PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prisco- Wonder of Welker article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article in general, worth reading. He doesn't think Revis can handle him and goes through "from where" Welker gets the stats Alp listed above.

Also:

OT: Look what he says about Meriweather (in the Welker article):

"6. New England cut former first-round pick Brandon Meriweather this summer because he struggled in coverage. The Chicago Bears signed him and now they are finding that out as well. He also missed tackles in the run game against the Panthers on Sunday. On a long first-quarter completion from Cam Newton to Steve Smith, Meriweather drifted inside and wasn't within 5 yards of Smith when he caught the ball. Merwieather was playing for the injured Chris Harris. The Bears better hope Harris gets healthy quickly."

I saw the video on Playbook-NFC and it was bad.

Last edited:
Strange to read that article and see this down near the bottom:
Hot Tub (Five guys playing well)

1. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: Four touchdown passes and two rushing touchdowns. Does it get any better?

2. Cowboys LB Sean Lee: He has been one of the better inside linebackers in the league so far this season.

3. Panthers WR Steve Smith: Is he happy Cam Newton is under center or because Rob Chudzinski is the new offensive coordinator?

4. Bears RB Matt Forte: He rushed for 202 yards and did it with some one-cut runs that were decisive moves.

5. Saints TE Jimmy Graham: His 10 catches vs. the Jaguars might be the start of what he can do. He has star potential.

So after praising Welker and noting that he's on a record-setting pace, he gives the nod to Steve Smith for being "hot". :confused:

Nice article in general, worth reading. He doesn't think Revis can handle him and goes through "from where" Welker gets the stats Alp listed above.

Also:

OT: Look what he says about Meriweather (in the Welker article):

"6. New England cut former first-round pick Brandon Meriweather this summer because he struggled in coverage. The Chicago Bears signed him and now they are finding that out as well. He also missed tackles in the run game against the Panthers on Sunday. On a long first-quarter completion from Cam Newton to Steve Smith, Meriweather drifted inside and wasn't within 5 yards of Smith when he caught the ball. Merwieather was playing for the injured Chris Harris. The Bears better hope Harris gets healthy quickly."

I saw the video on Playbook-NFC and it was bad.

How can anybody miss him?

Meri is a train wreck on and off the field.

After Further Review: Watching the wonder of Welker - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

so Pete outlined welker's catches against Oakland, and the thing that popped out at me was this, each catch went for the following yards, in order:

15 TD, 24, 21, 32, 4, 9, 19, 9, 28

wth? his ypc is absolutely mind blowing

I never read Prisco. Why? I know a FG can not be worth more than 3 points. No, really. The intentional safety game in Denver he said that Belichick turned his nose up at a long FG try. What he did not mention was they were down by 4, 5, or 6. Hey it has been a long time - I forget.

How can anybody miss him?

Meri is a train wreck on and off the field.

Have you seen Sergio play?

At any rate yeah Merri is mediocre and it just goes to show you if you put a couple of highly publiized illegal hits out there combined with espn, you can make a probowl with todays fan voting.

But right now he's better than most of the safeties we have out there in my mind.

I think Brady and Welker at this point have to be compared favorably to the likes of Manning and Harrison or Montana and Rice, or any of the other great pairings. Welker reads Brady as well as Brady reads Welker, and it's amazing what the two of them can do. Welker was great when he was in Miami, but put him with Brady and both he and Brady elevate the game to an astonishing level.

Have you seen Sergio play?

At any rate yeah Merri is mediocre and it just goes to show you if you put a couple of highly publiized illegal hits out there combined with espn, you can make a probowl with todays fan voting.

But right now he's better than most of the safeties we have out there in my mind.

"Right now" being the operative phrase. I think Belichik got rid of Meriweather because he knew that he could coach him up all day every day from here to eternity and when it matters most he will make the same mistakes he has been coached not to make every time, and he would rather go with a lesser player athletically and pay with some growing pains because he believes he can coach them to not make those mistakes in January. This defense is obviously a work in progress and what matters is how they play later this season, just as long as they can continue to win while they develop, and that's the gamble he is willing to take.

I really think Meriweather is a dumbass who will never get it and he will be out of the league 2 years from now because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back