PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl voting: Brady 3rd? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's hilarious that a QB could throw 60 TDs in a season and get stiffed by the fans. That would end the argument about how relevant the probowl is.

That would end the argument about the aggregate IQ of NFL fans. In comparison, George Bush looks like a college graduator.

The probowl is for the fans - thats why the fans vote for the starters and not the press/coaches. Honestly, Favre has been a staple of this league since Brady was in high school. Favre also has a team at 7-1 who was predicted to have less wins than that the entire year.

As for Manning, that is just plain dumb. But he is coming off the superbowl that always helps.

Oh, the irony.

Quite possibly intentional.

Even those people who for some unaccountable reason think Bush is one of the 40 best presidents in US history have to agree he mangles his words from time to time.

Besides, Bush *is* a college graduate.

I don't either, but it is a nice little plum and players might have a shot once in their career.

Don't put yourself out, though.:rolleyes:

Right.

Brady may not care at this point, but I bet Vrabel would.

There should be no voting, the NFL should get all the stats together of all the players, and the best go to the bowl.

Is this sarcasm?

If not, what are you going to use as stats for offensive guards? Holding penalties?

You know wh oshould really be pissed is Derek Anderson who is playing better than Manning, at least statiscally. You could argue that both Big Ben and Anderson should go to the bowl over Manning, sides how many trips should the guy get anyway? This might be Anderson's only shot.

I voted for Anderson.

And I didn't bother thinking too hard about whether he deserved it over both Manning and Ben R. I just thought it would be nice for him. :)

Last edited:
Question from an outsider: is this just a matter of Boston being more of a baseball town than a football town as far as overall fan dedication level? I know the TV ratings are obviously higher for the Pats than the Sox, but it seems like the overall passion towards the team is in the Red Sox favor. Case in point this voting, Brady is off to the hottest start of any NFL quarterback ever, and the fan base doesn't have him tops at his position? This is the same city that had Nomar out in front in the 04 AllStar voting over Jeter (who I'd say is just as national a figure as Manning or Favre) and that was when Nomar hadn't played a game, let alone played flawlessly.

I think it's because the Red Sox have a more established history and have a far broader national following than the Patriots. For the most part, the Patriots are hated everywhere outside of New England.

Question. If a player is voted to the Pro Bowl but declines to go will he still be credited as a pro bowl selction for that year?

Also if a player is voted in as an alternate due to an injury (Brady was last year actually I think, but declined himself) does he get credited as being a Pro Bowl player that year?

When I mean credited, I mean among their all-time stats it would add to the number of Pro Bowls category.

Yes to the first, no to the second.

Question. If a player is voted to the Pro Bowl but declines to go will he still be credited as a pro bowl selction for that year?

Also if a player is voted in as an alternate due to an injury (Brady was last year actually I think, but declined himself) does he get credited as being a Pro Bowl player that year?

When I mean credited, I mean among their all-time stats it would add to the number of Pro Bowls category.

The way I understand the rules, you are officially considered a Pro Bowler if:
(A) You are among the initial group of selections, whether you play or not, or
(B) You are invited as an alternate, and actually attend.

So, for example, Matt Light is considered a Pro Bowler for last season, but Brady is not (since he declined the invite as an alternate).

Last edited:
The probowl is for the fans - thats why the fans vote for the starters and not the press/coaches. Honestly, Favre has been a staple of this league since Brady was in high school. Favre also has a team at 7-1 who was predicted to have less wins than that the entire year.

As for Manning, that is just plain dumb. But he is coming off the superbowl that always helps.

Just to add one more nugget to this assessment: the fans voted Brady into the Pro Bowl last year. It was the players and insiders who voted him out.

Yeah. The one with initials "GOP". :D

Well, you also have the Log Cabin guys and their free passes through secret white house "entrances" in the dead of night.

"While quarterback Tom Brady has amassed the third-highest vote total among all players, he remains behind Colts signal-caller Peyton Manning for the top AFC spot in fan voting. Packers quarterback Brett Favre is the league's top vote-getter among fans, with 458,837 votes."

boston.com link

This is definitely the most insulting,disrespectful, degrading, and ludicrous thing that I have ever seen in professional sports all star "voting." Who the f**k would put 6 INT Pay-a-ton above Tom? Brady has finally shown that he is the better QB this year.....and still NO respect......That's OK....Pats will draw off of it.......

Brady didn't finally show he was better than that whiny little horsefaced girl, Paylee...he's already been that for years....3 rings Brady...one tainted Polian fixed ring Payzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes