Welcome to PatsFans.com

Prison guards guilty in prison rape case

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Aug 18, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I sense an anti-police ... anti-military ... anti-security bias here wes. All these threads along with your below signature shows a forum agenda ... boo to you for that and I think both mods need to have a word with you ... IMO of course.

3. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Blaming the messenger is always used by the weakest person in the forum .You are free to have your opinions about diffferent topics, so DO I .:rolleyes:
  4. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

If he had stopped for the police in the 1st place he would have gotten a ticket and been on his way.
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

EXPOSED .... wes ... and you're too chicken-sh!t to admit it. As far as being weak wes ... I've posted more threads in this forum without links then you ever have or ever will. Without links you have no game. Which by the way is why you needle the mod ... your tank is empty.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

So not stopping for police justifies what reads like a how not to be a corrections officer.. you are talking an 18 year old being detained for a speeding ticket and eluding, and then because the guards were beasts they allowed him to be raped.. and then paraded him naked in front of other criminals.

These guys deserve at least 2 life terms.. there are civil rights violations all over this article.. he should have been put aside and released.. then allowing him to shower unsupervised with felons.. then parading him naked in front of other inmates.. not sure what planet you come from.. do you know that it is illegal to strip search a prisoner who has not been accused of a violent offense??...

I hope you never have a 18 year old who is out there driving... or who gets stopped by the police, if you do tell him to tighten up his butthole. The County was smart and settled for 1.4 million, if this had gone to trial it would have probably cost 2 or 3 times more.

A little more info on this case, this kid weighed 120 lbs... and was put in a cell with 14 other men.. a recipe for disaster.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  7. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I posted more threads with links then you ever have or ever will , i always back my opinion .Without links you have no game. Which by the way is why you needle the mod ... your tank is empty.

FTFY.
  8. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

There are basically two types of prison guards, the ones who are professional and treat the prisoners with respect, and the ones who end up becoming ass candy when a prison riot happens, these two seem to be the later.

There also is a BIG difference between a county "lock-up" and a prison. County jails are run basically by the elected Sheriff's deputies, who can be both good or bad.

Prisons are run by state or federal wardens, and usually have a much better guards.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

This is all true.

Just goes to show that there are good and bad in every place of society. Poor FBN can't understand that and seems to believe that the police, security, authority professions are just as likely to have scumbags as are nurses, doctors, and lawyers. They do rank above carnie folk, nursing home attendants and roofers, though.
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Wes you mostly post links and offer no opinion whatsoever so please for once tell us what you really think about our military, our government, our police and our society because based on what you choose to post about they're all greedy power hungry, killers that have never done a good deed in their lives. Based on your posts all they've ever done is horrible.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  11. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

What a stupid thing to say. How is this relevent to the conduct of the guards? If it wasn't for this kid, it probably would have been the next fresh teen to come their way.
  12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

His intent is to needle FTW ... it's transparent and childish at best.
  13. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

A key role of prison in our society is to act as a deterent to crime. If prisons were Holiday Inn Resorts they would not carry the intended deterent. My bet is that Jr. will think twice before trying to evade the police again.
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Think about what you are saying, an 18 year old speeding and eluding.. is raped because of the negligence of guards.. often what will happen is that whatever issue this kid has will only be made worse..why do you think the county settled for $1.4 Million with the kid?? They are lucky as it could have been much worse.

This is not a Holiday Inn Scenario, most prisons are not..
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

This type of stuff haunts me,.. but to say what you have said borders on insanity.. have to be mindful that this kid weighed 120 lbs.. there is a whole bunch of underlying stuff also falsifying records, lying to the FBI etc. this is not chump change stuff. This is not about Holiday Inn Stuff, the results is that two men are facing life terms in the Federal System and one other is facing 15 years for their involvement in this heinous crime.

more info:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/gr...nter-officers-guilty-civil-rights-violations/

This is what the supervisor admitted to and now faces up to 15 years in a federal penitentiary..

http://louisville.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel08/civilrights080808.htm

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My bet is that you're fu(king insane.:mad:
  17. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That was just as stupid as the first comment. Last time I hard, we lived in a civilized country. But I guess George Bush has changed all that. And by the way, another supposed key role of prison in our society used to be rehabilitation of criminals. Guess we can throw that idea out.
  18. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

And we'd save a lot of money not having a judicial system!
  19. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

OK, I thought that I possibly misread the article so I have read it again. I still feel he could have avoided all this if he had simply pulled over. Instead he decided to flee. Thankfully no innocents were injured as a result of his decision. Perhaps his dad should have taught him some self discipline and self respect before handing the keys over to him. Hopefully the dose of reality of prison life leads him to make better decisions in the future.
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

The kid was gang raped, how can you say no innocents were injured.. you are innocent until proven guilty.. that is not the reality of prison, that is the result of idiot jail guards who believe in prison bosses to do their job. It is the worst case of neglect I have heard in a very long time, the guards deserve life in fed pen without parole.