Welcome to PatsFans.com

Prince Obama Sets Off Orgasm

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

2. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah Matthews and MSNBC don't just like Obama.....

they LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOVE him!!

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Remember, folks... Fox News is biased but MSNBC is completely impartial..!!

4. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I haven't watched enough of the coverage of the debates on the respective news networks to make a full judgement yet, but I have to say that MSNBC so far sounds the most biased so far. They are just frothing at the mouth about Obama.

But this is why I don't usually watch any cable news. I read most of my news online. I get a lot of it here from people (PC, RW, Patters, etc.) I find that the range of political opinions gives me a nice healthy dose of both sides.

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its a temporary reaction to getting to hear someone skilled at public speaking after 7+ years of listening to Bush fumble and stumble and bumble about. Trust me by year 8 people will have long adjusted back to having a competent speaker in the White House and will only react to the content of his speeches, not the delivery. Think of how nice that very first real spring day is after a long miserable winter.

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's funny how you are essentially admitting that, right now, people are merely getting all wrapped up in the fact that he is a talented public speaker and nobody is listening to any sort of message (if there even is one).

7. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No Quiggy I'm not essentially admitting anything. Find some other thread to win.

The premiss of this thread is Chris Mathews busting a nut on national TV. A thought I find amusing so I commented accordingly. I know you wanna show off how big your e-penis is yet again; but sorry, I don't find that amusing.

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh kayyyyyyyyyyyyy.... somebody has gone off the deep end here, and it ain't me..... I think you need some rest. In a nice room wearing a shirt with sleeves so long you can hug yourself all day.... :rofl: :rofl:

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

I watch more MSNBC than anything else now. I watch Mathews and Tucker almost everyday, with the last 20 minutes of Britte Humme, and some O'Rielly if I'm not watching the Celtics/Bruins. MSNBC is blatantly pro-Obama. Matthews drools as it is, but when it comes to Obama he's like a waterfall. It's looking more and more like Obama is going to get the nomination, and it'll be interesting to see how he's portrayed, or reported on, by the media till November.

10. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Is it ironic that someone like yourself, who really doesn't care about the argument at all yet spends all day trying to win every thread that pops up here, even the goofy ones started by Harry, yet calls other people crazy?

Actually its not ironic, just stupid. You need to relax and lose this need to slay all your E-enemies.

11. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hil's still got the edge in superdelegates, but it does seem as if Obama is giving her a run for her money. And you know and I know how he'll be portrayed: the heroic, honest, breath of fresh air (which is true to a point) that can be the savior of this country (which remains to be seen, and I doubt). The media may like McCain now, but watch the 180-degree turn they take when it's general election time. It will be openly hostile, as it was to Bush in 2004. That's just the way it is.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

I listened to Obama last night, and he sounded like he did the last time, and the time before that. His speeches are sounding the same basically. They are very captivating, and he's truly phenomenal at giving them, but sooner or later he's going to have to give specifics. He doesn't have to now since it's still the primary. He will have to if he wins the nomination though. Ultimately that will be what makes or breaks him.

13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I listened to Obama,and McCain. I thought as far as the text of the speech McCains was better. Now ,if you gave Obama McCains speech he would have delievered it better. Obama is a real orator,where as McCain is flat,monotone not much emotion.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have to respectfully disagree with my good friend and esteemed colleague, RW, on this point. Unfortunately, as people like Deval Patrick have demonstrated, I believe you can win an election with absolutely nothing as far as specifics are concerned. Muffy had a very detailed, specific plan for what she wanted to do and Deval had nothing but campaign slogans (and a promise to lower property taxes that we're all still awaiting).

I call it a "Bumper Sticker Campaign"... Where your entire campaign platform and all the speeches you give consists of nothing but touchy-feely campaign slogans... "Yes, we can"... "Together we can"... "It's Time For Change"... etc...

15. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think that's a very good point. McCain can't really deliver, but has the substance. Obama can deliver ridiculously well but has no substance. He sure does get an A for oratory ability.

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Pretty talker thats all they care about, he gives them Orgasms when he speaks,

:bricks:

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

McCain gives a speech like a 4th grader reads a book out loud in class. He certainly won't win any Oscars anytime soon. Obama is MLK/JFk like. Truly a joy to listen to.

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

It's certainly possible Qui, but national elections are different than state elections. What might work in Mass won't work in Arizona, Florida, or Ohio persay. The national media, talk shows, newspapers, internet etc. all scrutinize & play a critical role in a presidential election, since candidates have to appeal to a broader range of voters, on a broader range of issues. That's not to say that being a smooth talker won't be enough though. It's just that specifics play a more prominant part than "together we can".

Plus, Healey was awful.

19. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Watch this video :"Just words"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cd-AJeJvBE