Welcome to PatsFans.com

Prior to 9/11, Bush Was on Vacation 42% of the Time

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Jun 1, 2009.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Before 9/11 even happened, the Washington Post reported that since becoming President, Bush was on vacation a whopping 42% of the time while in office.

Just something to keep in mind whenever some psycho, biased, right-wing sheep (there are a lot here) posts some drivel about Obama doing something relaxing while in office.
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I got not problem with the O relaxing, only when he feels the need to spend $100,000 to do it.

How bout buying a bottle of Scotch and sitting in front of the tube for the night. It's cost's about $20-$30 bucks and doesn't require cost the taxpayers a cent.

That's what the rest of us have to do.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

If math serves me correctly, Obama would have to take the months of June, July, August and September off to bring himself up to speed with W.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

This is a right predictable day, first they want to determine who should live and die... now they want to tell the POTUS how to spend his free time.. bunch of control freaks.
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I wish he would, it'll probably save us a trillion or two.
  6. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

as opposed to the drivel that some psycho, biased, left-wing sheep (there are many out there) posts some drivel about Bush even though now he is irrelevant........

libbies are far worse
  7. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I bet he went golfing on Memorial day too.
  8. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Funny how anytime Clinton was brought up they'd scream, "He's not president anymore. Why do you keep bringing up Clinton? Bush is POTUS now. Get over Clinton" And now 4 months into Obama's reign what are we seeing? :rolleyes:
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

That's an old story maverick ... discussed here before ... not new info as it was reported in many media outlets.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...58494-boy-king-set-break-vacation-record.html
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Where does this data come from?
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

There you guys go again, comparing obama to Bush. Talk about a low standard.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

God Damn Bush
  13. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Love that this thread has two stars, while any crazy right-wing thread starts off immediately with 5 stars. The truth hurts, and it's a reflection of this board just how many crazies post in this political forum. Even scarier is how many of these modern Nazis can be found all over America nowadays. They cannot be convinced of their hypocrisies. They are just biased partisan sheep at this point.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

That made me laugh. Good one bud.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Boooooooooooooooooooooosh.
  16. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Bush was only mentioned in context of any comments that bash what Obama does with his leisure time.
  17. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

If only everyone could be as open minded and unbiased politically as you. :rofl:
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

It's amazing how much people are referencing Bush, in defense of Obama. Just amazing. Meet the new guy, same as the old guy? :confused2:

Btw, the point of some, isn't that time was taken off. The point is how much that time taken, cost the taxpayers. Obama has miles to go to catch up to Bush in the time department, but it's looking like he's going to lap him a few times when it comes to taxpayer cost. What was that line in the movie the Postman? "Things are getting better. Things are getting better everyday."
  19. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

RW since you're so concerned about money, do you even realize how much the Iraqi War is costing us every single day????

You should be flipping out as a fiscal conservative, over Iraq. But you didn't, and aren't.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I said before that if the decision were up to me in 2003, I wouldn't have gone in. I had this discussion with my brother who is a GOP bleeding republican. Wars are never what you think they'll be. That doesn't mean that I didn't see some merrits to going in (geopolitical change in the ME), post 9/11. I was probably 70/30 against it, maybe 60/40 on some days. What bothered me the most about Iraq, was the fact that the US was acting as an invader. That bothered me. We help people, and defend ourselves, but we don't invade. That was where I always came back to with my brother. How I feel about the war has been consistent, and still is. Once you broke it so to speak, you owned it. You can't invade a country, blow it to bits, and then leave it for dead. Especially if, as I believe, you are there to implement a long term strategy (GPC in the ME) in the first place. It sux, but that's reality. When you bang a brod without a condom, you can't pull out after the kid is born. Ideally you might wish you never put yourself in that position to begin with, but those are the breaks.

Oh, and IRAAAAAAAAAQ!!!!! What's Iraq got to do with the price of banana's? Why is it that everytime some criticism of current policy is made, people bring up Iraq, or George Bush? GW was a 3 out of 10 president. If you're going to hold Obama to the same standard, then we're totally screwed.