PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players (merged many times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players

Trade Meriweather. We might get decent value and keep our own players healthy to avoid him clattering them. McCourty, Chung and Page have taken whacks the last 2 weeks.

McCourty :rocker::rocker:

one of those 3 NFC qbs will be playing a week later, so there's Rodgers' spot.

Re: Meriweather made Pro-Bowler again

That's absolutely ridiculous. Horrible.

Are Freeney and Mathis really THAT good to be both of the STARTING DEs....

This just shows that Patriots fans should value Meriweather more.
Is he playing at a Pro-Bowl level? Probably no. But he is playing at an above average level.
Really happy with Devin and Mayo.

6 Patriots named to AFC Pro Bowl team, tied for 4th most in franchise history.

Brady, Wilfork, Mankins, Mayo, McCourty & Meriweather
from Patriots fan page on FB.

Last edited:

Are Freeney and Mathis really THAT good to be both of the STARTING DEs....

I'd take Mario Williams before either (Freeney is close though), but I'm really not following the Texans this year to know of he's playing well.

This just shows that Patriots fans should value Meriweather more.
Is he playing at a Pro-Bowl level? Probably no. But he is playing at an above average level.
Really happy with Devin and Mayo.

No, it shows that the rest of the NFL world know nothing about the Patriots.

No coincidence that Sanders gets ill and Meriweather gets more play and has to help Arrington with his double coverage. Arrington promptly concedes 3 big plays in that half.

He really is horrible. I'd say he's playing Deltha O'Neal horrible right now.

Good for McCourty, but wtf mate? with Manning in there. Stupid fan vote.

Brady won't play in the Pro Bowl, whether the Pats advance to the SB or not. I think that's how Cassel will get in.

Puzzled by the Meriweather pick. Only because I thought he was benched in favor of Sanders and Chung. But I guess it's showing the respect he's earned around the league. I'll take it.

Re: 6 Patriots named to AFC Pro Bowl team, tied for 4th most in franchise history.

Was hoping Gronk would get the honor, oh well.

Re: 6 Patriots named to AFC Pro Bowl team, tied for 4th most in franchise history.

Brady,Brady, Wilfork, Mankins, Mayo, McCourty & Meriweather

Brady is going twice?? :rocker:

Just kidding, awesome to see D-MaC get his due, man was he a great pick!

Brady,Brady, Wilfork, Mankins, Mayo, McCourty & Meriweather
McCourty making it as a rookie is very impression.

Nnamdi is an example of how this is a hype fest. Is he a pro bowl corner, yeah. But he's not having a pro bowl season in 2010. No picks, 6 passes defensed, 17 solo tackles and 2 assists...

Merriweather likely got more votes for his illegal hit than anything else he's done here this season... The coaches and players are as bad at this as the fans.

Poor Cassel, o well:( Brady will be in dallas anyways so that should leave Cassel a spot.
Wow, what's with all the hubris these days? This is hardly the first such post I have seen referencing the Pats being in the SB. The playoffs haven't even started yet! I love my team and like their chances, but the playoff games still have to be played. This is still the youngest defense and, more importantly, a team of young players who will be entering this atmosphere for the first time. Heck, the Pats lost the SB a few years ago with a far nor experienced team, especially defensively. Top seeds have fallen before, friends. Let's not buy the hype.

To the OP, sorry for hijacking the thread. I just can't stand people already crowning the team with another regular season game to be played.

Last edited:

Nnamdi is an example of how this is a hype fest. Is he a pro bowl corner, yeah. But he's not having a pro bowl season in 2010. No picks, 6 passes defensed, 17 solo tackles and 2 assists...

Merriweather likely got more votes for his illegal hit than anything else he's done here this season... The coaches and players are as bad at this as the fans.

That'll be because no-one threw Nnamdi's way.

Glad to see McCourty got some recognition, not sure what Merriweather has done to warrant a place though

i'm no Meriweather hater, but come on.

No, it shows that the rest of the NFL world know nothing about the Patriots.

No coincidence that Sanders gets ill and Meriweather gets more play and has to help Arrington with his double coverage. Arrington promptly concedes 3 big plays in that half.

He really is horrible. I'd say he's playing Deltha O'Neal horrible right now.

Fans vote, but players and coaches do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back