PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prisco AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobAllan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Well, I thought Pete Prisco had seen the light. He FINALLY put the Pats #1 in the power rankings. It must've been half-hearted, though. I just read the picks for this weeks game at cbssportsline.com and... shock... Prisco picked the Dolphins to win.

I'm sorry, but if you believe the Pats are truly the best team right now, you wouldn't pick them to lose to the worst in the league. Especially after they've gone into rebuild mode mid-season.

I really hate that this guy gets paid for his thoughts on sports.

Well, I thought Pete Prisco had seen the light. He FINALLY put the Pats #1 in the power rankings. It must've been half-hearted, though. I just read the picks for this weeks game at cbssportsline.com and... shock... Prisco picked the Dolphins to win.

I'm sorry, but if you believe the Pats are truly the best team right now, you wouldn't pick them to lose to the worst in the league. Especially after they've gone into rebuild mode mid-season.

He actually just picked them to cover, not to win.

why does everyone get upset at these guys?? They are all the same whether their name is Prisco or Medaperrel. They are the contrary opinion most of the time they dont even believe in what they are saying or writing they just put it out there to be different. Take it with a huge grain of salt

He actually just picked them to cover, not to win.

That's odd. In their little statbox thing in the corner where it shows the picks for the games it has a Dolphins symbol under Prisco's name.

?

As for getting upset, I get upset with media-types all the time. And not just about football. I fully believe reporters should have some clue about what they report about. Call me old fashioned!

That's odd. In their little statbox thing in the corner where it shows the picks for the games it has a Dolphins symbol under Prisco's name.

?

As for getting upset, I get upset with media-types all the time. And not just about football. I fully believe reporters should have some clue about what they report about. Call me old fashioned!

The symbol just states who the think will cover against the spread. Here is what it says at the top.

CBSSports.com's NFL staff picks against the spread on every game every Wednesday for the upcoming week's games. Picks are based not on which team actually wins the game, but covers the spread. Spreads are subject to adjustment based on unforeseen factors. As such, picks are subject to change prior to games.

Last edited:
I'd say he's doing it just to get under your skin. Has he picked you all year? maybe he is trying reverse psych, really wanting you to go 16-0, and figures he can't lose if he picks against you.

I'd say he's doing it just to get under your skin. Has he picked you all year? maybe he is trying reverse psych, really wanting you to go 16-0, and figures he can't lose if he picks against you.
If prisco gets paid to help bettors make their picks, then he sucks at his job! I don't follow him, but if he has picked against the Pats every game this year vs. the spread, he'd be 0-6 on them.

The symbol just states who the think will cover against the spread.

Can't fault a guy much for taking the 17 points with Watson and Morris out and Maroney questionable. Plus Miami's run-first offense could slow things down a bit. No way would he pick them to win, I'm sure.

The P.P.C.C (Peytie's Prisco Colon Cleanser) needs to come up for air.

Prisco is a bum. Who cares what he thinks? He has been wrong all year!

A lot of gurus will take the Fins with that spread. No one will take Miami to win outright.

:singing: The Patriots will easily beat the Dolphins and clinch their division in November! They will be ranked #1 in all the power rankings, stay tuned... The Arizona desert is beckoning the Patriots for a February 3rd OASIS--XLII!

Last edited:
The Arizona desert is beckoning the Patriots for an OASIS in February at XLII. They will clinch their division in November!:rolleyes:

Yeah my bad for not reading the whole thing. I guess I owe Prisco an apology. That's a pretty big spread...

I can still get irked by the guy, though. LOL Maybe that's his job!

kinda bush league to care about where we're ranked or if we're predicted to lose a game...AND?:rolleyes:

Neither one of those things are important...to anyone who knows football

Bonzo the Coin-Flipping Monkey outpicked Prisco et al. through Week 5...not sure how he did last week, though...

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_1751_Bonzo_is_found_..._and_on_fire!.html

Frankly, we don't know how much better he could possible be. Bonzo, just by randomly picking winners by coin flip, is now 49-26 against the spread this year -- a 65.3 percent winning percentage that is definitely good enough for hum to start wearing expensive suits and talking to rich Saudi clients about his locks of the week. He's been over .500 every week of the season, which makes him a true model of random consistency.

The guys at CBSSports.com are actually doing pretty well -- Clark Judge is only two games behind Bonzo at 47-28, and Pete Prisco three games out at 46-29. But they're no match for a monkey.

Every year coming into the season when I make my "predictions" on the Pats record I always count the Miami game as a loss!

With that said I think this year is different!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes