PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prisco's overrated/underrated list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully agree.

I can't wait to see what happens this year when AD works with some younger/faster guys and how they do with a fully healthy Seymour.

Also, does anyone else think we are going to be lights out on defense this year? I love the new mix and can't wait to see what happens with T Williams.

I think our D has definitely upgraded- Capers was the most enlightening move of all imo-I can't wait to see what he does and how he uses everybody.
They've also added even more versatility along with youth and speed.
I think they'll be a lot more physical too. Awhile back BB made a comment about how careful they'd been not to do anything which could be the least bit misconstrued,which must have involved some effort on their parts, but this year they'll be able to let that whole mindset go a little bit and bring back the smashmouth. I hope so anyway and I agree with you-they should be awesome :) It's going to be another loooong offseason.

Okay... let's try to figure out where the catches would come from for Watson. Don't tell me: We need to stop hitting Randy Moss quite so often? Welker? Stallworth had 40odd receptions and ended up "not making the cut." That's how prolific the 07 offense was. News flash: He might not snag many passes this year either, if Chad Jackson actually brings something to the table. Beyond that having WWW (white Wes Welker) in the mix means that your ball-control, underneath throws aren't going to tight ends.

Point 2: in New England, if you get moved point A to point B and produce in both positions, you ARE bringing what is expected. I just posted in a thread about being "sack happy." We're versatility happy. It's amazing that the sports media haven't gotten the memo on that fact.

Hey loook ma! We got the ILB spot shored up... you think that might help OLB numbers for AD? I do. If that means "sack monster" is in the game plan for AD, then you can measure him against that expectation... if on the other hand he is relied on to bring pressure, but even more so to set the edge, then it will be a more difficult call.

To be fair, I don't think anyone here can really say AT gave them what was really expected last year.

As someone who wanted AD as an ILB since Sept. 2006, I can safely say his play for the first year in the Pats system undoubtedly met my expectation.

Sorry Space. But you are misguided on this one. I think that Thomas performed better than expected
I guess it depends on whether you expected him to be an impact player or not.

To say that Thomas didn't live up to expectations says more about the irrational expectations that Patriots fans have than it does about the play of AD.
I would expect that with all the hype surrounding the signing of Thomas, and all that money he got, that he would have earned some of it by being more visible. After his INT for a TD in game 2, he wasn't a major factor. Hopefully he will improve this (second) year, but he wasn't worth the money he got last year.

That is just you talking out your arse.
I wondered who that was who kept sticking his face in my ass. Sorry about all the noise you heard. It was that fifth bean burrito. Should have quit after four.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye