PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players (merged many times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players

Besides Brady, Wilfork, McCourty and Mayo are the most deserving to make the Pro Bowl from the Patriots.

If McCourty doesn't make it (I'd voted for him, Flowers and Leon Hall), then at least award him Defensive Rookie of the Year. Especially, if he can finish the regular season leading the league in interceptions. In my opinion, he needs two more to sway more votes in his favor. Still, being named to a Pro Bowl as a rookie is more rewarding since your peers get to vote.

Guess the Patriots Pro Bowlers

Yes, we know they wont be going to the Pro Bowl.

Yes, it's a popularity contest.

But, let's play guess the Patriots in the Pro Bowl.

I'm going for 6.

Brady and Wilfork are definites.
Mayo is a very likely.
McCourty as the 3rd CB has a very good chance.
Gronkowski has a lot of TD's and like McCourty has a good chance in a sparse AFC TE division.

Then I go for 1 from: Mankins at Guard, Tate at KR, Chung at S.

Re: Guess the Patriots Pro Bowlers

I betcha it's only Brady and Wilfork. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I'll be. Nobody else is well known enough (or has done enough this year in the case of veterans) to be recognized in the popularity contest.

I betcha it's only Brady and Wilfork. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I'll be. Nobody else is well known enough (or has done enough this year in the case of veterans) to be recognized in the popularity contest.

Same, maybe Tate over Brad smith as kick returner though.

This is more of a "hope" list rather that a "prediction" list:

1. Brady (of course)

2. Big Vince

3. Mayo (the one who people here said would never become a playmaker)

4. Gronk (only one other TE with more TD grabs)

5. D. Mac (I'm scared about how good this stud corner will be)

6. Mankins (beast)

7. Chung (I know he hasn't been as dominant of late, but the defense is noticeably different when he's not in)

I know I will get flamed for leaving Welker off, but so many other receivers in the AFC just balled out. Also, Hernandez does deserve considerable mention.

Pretty much. From the perspective of other fans the Pats are really just a bunch of scrubs with an evil genius for a coach and a guy who made a deal with the devil at QB. Except the ones who think Vick is MVP, when all of a sudden the Pats have a great defense and a bunch of stars on offense.

Oh, don't forget that they're a bunch of cheaters too. That's the haters' favorite line.

If the glass is half full ... I say 7

Brady
Wilfork
Mayo
BJGE
Gronk
McCourty
Mankins

Outside chance would be Vollmer.

Tom Brady, Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo, Devin McCourty.

None. They will be too busy getting ready to play in the superbowl.

Brady,Light, Vince, Mayo, Mcourty, and Chung.

This is an interesting year for us and the ProBowl. I think we're going to get a couple of surprises and a couple of disappointments.

In:

Brady
Wilfork
Mankins

Surprise In:

McCourty
Gronkowski

Surprise Out:

Mayo
Welker

Out but Deserving:

Chung

Mayo deserves to go, but I have the oddest feeling he doesn't. I have trouble envisoning none of our TEs going with all the talk about them, so I'm betting on Gronk. McCourty I think goes too. Mankins has been a beast, but he's played so little I don't think he should go (but bet he will). Welker, though predicted to be in because of his high profile, I'm guessing misses too. I think Chung deserves consideration and doesn't get it.

If the glass is half full ... I say 7

Brady
Wilfork
Mayo
BJGE
Gronk
McCourty
Mankins

Outside chance would be Vollmer.

Unfortunately, Green-Ellis has ZERO CHANCE. There's Arian Foster, Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Peyton Hillis all ahead of him in the Pro Bowl pecking order.

For some reason, my gut tells me that Brady and Wilfork are the only locks for the Pro Bowl, although Mayo and McCourty should be as well. I think it could go either way for those two.

I think Mankins, Gronk, and Chung have an outside shot, most likely probably Chung and Mankins.

I'm surprised that everyone is expecting McCourty. I understand that he leads the league in picks but I cant see him making it as a rookie.

Brady, Wilfork, Mayo, Light and Koppen.

There aren't many individual offensive linemen in the AFC getting a ton of press, so I figure Light and Koppen will reap the rewards of the unit's overall success. I think McCourty and Gronk will both end up just on the outside looking in. I think reputation alone make Revis and Asomugha locks, and since McCourty didn't make the list of top rookie vote-getters in the fan tally, I'm thinking his profile hasn't risen enough to push him over guys with more standing in the league. Gronk did end up one of the top rookie vote-getters, and his TD total will get noticed, but ultimately I think he's got too many older guys who've gained a lot more yards ahead of him. He and Hernandez will split votes much the same way they've split receptions.

Last edited:

None. They will be too busy getting ready to play in the superbowl.

As I said in the first post.

They wont be going to the Pro Bowl.

It's a guessing game, no big deal.

Belichick wont care any less if you take a guess :eek:

Surprised at how many people are saying Mankins given that he sat out the first 7 games of the season. No doubt he's playing at a Pro Bowl level (as he always does) but the fact that he missed so many games will likely go against his chances of being chosen.

Brady, Wilfork, Mayo, McCourty, and Gronkowski all have good chances, for reasons previously mentioned.

Welker's stats are borderline, and I'm guessing he won't quite make it (nor deserve to).

Given how well the Pats' offense has done, voters will look for a way to honor the Pats' O-line. The tackles are the obvious choices, but normally the selections are heavy on left tackles, so Vollmer would have to be a longshot.

I'll guess Light makes it, especially since I'm guessing he's personally popular around the league (funny guy, player rep in a year where players care about the union, etc.)

Last edited:

BTW, when will the teams be announced?

Ok, my final prediction is Brady,Wilfork, and Mayo. Will be fun to come back to this thread when the officials picks are in. Are they doing it this week or what? Usually they announce the teams by now don't they?

Does fan voting count for everything in the probowl (I'm not really familiar with pro bowl voting)?

Best guess:

Brady
Wilfork
Mayo
Mankins
McCourty

Chung I don't think has been good enough/healthy enough. Hernandez probably stops Gronk from making it. Maybe everyone else in this topic knows something I don't but if Mayo, the leading tackler in the NFL, doesn't make the probowl that will make it an even dumber event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes