PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl Roster released, Pats have most players selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Along with the 49ers. Sorry for the crappy format, paste didn't do well.
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d5d82578253/article/2012-pro-bowl-rosters

NO TEBOW! I'm Shocked! Shocked! Total shocker there

/sarcasm

===========================================================

AFC Offense Position Player(s)

Quarterback * Tom Brady, New England, Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh , Philip Rivers, San Diego

Running back * Ray Rice, Baltimore, Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville, Arian Foster, Houston

Fullback * Vonta Leach, Baltimore

Wide receiver * Wes Welker, New England, * Mike Wallace, Pittsburgh, A.J. Green, Cincinnati, Brandon Marshall, Miami

Tight end * Rob Gronkowski, New England, Antonio Gates, San Diego

Tackle * Joe Thomas, Cleveland, * Jake Long, Miami, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, N.Y. Jets

Guard * Logan Mankins, New England, * Brian Waters, New England, Marshal Yanda, Baltimore

Center * Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh, Nick Mangold, N.Y. Jets

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense
Position Player(s)

Defensive end * Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis, * Andre Carter, New England, Elvis Dumervil, Denver

Interior linemen * Haloti Ngata, Baltimore, * Vince Wilfork, New England, Richard Seymour, Oakland

Outside linebacker * Terrell Suggs, Baltimore, * Von Miller, Denver
, Tamba Hali, Kansas City

Inside/midde linebacker * Ray Lewis, Baltimore, Derrick Johnson, Kansas City

Cornerback * Darrelle Revis, N.Y. Jets, * Champ Bailey, Denver, Johnathan Joseph, Houston

Free safety * Ed Reed, Baltimore, Eric Weddle, San Diego

Strong safety * Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special teams Position Player(s)
Punter Shane Lechler, Oakland

Placekicker Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland

Kick returner Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh

Special teamer Matthew Slater, New England

Last edited:
What!? No Patriots at safety? Maybe we need a new category "Street FA". We'd dominate.

No Ross Ventrone ??????????

No kidding. I mean, if there's going to be a Pro Bowl position for full back, why not one for Practice Squad player?

I'm just so happy for Waters and Carter. Two castaways from other teams making it back. That's awesome.

I'm a little bummed about Ross though. Tiquan too..... musta just miss the cut.

No Aaron Hernandez?

I was wondering who the third AFC QB would be. I had it between Andy Dalton and Tim Tebow. I shouldn't have overlooked the power of the popularity contest though. I mean, Philip Rivers? In fact, I figured a popularity contest would still go in Tebow's favor. Oh well. Just goes to show how bad the QB quality is in the AFC without Manning and Shaub.

They were going to vote him in but they decided not too because in the middle of the flight to Hawaii they would have to have an emergency landing in an airport somewhere out midwest just to let Ross off and then have to go back to that same airport and pick him up on the way home :cool:

Its official. We are the Colts.

Said in jest but its funny how in 01-06 Pats were thin on the PB roster. Now they are the roster.

I would love to find out in history of how many NFL teams that had the most amount of pro bowl selections and made it to the Super Bowl that year?

Can't find any answers

Hernandez is probably the biggest snub. I think Matt Light has had a better year than D'Brickishaw Ferguson who clearly got in based on reputation. Not that I think Light should have got it, but he was more deserving.

Along with the 49ers. Sorry for the crappy format, paste didn't do well.
NFL.com news: 2012 Pro Bowl rosters

NO TEBOW! I'm Shocked! Shocked! Total shocker there

/sarcasm

===========================================================

Quarterback * Tom Brady, New England, Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh , Philip Rivers, San Diego

Running back * Ray Rice, Baltimore, Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville, Arian Foster, Houston

Fullback * Vonta Leach, Baltimore

Wide receiver * Wes Welker, New England, * Mike Wallace, Pittsburgh, A.J. Green, Cincinnati, Brandon Marshall, Miami

Tight end * Rob Gronkowski, New England, Antonio Gates, San Diego

Tackle * Joe Thomas, Cleveland, * Jake Long, Miami, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, N.Y. Jets

Guard * Logan Mankins, New England, * Brian Waters, New England, Marshal Yanda, Baltimore

Center * Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh, Nick Mangold, N.Y. Jets

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense
Position Player(s)

Defensive end * Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis, * Andre Carter, New England, Elvis Dumervil, Denver

Interior linemen * Haloti Ngata, Baltimore, * Vince Wilfork, New England, Richard Seymour, Oakland

Outside linebacker * Terrell Suggs, Baltimore, * Von Miller, Denver
, Tamba Hali, Kansas City

Inside/midde linebacker * Ray Lewis, Baltimore, Derrick Johnson, Kansas City

Cornerback * Darrelle Revis, N.Y. Jets, * Champ Bailey, Denver, Johnathan Joseph, Houston

Free safety * Ed Reed, Baltimore, Eric Weddle, San Diego

Strong safety * Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special teams Position Player(s)
Punter Shane Lechler, Oakland

Placekicker Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland

Kick returner Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh

With the way they talk about our defense, I'm amazed anyone made it from our D. Congrats Carter and Big Vince !

With the way they talk about our defense, I'm amazed anyone made it from our D. Congrats Carter and Big Vince !

Our D has a few individuals who have played great all season. Arrington has shined, Carter and Anderson have obviously played great, Mayo and Wilfork are the most consistent, but when only 3 or 4 on the field are playing at a higher level all of the time, the defense is going to look awful as a unit.

Quarterback * Tom Brady, New England,
Wide receiver * Wes Welker, New England
Tight end * Rob Gronkowski, New England
Guard * Logan Mankins, New England, * Brian Waters, New England,

Defense
Position Player(s)
Defensive end * Andre Carter, New England
Interior linemen * Vince Wilfork, New England

Hopefully they will need replacements for all of these guys......

Antonio Gates? Really?

Hernandez 72 receptions 772 rec yds 6 Td's

Gates 59 receptions 672 rec yds 6 Td's

I suppose the voting closed just before his 129 yd receiving game against the Broncos in week 15 which easily put him in the drivers seat of the 2nd pro bowl TE.

Are they going to move the Probowl back to after the SB? It makes so much more sense there. After all, the teams in the Superbowl usually have a few Probowl worthy players on them

wow, that's a lot of players that will need to be subbed for....

The 1 Probowl nod that hurts the most: Dashon Gholdson

As Brilliant as the Pats were for signing Brian Waters, they were equally as inept for letting Gholdson leave Foxboro without a contract.
ESPECIALLY knowing our situation at Safety, and their opinion of the (then) current depth at the position.

How much better would the Pats Defense look with him in at Safety? The answer to that is the answer to how bad should the Pats be kicking themselve for not shelling out a few more Sheckles for a solid (now Probowl) starting Safety :bricks:

I guess this means that most people among fans and the mediots don't give us much of a chance in the postseason and so don't hate our guys as much as they usually do...nothing like a potential fourth Lombardi for Belichick and Brady to bring out the haters in full force. I kind of think of Pro Bowl votes as consolation prizes for teams that people don't think are going anywhere; the eight selections from the 'niners being a case in point.

PS: that's only 50% serious and includes 40% cynical and 10% tongue-in-cheek so you can calibrate your post if your gonna reply. Considering I wrote it at 3:45 in the morning, it's probably also 100% incoherent...but, hey, it's a free country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes