PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Price: Antonio Bryant may be on Pats' radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. I agree, no more of these guys. Lets go back to 2001, with a team of hard working, team oriented, classy overachievers. No sense dumping Adalius Thomas just to replace him with this guy.

To my knowledge, Bryant seemed to grow up when with the Bucs and I heard several reports when he was there that seem to back up that claim. I haven't heard of any tiff that he got into with Morris or Gruden when he was there either. If Bryant has gotten past his past, it would be a good move for us to make.

What's the likely price range for Bryant?

In the 10 years BB has run the draft, he has never drafted a WR in the first round.

In the 10 years BB has run the draft, history has proven that he shouldn't draft a WR in the 2nd round. ;).

deion branch sez hola

A fair price for Bryant would be somewhere between $4-5M per year, IMO.

If we had the chance to grab a WR of Antonio Bryant's caliber for 4-5 million a season, I'd be very happy. I like the way you think, Kontra.

I'm not sure if I share your optimism however. He made about 4 million/per after incentives back in 2006 on a 4 yr deal, and has resurrected his career since, except for last year when his numbers fell again under the Bucs' rookie QB.

Then there's always the chance his franchise money of 10 million last yr could've gone to his head a bit. Couple that with the fact that he's one of the best WR left in FA, and demanding attention from several teams at least, and I'd be happy to reel him in for 6-7 million per.

Since we don't have much to go on besides opinions, I'm hoping you're right, and we grab him at a reasonable price. With the high possibility of Moss' departure next year, we need to start looking for the future too, not to mention the obvious need for WR options this year.

Last edited:
I really wanted Boldin b/c I love the way he plays, but this guy would be a very nice consolation prize. I think he'd be a good complement to Moss. The only concern I have is his route running. Does anyone know if runs good routes? I've heard a few people say earlier on in his career he was lazy and kind of rounded off routes and didn't care.

I really wanted Boldin b/c I love the way he plays, but this guy would be a very nice consolation prize. I think he'd be a good complement to Moss. The only concern I have is his route running. Does anyone know if runs good routes? I've heard a few people say earlier on in his career he was lazy and kind of rounded off routes and didn't care.

That tune apparently changed in Tampa, although I have to admit that I'm not 100% familiar with his route running abilities. I can just go on what I've heard through both Bucs fans and the media.

deion branch sez hola

Receiving Stats
YEAR TEAM G REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
2002 NWE 13 43 489 11.4 49 2 22 0 0
2003 NWE 15 57 803 14.1 66 3 40 0 0
2004 NWE 9 35 454 13.0 26 4 27 0 0
2005 NWE 16 78 998 12.8 51 5 51 0

Wow, what a WR. Never broke a 1,000 yd mark in his NEP career. This is the best we could develop when Weis and Brady were gelling, meh.:rolleyes:

By the way Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson send their hello's too.

That tune apparently changed in Tampa, although I have to admit that I'm not 100% familiar with his route running abilities. I can just go on what I've heard through both Bucs fans and the media.

Yeah I know he seemed to grow up and finally start to "get it" in Tampa, but I still heard he got a little lazy/sloppy running his routes at times and dropped a few too many balls. I haven't seen him play enough to have an opinion on him, but from the times I have seen him he seems like a good add at around 4-5 million per year.

That's a good guess. It's close to what Burleson/Walter received. He actually may get more than both due to being the last young option left. He certainly would be a good signing at that price.

I don't want any part of him. Not even at 3 million.

Reports say its very likely that Bryant will be a Bengal by tomorrow evening,it appears the Bengals will try hard to sign him.

In addition to being an immature prima-donna Bryant will not help against the Jets. Revis will blanket and Cromartie will blanket Bryant. Actually I have to admit that I do not know how well Cromartie has done against Bryant but he is built to cover the big fast-but-not-quick WRs.

What are the odds that Bryant has a full-length fur coat? High I would say. Pimp-mobile car? Lots of child support payments? Big gun collection? Ick. the Bengals are a perfect place for him; he can fill in for Chris Henry.

The one and only good thing about signing Bryant is that the douches in the press such as Felger and Borges and Callahan would suddenly realize that Moss is a model citizen compared to Bryant and most other big WRs.

Scratch Randel-El off your wish list too. Apparently he's headed back to Pittsburgh.

Not to many recievers left... Reed , and mason that would be it..

I really hope the Patriots get some FA WRs while they still can; they have a bad track record drafting WRs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes