get a lot of tackles and in a 3-4 he gets even more. I am sure there are many out there that are better at analyzing the defense but I am sure i am correct on this. On run plays the lineman eat up the blockers and the linebackers make the tackle. Short passes also involve the LBs. Looking at your stats compaired to the rest of the NFl I think he is tied for 45th place in total tackles. I am not saying Bruschi is bad at all and I am happy with how he has played overall but is he playing the best out of all middle LBs in the AFC?

I do not want to be put into a position of bashing him. I am a big fan. Also I am glad that he is selected. Like I said before, there are always players that get in because evryone knows them and it is OK with me that he got in. There were years that he should have been in the probowl and wasnt selected also. I just think based on this years play their are better chooses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing