PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pretty safe to say we won't get flexed out [Update: Pats/Dolphins flexed out]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pretty safe to say we won't get flexed out

Yeah just posted that as well.

I think that's all Favre.

Can't say it bothers me, I always get to bed late when we play those night games which can screw up my whole week. But it sucks for those who won't get to see the game in their area now.

Can't say it bothers me, I always get to bed late when we play those night games which can screw up my whole week. But it sucks for those who won't get to see the game in their area now.

As an out of market fan that is the part that sucks when primetime games get flexed out.

In the eyes of the network execs, Favre > all else.

Since the Titans are at the Colts, I wonder if CBS will leave both games at 1:00 eastern time, or if they move one to 4:00? I'm guessing since it is a FOX doubleheader that weekend both will be on at 1:00. If the Colts are still undefeated I'm guessing that game will be the primary game shown outside of New England on CBS.

In the eyes of the network execs, Favre > all else.

Since the Titans are at the Colts, I wonder if CBS will leave both games at 1:00 eastern time, or if they move one to 4:00? I'm guessing since it is a FOX doubleheader that weekend both will be on at 1:00. If the Colts are still undefeated I'm guessing that game will be the primary game shown outside of New England on CBS.

This game will be at 1pm as its a SH day for CBS. Based on the fact that MIA-NE was the primary game over the Colts earlier in the season and its a battle for divisional dominance, Its likely this game will be the primary game and should get Nantz/Simms on the call since this will be the game shown in NY and most of the eastern cities.

As an out of market fan that is the part that sucks when primetime games get flexed out.

I hear that, luckily this game will be shown in NYC over the Colts game with no other compelling matchups on cbs and the jets playing thurs night that week.

This game will be at 1pm as its a SH day for CBS. Based on the fact that MIA-NE was the primary game over the Colts earlier in the season and its a battle for divisional dominance, Its likely this game will be the primary game and should get Nantz/Simms on the call since this will be the game shown in NY and most of the eastern cities.
Yeah, I know it's a SH for CBS that weekend but I was thinking along the lines that part of the flex scheduling is an attempt by the NFL to put a good game in each time slot. I guess since they have the Brett Favre show on in the late slot on FOX they're not concenred with what CBS has on late.

Just stinks for those in tv markets where the local station with the SH generally refuses to go head-to-head with the local team; since most of the games are early games that leaves so few late games on that invariably it ends up being a game not worth watching. This week only one of the four teams playing late on CBS is worth watching; last week when CBS had the DH the only late game on FOX was a Rams game; two weeks ago the only late game on CBS was KC at Oakland.

Of course when your only option is a bad game like one of those, Sunday Ticket becomes that much more attractive - makes you think the NFL knows exactly what they're doing with the schedules and what's being shown on tv.

And Sunday Ticket remains undefeated.

I don't understand the concern, especially for those of you who live in the Boston area and will get the game whenever it's played. Why do we care? In fact, Belichick has said repeatedly that he prefers playing at 1:00 on Sunday afternoon, so that would actually be better.

Maybe I look at it differently. I don't care how much "national exposure" the Patriots get. In fact, most people outside Patriot Nation only watch the Pats to cheer against them, so why do I care if the Haters' audience is bigger?

I don't get it. Maybe I'm missing something.

Give me a 1 PM game every week. I am out of town, pay ever increasing $$ for Sunday ticket so I never miss a game. Having games nationally televised just increases the number of games I would have gotten for free, and frustrates me to know that the cost of some of my games are starting to rival actually going to a game:eek:

What a load of crap - I have to change my flight now. This really pisses me off.

Good. I prefer games at 1. I don't like waiting around to watch the Pats play.

I'm ok with the 1pm start(TG for NFL Redzone)............However,I'm sick at hearing of another game with Brett Favre or the friggin Cowboys or Da Bears.The whole NFC is like watching paint dry.........only more painfull.:mad:

WTF???
Just hours after I let my wife sign me up for the neighborhood Holiday Brunch at the Exeter Inn. I'll be hurrying home early to catch the DVR at 1:15 and catch up to realtime.

Thank God for DVR. Or Comcast, rather. Which, ironically, is more like Satan than God.

This sucks. I guess I'll have to watch this game online as well... I hate living out of market. And yes, I know, I should buy Sunday Ticket. But I am too cheap!!!

So much for my theroy... I really cant stand the Farve love fest... , this game is probably for the division title, .. It will be more humid , I know its dec for a 1pm game.. Its also a throwback game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes