PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prisco rips BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no no Pepe Prisco. Belichick wasn't giving a middle finger to the other coaches.
Belichick was giving a middle finger to mediots like you. Sweet!! :D

Last edited:
I, for one, am pretty much full of BB's nearly compulsive resistance to any meaningful comments. What secrets are there to give away - everybody in this league knows everybody else inside and out. Now, keeping mum on a specific game plan, sure that makes sense. But BB's "I did, I'll do what's best for the team" routine is bothersome.

I'm a fan all year. And yes I'd like to hear what the coach is really thinking at least once in a while. The part that makes me mad is that BB isn't some kind of nervous savant that can only deal with coaching, coaching , coaching, or else end up in a nursing home because he tried to be polite to reporters. BB knows exactly what he's doing all the time, he 's decided to be purposefully aloof and detached when dealing with the media 99% of the time.

It bugs me because BB must also realize that by dissing reporters he's also dissing fans to some degree. Like it or not, part of being a NFL HC is handling the press, and the press is there because millions of people are reading their stuff not because reporters like to get a good chuckle by asking Bill questions they know he won't answer.

(And don't give me the -hey winning is all that's matters - reply because they haven't won a SB in 6 years and they're 5-5 in playoff games since then, and 0-3 in their last 3 post season games). But I love BB as much as any Patriots fan out there, and that, more than any reason, is why he ought to give in a little and talk to us.

Last edited:
switch to being a Jets fan...problem solved

I think Brucie is on target..."If Belichick is snubbing someone, I suspect it might be the league, and specifically Roger Goodell. It's my opinion that there is a ton of behind-the-scenes animosity there, both from how things were handled in 2007, to Goodell's comments to Peter King prior to this year's Super Bowl. Belichick seems like he doesn't want to do a single thing he isn't required to do in these situations, and this was an example. He came down and talked later. On his own schedule."

I think there's LOTS of animosity from BB towards Goodell. I don't blame Bill a bit.

I'd agree with you and Bruce on all pts.

I, for one, am pretty much full of BB's nearly compulsive resistance to any meaningful comments. What secrets are there to give away - everybody in this league knows everybody else inside and out. Now, keeping mum on a specific game plan, sure that makes sense. But BB's "I did, I'll do what's best for the team" routine is bothersome.

I'm a fan all year. And yes I'd like to hear what the coach is really thinking at least once in a while. The part that makes me mad is that BB isn't some kind of nervous savant that can only deal with coaching, coaching , coaching, or else end up in a nursing home because he tried to be polite to reporters. BB knows exactly what he's doing all the time, he 's decided to be purposefully aloof and detached when dealing with the media 99% of the time.

It bugs me because BB must also realize that by dissing reporters he's also dissing fans to some degree. Like it or not, part of being a NFL HC is handling the press, and the press is there because millions of people are reading their stuff not because reporters like to get a good chuckle by asking Bill questions they know he won't answer.

(And don't give me the -hey winning is all that's matters - reply because they haven't won a SB in 6 years and they're 5-5 in playoff games since then, and 0-3 in their last 3 post season games). But I love BB as much as any Patriots fan out there, and that, more than any reason, is why he ought to give in a little and talk to us.

So you haven't been able to deal with the fact that Belichick hasn't spoken since yesterday?

I respect your opinion, but I certainly don't agree with it.

First off, I HATE when people say the press is an extension of the fans. It's not true, they are for themselves. You play by there rules and you by in large get favorable coverage. If you don't? Well, then they use their position to turn public sentiment against you. Selective journalism.

Allot of these "professionals" spend plenty of time building relationships, but if the moment calls for it, they will twist the knife in your back in the name of advancing a story. So, cry me a river with that BB be nice to the media garbage. In my opinion he treats them with the type of contempt they should be treated with.

Now, your last point, I don't respect your opinion. Very elitist fan attitude. The truth for those who have perspective would be very proud of the fact that our team is in CONSTANT contention. Despite not only a roster overhaul, but also a coaching, scouting, and front office overhaul as well. All this would cripple most organizations, while we just keep trucking along as the envy of the NFL. And in case your not paying attention, the future looks very, very bright.

But by all means, poo poo the minor bumps in the road now. In 10 years we could easily slip back to mediocrity, and I'll think back on these years as a fan very fondly, while feeling sorry for guys like you.

Mike Reiss said pretty much the same thing, and Ian Rapoport strongly endorsed it on Twitter.

Although I think Belichick should have showed up, who really cares?!? I am sure he is not the first head coach to ever missed one of these non-mandatory coaches' breakfast. Reporters and columnists are desperate to have any significant story that is not CBA related. If this was another coach and/or a typical offseason, this would be a non-story.

Here's how I feel:

Attachments

• world's smallest violin.jpg
    world's smallest violin.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 192
I just assumed he wasn't hungry

So BB gets ripped for a minor PC violation. Meanwhile 5 teams management (coaches) violate league rules with inappropriate contact with players, a competitive advantage. But BB is the story.

They are all lazy (mediots). I hope BB continues to give them the finger because it's exactly what they deserve.

Man, step out of line the tiniest bit and the kool-aid brigade comes down hard. If you noticed I said I'd like to hear BB have something meaningful to say (he said nothing even remotely interesting yesterday) once in while - so no, I don't need to become a Jets fan.

And to the point that the press isn't an extension of the fans - well, while I respect your opinion too, it isn't logical to think the press exists for any other reason than because fans are buying papers, clicking on websites, etc. The press can't be "for themselves" or they'd be volunteers on fishwrapper projects. The reason there are so many 'professionals' asking BB questions is exactly due to the fact that fans are demanding more and more coverage by following their favorite team 24/7.

Last edited:
So BB gets ripped for a minor PC violation. Meanwhile 5 teams management (coaches) violate league rules with inappropriate contact with players, a competitive advantage. But BB is the story.

LOL I love how other HC's are referred to as his peers. He doesn't have any in the present coaching fraternity...

You know why Mike Reiss landed at ESPN?? Bill...and Brady and Kraft. Same reason Felger landed on the radio and Big O still has a show. Bedard had a hard time with McCarthy bedside manner in GB, too. As did Rappaport with Saban's in Alabama... Yet they were drawn here like moths to the flame. Some day maybe the Boston media will reflect on what BB meant to their miserable careers... Yet the majority of these hacks and their peers have never truly had his back from the day he arrived to the present because god forbid anyone mistake them for HOF coaching toadies... .

LOL I love how other HC's are referred to as his peers. He doesn't have any in the present coaching fraternity...

You know why Mike Reiss landed at ESPN?? Bill...and Brady and Kraft. Same reason Felger landed on the radio and Big O still has a show. Bedard had a hard time with McCarthy bedside manner in GB, too. As did Rappaport with Saban's in Alabama... Yet they were drawn here like moths to the flame. Some day maybe the Boston media will reflect on what BB meant to their miserable careers... Yet the majority of these hacks and their peers have never truly had his back from the day he arrived to the present because god forbid anyone mistake them for HOF coaching toadies... .

Boston never had famous, successful writers before Belichick, Brady and Kraft?

Man, step out of line the tiniest bit and the kool-aid brigade comes down hard. If you noticed I said I'd like to hear BB have something meaningful to say (he said nothing even remotely interesting yesterday) once in while - so no, I don't need to become a Jets fan.

And to the point that the press isn't an extension of the fans - well, while I respect your opinion too, it isn't logical to think the press exists for any other reason than because fans are buying papers, clicking on websites, etc. The press can't be "for themselves" or they'd be volunteers on fishwrapper projects. The reason there are so many 'professionals' asking BB questions is exactly due to the fact that fans are demanding more and more coverage by following their favorite team 24/7.

a quick one line response is "coming down hard!!!!!!"?

images

Ummm...too bad.

Most of us don't feel "dissed" in the least.

Edited to add: I don't need 24/7 coverage. I need to see the games, know who's hurt, know who's cut...I could go the rest of my life without reading another writer's O-P-I-N-I-O-N. Most of these hacks have jobs because they're willing to say anything to get hits and the fans have absolutely no standards.

Last edited:
The problem with the press is they think they are more important than they really are, and when a player or coach does not answer them or meet with them they feel that person is insulting them. **** the press.

People are losing their minds over a guy sleeping in.

It's only a matter of time before it becomes snoozegate or alarmgate. What exactly does Prisco want? The commissioner to step in and investigate and take away a 1st round pick for nothing? Like that would ever hap...oh...

Go work on the CBA Goodell. Stay far, far away you mother****ing ****sucker.

Just because you want more meaningful information doesn't mean it exists. It is this attitude that gives us this type of drivel from Prisco et all and puts pressure on good writers like Reiss to do the same. He spoke yesterday...he spoke today. Everyone hung on his opinion regarding the kickoff rules from both days. What more do you expect from this time of year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes