PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prisco rates top 50 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kdo5 said:
Rodney Harrison not even in the notables category.

Vick?! Roethlisberger in top 20? After last year Favre on the list? This guy is a total joke. :rolleyes:

"35. Michael Vick, QB, Falcons: Once he improves his passing, he will be higher up this list. That has to happen soon for his team to get to a Super Bowl."

Hello earth to Prisco passing is what a QB does, so if "once he improves he will be higher"? WTF? You mean you can be #35 and not even be good at your job?

He obviously is a Colts apologist with his A** kissing of Manning, Freeney and then dissing James by saying he isn't nearly as good a back as some think.

I would also point out Ray Lewis at #10!!!!!

Peppers @ 13 is pretty funny.

yes, this was a highly entertaining read. many thanks.

pete prisco . *sigh.
just more fodder for the coldhardfootballfacts guys

The whole thing is a joke,but not meant to be.
You can't reasonably compare people at different positions and say who's the best.
Doesn't the scheme count,their tasks and responcibilities?
It's all "name recongition".
Prisco makes a list,who's good who's bad(He's paid either way)and if they play good or bad doesn't matter.
You realistically only can compare people to their postion and within a certain scheme.

pats-blue said:
"35. Michael Vick, QB, Falcons: Once he improves his passing, he will be higher up this list. That has to happen soon for his team to get to a Super Bowl."

Hello earth to Prisco passing is what a QB does, so if "once he improves he will be higher"? WTF? You mean you can be #35 and not even be good at your job?

He obviously is a Colts apologist with his A** kissing of Manning, Freeney and then dissing James by saying he isn't nearly as good a back as some think.

I would also point out Ray Lewis at #10!!!!!

Yeah no kidding. Michael Vick is the most overrated player the NFL has too offer. As for James, he just might have been the Colts MVP and I think people will find out just how much he did for that team.

This read did give me a good laugh. :lol:

Last edited:
Prisco is so ignorant about real football talent and contribution it's an absolute joke.

The list should be called:
The Top 50 Hyped Players

The only reason Tom Brady is so high on the list is because Prisco is all about hype and Brady IS becoming a hyped player.

He has an absolute love affair with Peyton Manning (you have to wonder). You just have to wonder if Manning never gets to the superbowl if it will break Prisco's heart. Probably not. It won't be his darling's fault - it will be the OL or some other part of the team that is responsible.

Freeney is also an absolute joke. He got almost all ZEROES against the top teams last year. His stats are built solely on weak teams (of which the Colts had a bunch last year) and games where the Colts get ahead and other teams are forced to the passing game. He is virtually non-existent against the running game.

Oh, well. One more pundit who is cannon fodder.

that was a gong show

Where's Deion Branch on that list?

With the pay he's looking for, you'd think he'd be somewhere on the Prisco's dumb list.

HAMMERMILL said:
Agreed without "Gene-Gene the dancing machine"(remember him-lol)
ahhaha very nice

Real dog poop would not make a better pile.

Chump Bailey is not the league's best cover corner. Saying that is just off the stupid chart.

Wow, Shaun Alexander at #20? Pretty tough.

JackBauer said:
Peppers @ 13 is pretty funny.
whats wrong with Peppers? Hes a beast..fast...big frame..even can drop back and cover.. i think thats fine

and this was already posted wasnt it..i mean the article is from may 30th and i could of sworn we had this discussion

Prisco's lists is a Who's Who of the biggest name players in the league. To Pete, performance takes a back seat to name recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes