PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl: How would you fix it?

I wouldn't fix it I would kill it . I would announce the players every year who make the team and that would be the end of it. I don't find anything entertaining about the pro bowl

I wouldn't fix it I would kill it . I would announce the players every year who make the team and that would be the end of it. I don't find anything entertaining about the pro bowl.
I wouldn't fix it I would kill it . I would announce the players every year who make the team and that would be the end of it. I don't find anything entertaining about the pro bowl.

can't say it enough...

Kill the Pro Bowl, but choose "All Star" teams and invite them to Hawaii. Have a kind of end-of-season awards, interviews and highlights show (like the BBC's Sportsperson of the Year awards or the Oscars) with perhaps some skill competitions. Broadcast it the Sunday after the Superbowl.

You Brits are so media savvy...why didn't any Yanks think of this?

Remember the Superstars competition?
Do that.

Have each team contribute 4 million per year into a probowl game pool. Total of 128 million will be raised. Players on winning team each get 2,000,000 and players on losing team get 500,000 the remaining $18,000,000 left in the pool is used to put huge one game insurance policy's on each player in case they are injured. It would turn a lame game into a playoff like atmosphere and they could recoup that money easily. Obviously play the game after the SuperBowl as well and keep the system of captains selecting teams.

Sounds like a good idea, I'd also like to add that maybe they can try out rules and changes they are thinking of implementing there too.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually enjoyed the Pro Bowl this year. Naturally, I had no rooting interest either way and the DB's were trying to make plays on the ball instead of laying receivers out (Weddle probably could have put a few people in the hospital if he had hit them like it was a regular game), but it was refreshing that they were actually playing some semblance of defense. If it were killed then I honestly wouldn't care either, though.

Way ... wayyyyy outside the box

1 - Players are voted in using the current method

2 - AFC vs NFC format remains

3 - Skills competition

4 - the game is played by kids - Pop Warner or High School (or both - a 30 minute game each). Each kid wears the jersey number / name / helmet of one of the Pro Bowlers. The winners each take home a 5k scholorship, losers 2k.

the skills competition and the old timers game was the only thing I liked about the NFL all star weekend and they took that away,

make it a two day event like the NBA all star weekend, Saturday afternoon old timer/celebrity flag football game at 4pm skills competition and sunday ( after the super bowl ) the pro bowl game and keep it unconferenced I liked that

Eliminating the pro bowl is the only fix.

I don't understand why it needs to be "fixed" at all. Who actually cares about the Pro Bowl?

here..let me fix this...

1322349674_flame_thrower.gif

i never see it; personally i would not complain if it was deleted or if it was played in another continent to promote the NFL

Why not make it more like baseball?

Instead of adding extra games to the season, introduce an additional bye week midway through the season. Each team gets their regular bye week, and then every team gets this additional week off. It creates another week of income potential for owners and some rest time to heal up the majority of players for the season.

The AFC plays the NFC for rights to home field advantage in the super bowl. The fan base of the super bowl team in the winning conference does not get priority to buy tickets, but rather the advantage of easy access to the home stadium where the super bowl will be held. This hopefully creates a higher percentage of fans for the home team, but not typically as much as a regular home game where tickets are primarily available to one fan base first.

This gives fans a legitimate rooting interest in the pro bowl and incentives for players to actually put in effort.

The only downside being that the location for the super bowl will be determined two weeks before the actual date. I don't think this will stop die hard fans from making travel plans. It also introduces more cold weather stadiums and mixes things up. Pro bowl voting will also have to be held earlier in the season.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back